Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Test Environments: Official Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

well so much for going to play FF14 if this is coming soon.

I think a full wipe would be killer "bad". Specially with us still in the Pre-Alpha/Alpha  area of the game. They have not fully given us the tools to be able to do everything in the game. Specially with recipes for crafted items. Now once we moved to Beta of the game then heck yea.

Edited by dinorage

Everyman dies, Not every man truly lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes no sense to do a skill wipe at this stage to make everyone "equal".  Just this week we found that PCM training in the skill tree is not working and not carrying over to the stat tree of the character.  If we had our skills reset this weekend that might have never been found until we regained that lost training.  A skill wipe can be done when it needs to be or when soft launch happens.

The pre-alpha state doesn't need to be made "fair" for late comers to Crowfall.  This is a test environment after all.

Edited by Weebles

   Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Soon" - such a tease, Max.

Given the upcoming day of streaming, it seems reasonable to assume that this will go live immediately (say under a week) after that.  Hopefully with win conditions, etc.

I am looking forward to a faster pace of iterations on the test server now that you don't have to worry about breaking things for the wider audience.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, durenthal said:

I am looking forward to a faster pace of iterations on the test server now that you don't have to worry about breaking things for the wider audience.  

Conversely, I hope people are ready for a slower rate of iteration for the "live" server. There are a few folk who seem to get real irritated that ACE doesn't make changes on testers' schedules. They're going to have to take some Xannies or something and deal with a much longer "to live" delivery pipeline.


Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am all for ACE wiping whenever they feel it necessary, understanding that skill trees are not finalized and we haven't received all of the classes and race/class combos and such yet there will probably be times where wipes are critical for reasons that supersede some player's personal preferences and conveniences in present testing.


Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The news that ACE is continuing it's progress and building infastructure towards 24/7 is exciting.

What is not exciting is the idea that ACE anticipates 1000s of 24/7 play testers and intends to provide them with the game in its current state.  Very little content and laugable balance.

24/7 "testing" with thousands of players is the new release given the success of Steam Early Access titles.  This is not the Crowfall I would want the general public experiencing, reviewing, and telling their friends about.

I hope ACE does not take the step to 24/7 lightly. I would hope ACE heavily restricts access to the 150 or so die hard fans that have been testing the last 1.5 years, and open 24/7 up when the content and progress is there to make the effective Crowfall Early Access debut be a successful PR hype-generator.

Edited by angelmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very neat news. But I feel some changes should at least be considered before going into said scenario.

Here are a few of suggestions for the more critical ones.

Nova

It would be nice and proper in my opinion if this had a graphic and lasted only 3 seconds.  This ability should act like a pull or a disengage tool. As is, it is a more powerful version of a root feature. And power-wise it rivals and in my opinion is more powerful then the Knight Soul power ability.

Mana Shield

With correct mana management and kiting a confessor will generally be unkillable with this ability. I think the most appropriate measure would be to significantly increase the cost of maintaining it. To turn it away from a "Hah! I can tank all the damage" to a "Gah I gotta survive even if I drain my mana super fast". If this however cannot be done, then I suggest removing the ability for confessors to use Focus Orbs.

Chain Pull / Net 

It is my recommendation that you put both abilities on a 15 second cooldown. Net on a 10 second cooldown allows it to be used to frequently, while chain pulls 25 second cooldown doesn't allow it to be used enough. The pulling mechanics on pull are bugged due to mass to my knowledge, so I will leave that up to you to figure out and fix.

Legionnaire Heals

One of the defining qualities of the legionnaire was its ability to heal other classes very well. With the recent change of removing attack powers empowering heals it has dramatically impacted legionnaire healing ability. To the point where I do not feel it is appropriate to even consider the class a support anymore. It is more efficient in my opinion to Run a confessor with healing disciplines as a support as their heals will be near equal as well as they are able to produce multiple ranged cc for peeling units at all ranges. I feel equipped with the certain disciplines Legionnaires are able to become Extremely durable tank that has one of the best survival kits, in addition to disrupting kits, allowing them to have a strong chase down factor. 

Power Cost Modifier

I feel that this is in a decent condition... However, I believe that the base Power Cost Modifier is too high, rendering some classes considerably weaker due to it. With some even unable to use more then 1 or 2 abilities due to it.

Crowd Control Effects

It is my own personal opinion that there are simply too many of them in the game. It is to the point that unless you slot an anti-CC discipline that you will be critically punished for not doing so. Resulting in a very anti-melee meta, as landing said cc on multiple melee units is significantly easier then against ranged units. 

 

I feel that unless some changes are addressed in some fashion the public backlash from new testers; who are not experience and used to the current condition of the game, could be very negative. 

Edited by SirGeorge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, angelmar said:

The news that ACE is continuing it's progress and building infastructure towards 24/7 is exciting.

What is not exciting is the idea that ACE anticipates 1000s of 24/7 play testers and intends to provide them with the game in its current state.  Very little content and laugable balance.

24/7 "testing" with thousands of players is the new release given the success of Steam Early Access titles.  This is not the Crowfall I would want the general public experiencing, reviewing, and telling their friends about.

I hope ACE does not take the step to 24/7 lightly. I would hope ACE heavily restricts access to the 150 or so die hard fans that have been testing the last 1.5 years, and open it up when the content and progress is there to make the effective Crowfall Early Access debut be a successful PR hype-generator.

I like infrastructure building.

 

But I believe more players is better for ACE. They get to test how their servers handle it. Sure, bug-finding is good and all, but mass is also important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SirGeorge said:

Very neat news. But I feel some changes should at least be considered before going into said scenario.

Here are a few of suggestions for the more critical ones.

Nova

It would be nice and proper in my opinion if this had a graphic and lasted only 3 seconds.  This ability should act like a pull or a disengage tool. As is, it is a more powerful version of a root feature. And power-wise it rivals and in my opinion is more powerful then the Knight Soul power ability.

Mana Shield

With correct mana management and kiting a confessor will generally be unkillable with this ability. I think the most appropriate measure would be to significantly increase the cost of maintaining it. To turn it away from a "Hah! I can tank all the damage" to a "Gah I gotta survive even if I drain my mana super fast". If this however cannot be done, then I suggest removing the ability for confessors to use Focus Orbs.

Chain Pull / Net 

It is my recommendation that you put both abilities on a 15 second cooldown. Net on a 10 second cooldown allows it to be used to frequently, while chain pulls 25 second cooldown doesn't allow it to be used enough. The pulling mechanics on pull are bugged due to mass to my knowledge, so I will leave that up to you to figure out and fix.

Legionnaire Heals

One of the defining qualities of the legionnaire was its ability to heal other classes very well. With the recent change of removing attack powers empowering heals it has dramatically impacted legionnaire healing ability. To the point where I do not feel it is appropriate to even consider the class a support anymore. It is more efficient in my opinion to Run a confessor with healing disciplines as a support as their heals will be near equal as well as they are able to produce multiple ranged cc for peeling units at all ranges. I feel equipped with the certain disciplines Legionnaires are able to become Extremely durable tank that has one of the best survival kits, in addition to disrupting kits, allowing them to have a strong chase down factor. 

Power Cost Modifier

I feel that this is in a decent condition... However, I believe that the base Power Cost Modifier is too high, rendering some classes considerably weaker due to it. With some even unable to use more then 1 or 2 abilities due to it.

Crowd Control Effects

It is my own personal opinion that there are simply too many of them in the game. It is to the point that unless you slot an anti-CC discipline that you will be critically punished for not doing so. Resulting in a very anti-melee meta, as landing said cc on multiple melee units is significantly easier then against ranged units. 

 

I feel that unless some changes are addressed in some fashion the public backlash from new testers; who are not experience and used to the current condition of the game, could be very negative. 

Legionnaire won't be existing for much longer, so...

 

But I agree with the Power Cost Modifier. Honestly, items should default to no modifier.

Edited by Dondagora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL @ the shock and awe of these replies. "The new testing environment system will scale better for thousands of people" doesn't automatically translate to "we're immediately going to open testing to thousands more people to the exact same build you're playing right now."


Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dondagora said:

I like infrastructure building.

 

But I believe more players is better for ACE. They get to test how their servers handle it. Sure, bug-finding is good and all, but mass is also important.

Mass is important.  Maybe ACE can thread the needle here.  They get an early access testers $50 either way.

Seems to me the game is still months out from a point where I could turn to a friend and recommend it.

When this thing goes 24/7 down to the Beta 2 level... there will be a lot of folks on twitch, reddit, Facebook, etc. making and spreading such judgments and hype.  I hope it ends up being good PR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, srathor said:

Start the new server with a total wipe. Banks, skills, All the recipes freebies. That or port over what we have now and wipe the non 24/7 completely. We need a snapshot of what the game really is, not the bandaided monster it has become.

17 minutes ago, why_me said:

Could you please add instant skill learning and the possibility to unlearn skills to the test environment?

This will allow us to better test the influence of stats and the correct working of the skill tree. 

Since these servers are now separate things, I wonder how hard it would be to configure the test environment to have a much faster skill training time (24-72X), and a player controlled personal "reset", so we can run through multiple iterations and variations.

Leave the "live" with the current skills to reduce rage, but give the test environment a way to roll through passive training quickly. 

 

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...