Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

About Kickstarter Rewards: Official Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, dolmar said:

Considering people have forum account names of zhtwhWtwT0999

And now character names, too.  Thanks C&V!

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

On 6/14/2017 at 11:26 AM, Zybak said:

Really happy about forum names being in-game names. It's going to hold people much more accountable now that you can't hide behind alternate names without literally paying for it. Ever since this change I've noticed a weird coincidence where many of the people who talk big on the forums are NEVER seen in game...strange.

Love it.  

Given how the training system works and that it's a buy to play game, that won't be as rare as you think it is.

Backers who have these rewards on their accounts will be receiving an email from us soon (if they haven't already). Here's an excerpt so you can see what the process entails and what the guidelines are for the names. 

• Name a Location: expected to be used for an area, region, place or a natural feature (mountain, mesa, spire, pond, lake, pass, stream, swamp, plain, mountains, forest, etc.)
  • Name a Fallen Monarch: expected to be used geographically and for strongholds
  • Name a Fallen Hero: expected to be used geographically and for points of interest

When choosing the three names, please follow these guidelines:  

• You may have one dash, apostrophe, accent, exclamation and two spaces in the name
  • Alpha/numeric
  • 32 maximum characters
  • Keep it thematic and in accordance with our Terms and Conditions (https://crowfall.com/en/terms/)
  • Also avoid obvious copyright infringements, such as other fantasy IP's.

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

1 hour ago, Pann said:

Backers who have these rewards on their accounts will be receiving an email from us soon (if they haven't already). Here's an excerpt so you can see what the process entails and what the guidelines are for the names. 

• Name a Location: expected to be used for an area, region, place or a natural feature (mountain, mesa, spire, pond, lake, pass, stream, swamp, plain, mountains, forest, etc.)
  • Name a Fallen Hero: expected to be used geographically and for points of interest

• You may have one dash, apostrophe, accent, exclamation and two spaces in the name
  • Alpha/numeric
  • 32 maximum characters
  • Keep it thematic and in accordance with our Terms and Conditions (https://crowfall.com/en/terms/)

Will the backer who named that location/monarch/hero also be identified where that name shows up? As in:

King Customnamed Monarch
(Named by Backername)

Edited by recatek

1 hour ago, Pann said:

• Alpha/numeric
  • 32 maximum characters

You want replies with ranked lists of 2 or 3 names for each category  (incase of rejections, etc.), correct?

If all submissions are rejected will you be following up with that backer?

40 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Will the names be tied together with any type of lore? Would we be able to submit a small bit of lore or background for the names?

No lore is necessary!

21 minutes ago, angelmar said:

You want replies with ranked lists of 2 or 3 names for each category  (incase of rejections, etc.), correct?

If all submissions are rejected will you be following up with that backer?

If you wanted to send ranked lists, that's fine, but that's not necessary. We'll follow up with you if the names aren't appropriate for any reason.

In regards to a location, should we specify for what type location or a generic name that might be applied to all types?

Eg "Blah Blah Forest" - would this be inappropriate because it may be potentially applied to a non forest?

Crazy Talk co-co-co-gl

Guardians of Moonforest fangirl

25 minutes ago, taroskin said:

In regards to a location, should we specify for what type location or a generic name that might be applied to all types?

Eg "Blah Blah Forest" - would this be inappropriate because it may be potentially applied to a non forest?

More generic is better. If you send in "Blah Blah Forest" we'll probably just let you know we're using the "Blah Blah" part.

2 hours ago, recatek said:

Will the backer who named that location/monarch/hero also be identified where that name shows up? As in:

King Customnamed Monarch
(Named by Backername)

I would assume our names would be entered into the credits, dunno if what we named would also be presented in the credits

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

This is pretty cool stuff! Makes me kinda regret buying the Collector's Edition, but then again the edition doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Edited by Numinarus

On 6/16/2017 at 1:57 PM, Pann said:

Backers who have these rewards on their accounts will be receiving an email from us soon (if they haven't already).

Great response - thank you!  Can you give us a final "All emails have been sent?" so we can make sure to check?

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

11 hours ago, dolmar said:

When the names we submitted are used anyway we will know where they are used at? @CrowfallCentral @Tyrant

When we are good and ready!  (seriously when the final algorithmic maps are done)

Location names are used for geographic features in the map

Fallen Monarch names are used for both geographic features and for strongholds

Fallen Hero names are used for Forts and Points of Interest

Examples: "Pikes Peak", "Ralph's Keep", "Valor's Quarry"

Fortunately the submitted names are much more creative than mine.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

26 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

When we are good and ready!  (seriously when the final algorithmic maps are done)

Location names are used for geographic features in the map

Fallen Monarch names are used for both geographic features and for strongholds

Fallen Hero names are used for Forts and Points of Interest

Examples: "Pikes Peak", "Ralph's Keep", "Valor's Quarry"

Fortunately the submitted names are much more creative than mine.

@Tyrant

Are the emails being staggered, i.e. Higher Pledges first Lower Pledges last, or did I miss my email?

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I have concerns about picking a name:

1. What if two people pick the same name? 
  2. What if someone picks my Forum name? 
  3. Does it have to be a real word? (Flarktox Town)
  4. Can we use the same name more than once? (Riding Sun Mountain, The mines of Riding Sun, The Castle of Riding Sun)

23 minutes ago, Keaggan said:

4. Can we use the same name more than once? (Riding Sun Mountain, The mines of Riding Sun, The Castle of Riding Sun)

If two people pick the same name you'll never know it. When you see it in game you won't know someone else picked it as well.

If someone picks your forum name, consider it an honor. A free call-out in game.

I doubt it has to be a real word.

I'm sure your 'more than once examples' would be fine, except two of them have too many spaces in them.

IhhQKY6.gif

44 minutes ago, Keaggan said:

I wanted to use my forum name, but I didn't think it would fit very well in the world. Though I'd be pretty happy if I rolled up to "Groovin the Great's Mountain Fortress"  :^)

231e101d88.jpg