Corp_Por

Placing Walls and Buildings

So I have my parcels placed and I have walls and buildings in my inventory. When I go to place one (right clicking) it opens up the building interface but my screen zooms way out and I don't see any building outline or wall outline and I can move my mouse around but the item outline red or blue isn't appearing at all. Is anyone else having an issue with placing a building? I am literally unable too.

Last week it worked slick as ever but something I'm doing or a bug is preventing any building placement this week.

Posted (edited)
On 15.6.2017 at 7:38 PM, Corp_Por said:

So I have my parcels placed and I have walls and buildings in my inventory. When I go to place one (right clicking) it opens up the building interface but my screen zooms way out and I don't see any building outline or wall outline and I can move my mouse around but the item outline red or blue isn't appearing at all. Is anyone else having an issue with placing a building? I am literally unable too.

Last week it worked slick as ever but something I'm doing or a bug is preventing any building placement this week.

Welcome to the forums.

Up to a certain extent zooming out is normal and intended. Sometimes it can take a while until the 'ghost item' is loaded. Depending on your machine it can be enough to wait a while or abort the building procedure and try it again then (sometimes in such cases you may see a permanent ghost building on your land after the second try that will only disappear after relogging). I don't have this problem currently, but sometimes it happens. So it's not too unsual and it can change.

Anyways, generally all bugs should be reported in the playtest bug report area (and only there). If you have an issue that requires assistance and can be solved in the Community Question & Answers area, it is recommended to send an email at support@crowfall.com and explain the problem and what you up to now already tried to do. They are usually very fast and helpful.

Have fun, good luck.

Edited by Kraahk

On 6/15/2017 at 10:38 AM, Corp_Por said:

Did you try relogging? I had an item placement issue and it was resolved by restarting the CF client. I hope its that easy for you. :) Cheers

One big question I have is if you wanted to have mock warfare in your EK that involved building destruction, can you just put the old building pieces back, or do you have to make new ones?

As far as we know up to now, it works the same way as with mount rewards. If something gets destroyed, it gets destroyed. Buildings also have a 'ruined' state that allows to repair them and this might be the final state instead of full destruction ... or not. Even if not, we will be able to apply the rewards skins on new structures/mounts. Since every item has it's own individual ID, it is theoretically possible that we will be able to put half-destroyed structures back into our inventory, with the destruction grade saved on it. But if it will be this way, we don't know yet.