Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello Crows! I’m Sgurr

Hello Crows! I’m Sgurr, and I’m new here. (I thought this was the introduction thread, but it seems the two forum places are a bit different, so I’ll go ahead and post here as well)

I’ve been playing MMOs for quite some time now. My career has so far spanned MUDs in the early 1990s up to my most recently enjoyed, Black Desert Online. The more notable games and ones that in various ways are more important to me are Star Wars Galaxies, Shadowbane, Clan Lord, A Tale in the Desert, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online, Black Desert Online, and GuildWars 2.

Ever since Shadowbane I’ve searched for an experience like it, but never did find one. Now I have great hopes for Crowfall! I especially look forward to the comeback of the risk-reward equation that’s been lacking in all forms of PvP that I’ve found in games post-Shadowbane.

In life outside of MMOs, I’m a father of four gaming kids, husband of a not-so-much-gaming wife. When I’m not gaming (computer, console, or boardgames), I work as a clinical psychologist at an outpatient psychiatric clinic for children and youth.

I’m very much looking forward to exploring the game with some of you, and battling others, until launch and beyond!

※ Sgurr Stronghold ※

4 hours ago, Askari said:

You are most welcome. We strongly need a psychologist here that treats all those traumatized humans that are either hunted by hamsters or by their perceived beef - minotaurs. 

Good one. xD

Welcome to the crow(d).

So, did i understand this correctly, you are trying to extend your exercise in psychological game theories? In this case i wish you all the best, you will for sure have a most interesting time in Crowfall. :D

Btw: You are not by any chance interested in leading a swedish stronghold in a big european community kingdom, are you? ;)

Edited by Kraahk

17 hours ago, Askari said:

We strongly need a psychologist here

I'll open a clinic in my EK then. No rats allowed. :wub:

So, did i understand this correctly, you are trying to extend your exercise in psychological game theories? In this case i wish you all the best, you will for sure have a most interesting time in Crowfall. :D

Fun as it sounds, I think I'll pass. :D Behavioural psychology is very applicable on how we behave in games (and life in general ;) ), though, so I'll use that knowledge to the max.

Btw: You are not by any chance interested in leading a swedish stronghold in a big european community kingdom, are you? ;)

My spontaneous, Crowfall newbie, clueless reaction: that sounds cool! My Shadowbane experienced, careful of political implications, reaction is: Let's discuss further;) 

Edited by Sgurr
Formatting

※ Sgurr Stronghold ※

Fair enough. :) Currently we don't know enough about EK systems anyway, to make such decisions. But here is a starting point for a discussion, if the idea sounds cool enough for you to discuss it further. ;)