Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

trading for your whites later today!

I will be online after 3pm PST spamming trade trying to trade my Green, Blue/Purple Wood, Ore, Stone for your whites

I want to do more Parcel efforts, and figure time to take an easier path.

What amount of white do you all think if fair for green, blue or purple?

If I happen to have leather to trade what volume of White stone, ore , wood would be fair for Green or Blue leather?

to trade:

20 purple tin. 100 Blue tin

90 Blue Limestone

20 purple Oak, 90 blue oak 

10 Blue Boar Hide

6 Blue Bear hide 

20 Soul gems

10 Oak heartwoods

All trades would need to be in my EK ... of course a level of trust would be need so trading will be small amounts at a time 

Edited by anhrezcf

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

To help get this discussion going here is some data from one gathering run I did this morning.  By the way, I am interested in trading.

For reference, here are the specifics of my data collection:

• 25 minute gathering period
  • Used the new discipline passive
  • All pots were up (plentiful, critical chance, critical amount, beneficial chance)
  • 0 gathering training
  • On a Knight (spamming stamina regeneration between or during node as needed)
  • Used 3 hammers: +26, +12, +10 (the latter 2 could not get through a node in one stamina bar; Knight skill solved that)
  • Done on Corruption server farming Slate with no one around (lots of nodes close by; not much running around)

Results:

~230 White stone
~25 Green stone
~30 Blue stone
~10 Purple stone

If we were to trade based on rarity value, then that would yield roughly the following:

50 White = 5 Green
50 White = 6~7 Blue
50 White = 2 Purple

Obviously, Green being "rarer" than Blue is weird, but that has always been my experience (even in much larger sample sizes).

I would love to hear other peoples thoughts.  I will try to keep an eye on more data going forward to get some more consistent numbers.

1 hour ago, Kirchhoff said:

If we were to trade based on rarity value, then that would yield roughly the following:

50 White = 5 Green
50 White = 6~7 Blue
50 White = 2 Purple

Obviously, Green being "rarer" than Blue is weird, but that has always been my experience (even in much larger sample sizes).

I would love to hear other peoples thoughts.  I will try to keep an eye on more data going forward to get some more consistent numbers.

Rank?

Edited by BarriaKarl

30 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Rank?

I believe all the nodes are rank 5, but I cannot remember (might be rank 4).  Someone could check (slate on corruption server).

Also, for the entirety of my play time (ever), I have yet to get a legendary drop.  Is there some training required?  It seems impossible to not have one yet when I have farmed 1000's of materials.

EDIT: Removed side discussion to keep thread on topic.

Edited by Kirchhoff

9 minutes ago, Kirchhoff said:

I believe all the nodes are rank 5, but I cannot remember (might be rank 4).  Someone could check (slate on corruption server).

However, this discussion isn't really about the gathering systems balance for the release version of the game.  We are tying to figure out trade amounts right now, in pre-alpha, in a testing-pot environment.  There is another thread talking about drop tables and harvesting stats, please try to keep that discussion there.  That being said, I do agree it is strange that green is rarer than blue.

Also, for the entirety of my play time (ever), I have yet to get a legendary drop.  Is there some training required?  It seems impossible to not have one yet when I have farmed 1000's of materials.

My bad, my bad. You are right. Will edit to make sure.

3 hours ago, Kirchhoff said:

EDIT: Removed side discussion to keep thread on topic.

I've only seen one or two, and that was when we had the 5 plentiful harvest pip pots.

You may see them if you use the passive (PH3) and the "real" alchemy pot that costs quality stone and ore to push it to 4, then all the other pots, then fight your way through some nodes with good picks on blood bath. (Tier 9).

EDIT: According to the tables Blair showed us here the chance of a legendary doober is 2% per critical plentiful roll, which seems totally unrelated to your PH level, so perhaps you don't need the real alchemy pot to get them.

I've only ever seen rank 5 on corruption.

@anhrezcf  This was last week's test, are you still accumulating more whites for testing?

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

9 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I've only seen one or two, and that was when we had the 5 plentiful harvest pip pots.

You may see them if you use the passive (PH3) and the "real" alchemy pot that costs quality stone and ore to push it to 4, then all the other pots, then fight your way through some nodes with good picks on blood bath. (Tier 9).

EDIT: According to the tables Blair showed us here the chance of a legendary doober is 2% per critical plentiful roll, which seems totally unrelated to your PH level, so perhaps you don't need the real alchemy pot to get them.

I've only ever seen rank 5 on corruption.

@anhrezcf  This was last week's test, are you still accumulating more whites for testing?

It might be that legendary's aren't even on rank 5 nodes then.  I am not sure.

Also, Anhrez is crafting buildings now.  So he needs TONS more stuff.  I think it was 990 ore just for nails lol. 

Did some more gathering runs (same parameters, but ore), here is the updated data (combined with original):

White: 610
Green: 70
Blue: 86
Purple: 17

Updated conversions:

50 White
= 6 Green
= 7 Blue
= 1 Purple

Roughly equivalent.  I might update this with more data periodically, but not sure if it really matters.  I traded with @anhrezcf and didn't really care about exact exchange rates.  We just eye-balled what looked fair.  It is just Pre-Alpha, after all.