Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorn

A Sobering Loss 14v19

Had some good fights on Thursday when the servers came up.
Some small scale 3v3 and larger scale fights as people logged on.
Won the first few, then lost the last two.
Here is the last of those between Order and Balance!
I died, but still had fun. Interesting to see how things shape up and how powerful some skills and combinations can be.

Good fights, looking forward to more. Dem confessors though...

Edited by scornoflife
woops, totally counted Yoink twice in that fight and forgot Rysden...time to get sleep!

ScornofLife2.jpg

Looking at the photo, I see you getting 22 FPS during the action. I really hope they are able to make adjustments to something to make the game playable.

11 minutes ago, cencal said:

Looking at the photo, I see you getting 22 FPS during the action. I really hope they are able to make adjustments to something to make the game playable.

Together with the big reveal the Devs said they are getting help from the unreal guys to increase performance. It is true since they increased the graphics quality but kept the same fps.

1 minute ago, BarriaKarl said:

Together with the big reveal the Devs said they are getting help from the unreal guys to increase performance. It is true since they increased the graphics quality but kept the same fps.

I saw the news regarding the Unity folks helping ACE optimize their code, but for me, playing at 22 FPS in no bueno. It brings back memories of Shadowbane sieges.

9 minutes ago, cencal said:

I saw the news regarding the Unity folks helping ACE optimize their code, but for me, playing at 22 FPS in no bueno. It brings back memories of Shadowbane sieges.

The 22 FPS ( and lower at times) is really bad at the moment, but the fights are still fun. But yeah, right now server performance is really bad - Any time one gets around buildings or in large fights like this its a big frame drop. 

22 minutes ago, cencal said:

IIRC it's something to do with the recent updates. I remember getting better FPS a couple of versions ago.

I'd rather FPS drops than 5 second freezes from message ping spikes. I didn't see any ping spikes in this video so that is encouraging given the numbers in the fight, the fact it was on a larger map and on a server with mobs spawned. 

EDIT: Just saw Chodie's video which had several freezes due to ping spikes :( Looked playable at least. 

Edited by blazzen

41 minutes ago, blazzen said:

I'd rather FPS drops than 5 second freezes from message ping spikes. I didn't see any ping spikes in this video so that is encouraging given the numbers in the fight, the fact it was on a larger map and on a server with mobs spawned. 

Yea looks better and no super lag spikes. 25 fps while bad is not the end all.

Last night was super fun... Especially when fighting off Order and Chaos at the same time :D

In other news... Fessor underpowered.... buff fessor.. kk thnx. ^^

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

I'm not a fan of the game collapsing under the weight of only 30 players on the screen. In a tab based game frame dips in to the 20s might be forgivable, but in a game that requires you to aim (regardless of how easy it might be), it's an issue.

I still had Shadows on for this recording, will try taking them off and see if/how performance increases. Hope the quality was alright

ScornofLife2.jpg

On 6/9/2017 at 11:05 AM, destrin said:

Common line from Sugoi Discord:
"Hold on, let me hit this bong real quick"

You guys know how to make a fella feel homesick ?

3 hours ago, dreaden said:

You guys know how to make a fella feel homesick ?

Come back home to me baby boy.  Just sprint the rest of the way.... you can handle it.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel