Sign in to follow this  
makkon

Resource cost need serious investigating and

after last patch myrmidon get better expirience with resource cost, but still required atleast 2 passives around resource which makes him gimpy

Posted (edited)

bump this topic

I have new ideas:

1) bring back berserker 16s duration with up to 50% damage bonus BUT put it on harness mechanic (like champion Ultimate warrior)

2) add berserker life steal effect

3) add taste for blood reduce resource cost effect or add taste for blood increased by % effect of fury regen or add taste for blood flat amount of fury regen

1 should bring back survivability and some attention

2 grant myrmidon some sustain without stupid disciplines like field of surgeon (almost everyone in basic kit have some heals. champion, templar, druid, lego, knight, etc. duelist have it from disciplines)

3 will fix huge resource problems

Edited by makkon

I made a quick Templar with the Mental Fortidude passive from the Blade Master. 

Templar skills that cost 1 Pip -> no change, still 1 pip. :(

Other skills that cost 12-18 "Resource" and normaly 1 Pip -> 0 Pip, free cast with Resource Cost reduction. :D

Same goes for Iron Skin active. 30sec of free castings.

Posted (edited)
On 05.07.2017 at 8:26 PM, MightyK said:

I made a quick Templar with the Mental Fortidude passive from the Blade Master. 

Templar skills that cost 1 Pip -> no change, still 1 pip. :(

Other skills that cost 12-18 "Resource" and normaly 1 Pip -> 0 Pip, free cast with Resource Cost reduction. :D

Same goes for Iron Skin active. 30sec of free castings.

oh man... this topic for myrmidon issues mostly. there is only 2 classes who have huge problem with resources - knight and myrmidon due to broken basic mechanics, big cost and especially broken pcm on paired weapons.

if you want to get my feeling - craft advanced paired axes/maces and try to play myrmidon. you will understand my pain and disappointment right after 1-2 LMB swings

templar has no problems with resource, especially with broken field surgeon passive and amount of heals he can get.

ps. Mental Fortidude not from blade master rune

Edited by makkon

Posted (edited)

I don't think this is a topic of "which class sucks more" or has the bigger problems, I think this is a topic for improving the game, no?
The Title is "Resource cost need serious investigating" and I think the Templar "cast for free" issue needs to be investigated as well.

On 6.7.2017 at 9:46 PM, makkon said:

ps. Mental Fortidude not from blade master rune

Yes it is.

Edited by MightyK

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, MightyK said:

I don't think this is a topic of "which class sucks more" or has the bigger problems, I think this is a topic for improving the game, no?
The Title is "Resource cost need serious investigating" and I think the Templar "cast for free" issue needs to be investigated as well.

Yes it is.

overall yes. but templar isnt best example to start investigating in problem.

big game experience taught me to show examples to bring up a problem. usually devs take attention on examples not overall problem (especially if they wont or dont know how to fix whole problem),  so I do not want they start it from fixing 0 pip cost on templars while some classes totally unplayable, this is why I quoted like this. this is why I call this topic pointing to a common problem but pointed out in it what should be paid attention in the first place

ps and ofc, like any individual (customer), I pursue my interests because it is exactly the problems with the myrmidon class that affect my gaming experience process in CF atm. some1 call it tests, but testers - paid employees. we are customers and playing with early alpha project

else I wont spent my time to playing, bug reporting like this if I cant to influence the process of developing an interesting class for me

Edited by makkon