Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ore and Stone nodes combos/patterns?

Well as I stand around harvesting 1000's of stuff, my mind wanders to patterns and wonder if you all have seen it too.

1) Certain ores are usually found near other ores and stones - Have you notices Copper and Iron seem to be near each other more often than not? Have you seen Gold near Slate, Copper and Iron near Granite and Marble?  What other spawn locations are you seeing ?

2) Iron and Copper are more than likely near the middle of the map, and not near Gold or Silver.

You guys seeing any other patterns? Do certain trees seems more common near certain Ore/Stone nodes?

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Yew seems to be inside the valleys, with Birch out on the "plains".  What I find more often than "knot" near the birch is limestone or travertine.  With copper and iron near each other in the valleys, I find the yew next to them quite a bit.

Spruce is near gold/silver quite a bit as well.

lUvvzPy.png

I cannot remember a time where I have seen Tin inside the Canyons but Copper, Iron and Gold I do remember 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

10 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I've noticed trends, but I think it's just because they re-use parcels with node placements, and it doesn't really have anything to do with a sort of plan or limitations.  

this would make sense .... just wondering once we 'go live' if the pattern recognition would still work.

I mean the Thicket parcel is pretty noticeable .. so we know where Boars are at. The Blue Crystal is noticeable we have an idea where cats form, curious of there is a pattern for the other nodes 

LR0tCJt.png

My guess is they are using a spawn point for the npcs, based on the parcel like anhrezcf stated; for the other nodes my guess is they are using splat maps.  The splat maps could be by parcel, or it could be by map.  If they are using splat maps, then more than likely those have more human design to them than a true random factor.

What's cool though is even though they used splat maps (again that's only a guess) for things like trees, each tree can have a random facing variable, which allows a forest to look more organic.

lUvvzPy.png

It's hard to say if this was done randomly or if it was built this way by ACE.  I'm fairly sure the current worlds were almost hand built by ACE so that could be why we have similarities to what resources at located by other resources.  If CW's are randomly generated and stitched together by a new system/tech this could drive the resources to be different then what we are seeing now.

We will just need to wait until new maps (CW's) are released and scout them out to see what is truly happening.

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall