Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Live! Art Show - Official discussion thread

Yay, fun Discipline design~ Hopefully more relaxing than the debates and critique we've been throwing about on these forums.

Edited by Dondagora

1 hour ago, moneda said:

We, uh, gonna get descriptions for those Thief powers during the stream tomorrow? :huh:

Shoe laces: movement debuff

Grappling hook: Aimed self-pull

Pickpocket: passive that let's you access other players' inventory like a chest

It was made during the last stream, you can check it out on Crowfall's Youtube.

Edited by Dondagora

2 minutes ago, Dondagora said:

It was madeduring the last stream, you can check it out on Crowfall's Youtube.

I watched the stream while it happened. I presumed that the description-less mock-up may mean changes were made between that stream and today's "reveal" of the final result; especially considering we don't currently have player-to-player inter-/transactions. So if were to get Thief soon, Pickpocket may not be functional.

/shrug

Hi, I'm moneda.

11 minutes ago, moneda said:

I watched the stream while it happened. I presumed that the description-less mock-up may mean changes were made between that stream and today's "reveal" of the final result; especially considering we don't currently have player-to-player inter-/transactions. So if were to get Thief soon, Pickpocket may not be functional.

/shrug

May not have teched it yet, and may not come out soon. These are just Discipline layouts, open to change. Though given that there's precedent for Pickpocket's mechanics, it shouldn't be too difficult to see it realized.

Will it be the Assassin, Elken or Stoneborn?

Did you HAVE to make me choose between the 3 second most awesome races in-game :blink:

I don't know which one to pin my hopes on! D:

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

THIEF HYPE!

How does Pickpocket work? I must know!

Pickpocket as a passive does make me a bit nervous. Please make sure Stealing is something you actively do, not some random loot proc.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

41 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

Did you HAVE to make me choose between the 3 second most awesome races in-game :blink:

I don't know which one to pin my hopes on! D:

I want Stoneborn. Elken and Assassin, well, we can guess what they'll be like more or less, but I feel we just have not seen enough Stoneborn.

Thief, was a lot of fun in Shadowbane when chasing disciplines runes, hope it will be the same and let you choose what you want to stole in the ennemy backpack.

And then waiting to the scout disciplines, making you chasing them :D 

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

This will be hilarious and awesome!  What is worse than getting muderfaced while gathering.  Thinking you're safe and then realizing all of your purple poorly made socks is missing.

Or even better is murderfacing some gatherers and realizing that the poorly made socks you stole just got STOLED!  (STOLED sounded like Macho Man in my head).

Makes me want to sing

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, Pann said:

Tune in at 11 am US Central, Thursday, June 8, for “Crowfall Live! Art Show”.

FULL STORY

There HAS to be some way for the player to be able to tell who is able to pickpocket from them. There HAS to be. No two ways around it. Thief as a class is shadowbane were shunned by strangers and guildies alike. But at least people could look and go "oh, that guy is a thief, don't let them get near to pickpocket me."

I have killed guild mates in Shadowbane for being a thief and getting too close to me while swapping things from inventory to bank and vice versa. The amount of paranoia this will generate if not able to easily identify if there is danger lurking will be no bueno. 

1 hour ago, Navystylz said:

There HAS to be some way for the player to be able to tell who is able to pickpocket from them. There HAS to be. No two ways around it. Thief as a class is shadowbane were shunned by strangers and guildies alike. But at least people could look and go "oh, that guy is a thief, don't let them get near to pickpocket me."

I have killed guild mates in Shadowbane for being a thief and getting too close to me while swapping things from inventory to bank and vice versa. The amount of paranoia this will generate if not able to easily identify if there is danger lurking will be no bueno. 

Considering this will be a Disc it probably will be impossible to know. God, i so dont wanna see this in game.

I look forward to hearing how thieving will exist in CF, but im not very excited about it - Thieving in whats to be a mostly battle ground style game makes little sense to me. 

I hope there will be counters to thieving and not just abundant stealing - Give it a purpose, but with limits. 

In Shadowbane, with no scout tracking in your group you weren't able to tell who stoled you, so i don't see the deal in Crowfall if you can't say either because it's a discipline?

I remember times when hunting the commander rune with a full group (no scout) the carrier taking the rune, then we discussed about who will be given the rune to finally discover she vanished from the inventory, it was too late and it was our fault. No need to blame the system for a mistake taken from us, so why would you blame the disciplines in Crowfall? You plan to get harvesting/hunting stuff and want to have an eye on your inventory? get perception disciplines + scout on a vessel.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

2 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Considering this will be a Disc it probably will be impossible to know. God, i so dont wanna see this in game.

Some Disciplines may have visual tells, such as a face mask or a horn. If not, there's always the "This person has been watching me and is now standing next to me for no apparent reason" test to sort the potential thieves from the less suspicious crowd.

1 hour ago, Gorwald said:

In Shadowbane, with no scout tracking in your group you weren't able to tell who stoled you, so i don't see the deal in Crowfall if you can't say either because it's a discipline?

I remember times when hunting the commander rune with a full group (no scout) the carrier taking the rune, then we discussed about who will be given the rune to finally discover she vanished from the inventory, it was too late and it was our fault. No need to blame the system for a mistake taken from us, so why would you blame the disciplines in Crowfall? You plan to get harvesting/hunting stuff and want to have an eye on your inventory? get perception disciplines + scout on a vessel.

In Shadowbane only Thieves could steal from you in the first place. Tracking made it a simple deal for most people to know when a thief was about and take measures to not have valuables on them if no way to reveal. A far cry different then a discipline where you have no idea who the heck a thief is. Not the same at all.