Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rant Time -_-

masterofspelss

Okay, I usually don't like posting rants, but I really need to let some steam off. I just got my braces today, and I am really disgruntled off.

My teeth are crooked, not too crooked but I have an overbite and some of my teeth are out of alignment, so obviously I wanted braces. I got my wisdom teeth out last fall, and this January I finally got to go to the Ortho to make plans.

I had a few options, and one of them was remove to upper bicuspids (The teeth behind your canines) if I did, the braces would be off sooner (It would only last about a year and a half) while the other option is, don't remove teeth and wait an extra half a year (Extending it to about two years) after thinking it over, I just decided to get two teeth pulled. I didn't really think about, didn't do research, and just wasn't cautious.

This was my first mistake. I am ALWAYS overly cautious when it comes to anything big, I usually do research, look up other people's views, and other things. But this time, I didn't. Big mistake.

I had to get spacers (Elastic bands) placed around two of my upper back teeth for a week, I then had to get these metal things around the same teeth except it had two wires that connected to a small pallet that pushes against the front roof of my mouth. I had that on for about a week.

I then had my two teeth pulled. The very next day, I finally did research on getting teeth pulled, and many people said it wasn't necessary, now many people also said it was fine, but of course I focused on the negative. I began having doubts.

Fast forward another week to today, and I finally got my braces in. Except it turns out, those metal-wire-pallet-things stay on. Like on, on. I thought they would be removed once my braces were on, yeah, no.

Second, since my teeth got pulled, my teeth are now lower and touch in different places, so when I bit down after my braces were on, I loosened a bracket and they had to put another one on. Not only that, but they had to give me this blue goop to stick to my teeth so I wouldn't bite down and knock off any others.

Long story short, I pulled two unnecessary teeth out, got my tongue cut by these wires, can't feel the top of my mouth because a small pallet is in the way, can't close my mouth, and it's all because I was stupid and didn't want to wait an extra few months with braces.

Ugh, THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IF I HAD JUST DECIDED NOT TO PULL TEETH!!! I am so disgruntled off because my mouth feels like some robot because I have so much stuff inside it. The only bright-side is the fact nothing has hurt to much (Other than the wires, which don't hurt anymore)

End of rant.

7lXqKFL.gif

Ugh, I feel your pain.  A long time ago, I lived with braces for 2-3 years, and then a retainer after that, and there was a lot of frustration involved, including the wires cutting into my cheeks, you name it.  Sorry about having to make such a terrible choice!

The only bright-side is the fact nothing has hurt to much (Other than the wires, which don't hurt anymore)

I can just imagine how frustrating and uncomfortable it might be for you to have all those artificial things in your mouth, and not being able to close your mouth or eat normally.

At least you don't feel too much pain : many people suffer a lot after teeth extractions and other dental treatments.

Could be worse.

you could have the braces, then further along in your years, shatter all of your teeth, have to get the broken stumps pulled and now wear full dentures...

just sayin'...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Could have cleft lip and pallet resulting in thirteen surgeries, 14 years of mouth metal, no cartlidge in your nose but still pull chicks like there's no tommorow.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

you could have the braces, then further along in your years, shatter all of your teeth, have to get the broken stumps pulled and now wear full dentures...

just sayin'...

that happened to a girl I know...

she has a gorgeous smile now :D

@check and @doc

You guys really know how to make a person to feel better...

lmao ... carry on..

in my case it's actualy history...

as for Check, well we know he's fibbing...he said "chicks" and not "trannies"

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I had braces for 2 years, including headgear for my overbite. I now have a permanent retainer glued to my teeth on top and bottom in order to keep them straight. I didn't have to have any teeth pulled because I have a very large mouth. (Hush it, all of you.) Those wires will cut your gums and tongue no matter what nasty goup they give you. Go to the toothbrush/paste/floss aisle at the store and there is some clear wax stuff there. Buy it. A lot of it. It will save your gums. And it doesn't have any taste that I can remember.

Braces are worth the pain and money. And there will be lots of pain. Just remember to stick to the soft food rules.

I used to have braces as well.  When we were first starting the process one of the orthodontists wanted to pull some of my teeth as well but my mother was like "NOPE" and we find another fellow.  I used to have a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth but the cement they used eventually wore down and it popped off.  My teeth have shifted a touch but nothing big so I'm okay.  Though I have horribly weak enamel so I've had 4 root canals (with crowns), numerous fillings, had to have my bite adjusted untold number of times, and currently have a hairline fracture on one tooth all the way in the back that I'm having to keep an eye on to see if they'll need to crown that one too.

The dentist and I are well acquainted. :D 

Between dreams and reality.

Lantern Watch

Allow me to hug you and tell you that you may not have had to remove the teeth but...

When I got braces oh so many years ago I did the research on the then-juvenile internet and found that I could get braces without the removal of the first bicuspid because my Ortho-surgeon had wanted me to go through very much the same procedure as you. I left them in and to this day I regret it. The pressure of the realignment and crowding in my mouth forced my wisdom teeth up into my skull so they will never ascend, and in about 10 years, when they've become rotten balls of tooth-flesh I'll be looking at a costly procedure where they'll actually have break my jaw, both on the top and bottom, to remove them. The same pressure also fractured both my second bicuspid teeth down the middle and while the right side has been 'healed' with costly repair surgery the left had to be removed because the fracture had torn the nerve in half (I don't think I have to tell you how much THAT hurt) and I'll forever have a big gap on that side of my mouth unless I get the second bicuspid on the right removed and have bracers and tooth spacers installed again. Not a good look for an adult.

While you're in pain and it may not seem like it now you've done the right thing and you're preventing this --^  I hope you feel better soon and would like to pass on to you the secret and blessed relief brought on by frozen grapes and banana coins as well as a truck load of hugs.