Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anhrez

Finishing step in crafting a Crowfall Parcel

Luckily no rage quit .... as I survived the final combination and did not waste 3000 premium materials

there are vids of each of the work ups for Gravel, Mulch and Ore Concentrate but they are boring as watching paint dry

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

4 hours ago, Tinnis said:

So... did you track how many hours of total harvesting and crafting this took

(and then work out your per hour vs store cost "wage"? :P )

I earned a solid $4.10 if you include all the crafting time into the mix .....

But I think I found a path to $120 an hour stay tuned!!!!!!! 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

yes it was a good example of what @KrakkenSmacken has mentioned about the fear of the pain from failing :)

LR0tCJt.png

41 minutes ago, anhrezcf said:

I earned a solid $4.10 if you include all the crafting time into the mix .....

But I think I found a path to $120 an hour stay tuned!!!!!!! 

so what was the total hours time to gather and make then?

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

4 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

it took me close to 3.5 hours for each of the Premium mats sources. I had to get more than 1000 each as even at 95% success rate I still failed and lost mats. The refining of Mats to Earth base components to around 30 mins for each (3X)

I am spec'd gathering but mainly in ore, I did not use any of the Plentiful 4 pots only the cheap increase % crit stuff as I needed white in volume 

LR0tCJt.png

11 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

I ran some testing last night, without any pots.

Base numbers and result series of 7 consecutive ore node farms without pots, but passive on. This was probably an ideal situation, almost 30 minutes of uninterrupted mining, with node farms close enough that the only down time was jogging node to node.

• Average time per node, 36 seconds.
  • Average yield per node 5.36
  • Seconds per unit 6.7
  • Total Yield 193

So if he had of had a total combine fail on the final, and lost the 3000 materials, the cost would have been close to 5:34 hours, not counting time to craft, etc.  That's just time on nodes, minimums.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Just now, KrakkenSmacken said:

I ran some testing last night, without any pots.

Base numbers and result series of 7 consecutive ore node farms without pots, but passive on. This was probably an ideal situation, almost 30 minutes of uninterrupted mining, with node farms close enough that the only down time was jogging node to node.

• Average time per node, 36 seconds.
  • Average yield per node 5.36
  • Seconds per unit 6.7
  • Total Yield 193

So if he had of had a total combine fail on the final, and lost the 3000 materials, the cost would have been 5:34 hours, not counting time to craft, etc.  That's just time on nodes, minimums.

Sadly I died a lot in my gathering, I had to re-craft tools, etc do I was far from that effective ... but one day I may

LR0tCJt.png

25 minutes ago, anhrezcf said:

Sadly I died a lot in my gathering, I had to re-craft tools, etc do I was far from that effective ... but one day I may

I spend 15-20 minutes crafting 10 picks and spirit banking them. When one pick gives me the "durability low" warning, I start the transfer out.  

My test was all well and good until facerip showed up and ended it early. I was planing on an hour, but got close enough to 30 minutes and had enough samples that I figured it was a representative sample size.

Oh, and remember I am pretty sure that like almost everything else they said that these parcel formulas are for testing, and not actually representative of what it will take in the "real" game.

But don't worry, POI's are planned to drop materials in the 1000's, so you're probably doing this the hard way at the moment.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I agree ... but understanding the mapping of components interests me greatly next I will 'bootstrap' something and share the vid! 

The crafting of a Building is fr more nuanced and prohibitive than a parcel. A cottage is $65 versus the $50 for the land parcel I created but the complexity and materials need is far far greater for the cottage. I suspect we will see a shift of the parcels more towards the buildings, maybe adding some of the optional mats as a requirement for the land masses. Add in some Heartwood, some uncut Gems, and some Minerals to the Earth creation and we have a real inflation of cost/effort/time?

LR0tCJt.png