Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ACE_JackalBark

Update from the AI Guy

How much do you envision NPCs to roam in a real campaign world? (or more about camps)

(e.g. free roaming helcats, or only hanging out by a crystal or boars only hanging out by their spawner)

Will Thralls roam or be static? Will we even enter combat (either solo or group) against Thralls or are they more 'press F to ghost-bust' style interactions?

Will Thralls have the same ghost style model with just name changes for the type or...?

You've talked previously about AI Guards....?

Can we get zombie spawners for our EK for testing soon?

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Looking forward to seeing AI back in the game. For a fluff update this one wasn't too bad.

With that being said...Campaigns, Thralls, Assassin, Frostweaver, Cleric, Steath Skill Tree, Tracking Skill Tree, Mounts, Caravans, or anything like that would be good too.

:D

I would personally commit to following and observing Boar and Cats on the Great Plains when they are re-introduced.  As Chris describes, they should work well enough for our focus to be on other features on the game.  Thank you for mentioning my animal friends - I've been missing them.

Good read. Sad to hear your plans for AI arent ambitous, but since this is a PvP game i can let it pass.

I would like to see some group AI for certain Mobs like hellcats. I can imagine they roaming in group of three and using some group tatics like wolves does.

Will we see any complex AI behaviour? Like hunter and prey interaction? Will Mobs do something or will they just roam around until death?

1 hour ago, Kirchhoff said:

With the AI updated to account for EK modifications, does that mean spawners can be placed in EK's now?  Will you be adding those as "test parcels"?

Its in there plans to do it but, Plans and actually making it happen are two different things. It might be awhile...

1 hour ago, Gorwald said:

Good read, and so much memories with Hellcats :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfjMtbXNgm8

Helcats are badasss....don't you think so @IamMe?

At the start of the big world I even herded Helcats in an attempt to weaponise them into killing the newbie spawn.....

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Nice overview!  It was well-written and very consumable by techies and non-techies alike.  I'm very interested to hear more about the challenges of herd positioning once you've had some time to chew on it.  Happy hunting!

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger