Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dondagora

Anyone try out a sniper-spec yet?

Runes: Arcane Archer, Sharpshooter, Master of Bows, Glass Cannon, Pound of Flesh, Expansive Mind

Binding Arrows, Aimed Shot, All Clear, Hunker Down, Glass Cannon, Pound of Flesh are the powers I find synergize well together. Rapid Fire and Suppression Shot from the Ranger's basic kit should also be good.

General Plan: All Clear, Glass Cannon, and Pound of Flesh are passives which enhance your damage at range, especially making it easier to weaken high health targets. Start with Hunker Down to increase your damage from your position, hopefully a vantage point. Shoot target a couple of times. You'll get some shots in, probably, before they figure out where you are. When they do, use Binding Arrows to root them... then keep shooting at them. Since they're stuck, you can probably Rapid Fire them with most shots hitting. Would be funny with multiple Rangers rooting a single person consecutively and just making them a pincushion in an ambush.

Now, this is all theoretical, and I imagine it won't be as easy as it is on paper, but I haven't seen any gameplay like this yet, so curious if it has been tested out yet.

Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, blazzen said:

A few of those discs aren't able to be crafted yet. 

Ah, gots it. Haven't gone in yet, so my knowledge of this and that is fairly limited at the moment.

As long as there are counters to such gameplay available, fine, but we do not want to recreate the early horrors of DAoC rangers vs everyone else.  I haven't yet looked in detail at all the proposed changes, but I'm assuming that counters will be built in to most proposed Runes, etc. and that's how it should be.  Not everyone will have such counters, but it's important that someone does.

I might even play a balanced ranger myself.  I enjoy the one I play in Skyrim, for example.

Edited by Stormcrow

tumblr_opi65cphh71v5mc1xo1_400.png

22 hours ago, coolwaters said:

I'll say this, if they don't lower the LMB damage on Ranger you'll have Rangers 2 shotting from stealth at 60 meters soon enough.

Exactly my concern.

tumblr_opi65cphh71v5mc1xo1_400.png

when rangers get stealth and can take agent provocateur the piercing debuff my be a valuable addition to a sniper build

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

On 06/06/2017 at 2:13 PM, coolwaters said:

I'll say this, if they don't lower the LMB damage on Ranger you'll have Rangers 2 shotting from stealth at 60 meters soon enough.

Projectiles is the way to go. If a ranger can hit me from 60 meters accurately enough to be a threat i wouldnt even get mad at him, that would be some awesome person.

On 6/6/2017 at 7:13 PM, coolwaters said:

Till people start producing screenshots of these shots I'll just intrepit it as a vast overexaduration - Ill be perfectly ok with pictures of 2500+ damage.

If you take the current health pools into account then please produce 5k damage pictures please.

Edit : 70 meters btw.

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos