Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forum signature images

I've been trying to update my signature but the forum keeps insisting that it can't determine the resolution of every image I try to add to my signature.  I didn't have any issues before but now I can't even edit my signature without removing the image that already exists.

Anyone else having issues with the image piece of the signature edit recently?

Legend Gaming

Kendogg - Member

I also could not get it to accept an image yesterday with the same error, was gonna try different image types tonight to see if it was somehow the issue. I was using a .PNG yesterday.

xqqtx8P.png

I am also having this issue. I have tried every combination of JPEGs, PNGs, different sizes, and everything and still can't get it to work. Pretty annoying. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The resolution restriction is set to 500 (width)  x 100 (height) . Upload as a .png.

It seemed to have work for me, but please let me know if it is still broken for you guys.

Jared Jackson, Software Engineer
 Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

@Jlane still the same problem

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions for <<<external link here>>>>, please try another image.

my img 480 x 38 png

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

26 minutes ago, Jlane said:

The resolution restriction is set to 500 (width)  x 100 (height) . Upload as a .png.

It seemed to have work for me, but please let me know if it is still broken for you guys.

I'll check when I get home but I tried several sizes within the limit previously, if nothing has changed I expect it to not work.

Out of curiosity did you try using something like imgur for the hosting of the image? I'm leaning towards it's related to the image's hosting versus all of us somehow screwing up the image, but don't know for sure.

xqqtx8P.png

3 hours ago, Jlane said:

This should now be resolved. 

I still can't post an image from imgur into my signature. I'm getting:

This link could not be embedded because of an unexpected error: Forbidden: "Something went wrong. Please try again".

I got this just by trying to embed an image I've previously had in my signature before. 

Edited by Zybak

A quick update. We are still working on a few additional bugs with signatures being added. I am glad to see it working for some people though :) 

I will report back when this issue is resolved completely.

Jared Jackson, Software Engineer
 Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook