vkromas

Playtest Feedback for June 15 to June 19, 2017

1 hour ago, StandOrFall said:

Unable to train a subsequent skill within Combat Principles (Resilience: Supress) when meeting stated prerequisite.

You need to train both. The tooltip says: "One or more" so it is still correct. I agree it is confusing, but nothing is wrong here.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Caenth said:

You need to train both. The tooltip says: "One or more" so it is still correct. I agree it is confusing, but nothing is wrong here.

Caenth,

Good day and thank you for the reply and clarification. If that is the case then I will shift my original issue from one of skill tree function to that of skill tree design. "Strategy: Max Resource" as it is currently written is archetype specific and should not be in the universal skill tree. ACE indicated there will be passes made over the skill trees in the future (several I would suspect), so hopefully they will round this skill out with energy, essence, etc...

Regards - StandOrFall

Edited by StandOrFall

So, I encountered a rather odd, very particular bug on Sunday (July 2, 2017) on the Corruption East 2 server.  I have not set up the proper steps to try to replicate it but will try once I get the time to do so, but I did want to put it up here in case I forget about it or someone else wants to try to replicate it first.  The "I thinks" are because I am not sure of the associated detail, but the detail described is my best recollection.

I was playing a duelist with all basic gear equipped, I did not have a rune pick equipped initially, I was in the burrowed state initially (I think), I had the mining plentiful harvest potion running (I think), and I approached a small iron node on top of a canyon wall (the iron node was one of a group of three), and my harvesting test potions for crit chance, crit amount, and beneficial harvest chance (or whatever name it goes by) had just timed out several minutes ago.  I drank the three different test potions (crit chance, crit amount, and beneficial harvest) by right clicking each, equipped the basic rune pick I had in my inventory (by right clicking), moved slightly to exit the inventory screen (I think), and then pressed and held "F" while facing the iron node.  The sound and effect of hitting the node occurred four times in rapid succession about two or three times before I ran out of stamina (the four strikes occurred faster than normal but each group of four strikes began when each mining effect normally begins).  The node was damaged each time the mining effect sounded and I lost stamina each time as well.

I will see if I can test it some more to see if I can replicate the effect, but please let me know by message if you need further information in the mean time and I will provide it.

Posted (edited)

This week-end was my first try on the game and it was impressive. The game is shaping up to be incredible!

However two bugs/problems with the interface spoiled a bit the fun. I know, it's normal, it's an alpha. ^^
I'm not sure if it's the right place to put this but I didn't found a better place so here they are.

• Some writing were difficult (if not impossible) to read because of blurry letters, as you can see here. I managed to fix the problem by increasing a lot the size of the interface, but it's not handy at all. The settings were correctly put to my screen native resolution of 1680x1050.
  • In some cases, pop-up are hidden/cut by the limit of the screen. In the case of the picture below it's easy to fix by moving the "item" windows, but it's not always the case. For example when trying to split item stack situated on the bottom right of the inventory, the "split" window is cut. Maybe make them movable?
  • The drag 'n drop in the inventory and during crafting has serious troubles. It's a real pain to try to put an item in one precise square.
  • The Copper and slag icon are identical.

Edited by Marnus
structure

Posted (edited)

couldn't remove wall section (single). see snapshot of where in my kingdom this occurred. basically, the rocks interfered with the removal of the wall, likewise the wall interfered with the removal of the remaining rocks around this area.

the "F" command didn't allow me to harvest the stone around the wall. tried many places all around, just stood in place swinging the hammer, nothing happened (no loss of stamina either). no sound, nothing. 

the "G" command didn't allow me to remove the wall section. tried many places, tried moving, twitch, etc. there were several places where the command would complete to about 90% then would go back to 0% and start removing again...over and over.

ExeVnKM.png

Edited by Gerzan

Are (combo) skills supposed to go into Cooldown when failing to execute because of missing Pips? I have that on the Templar with the second part of Restoration Strike from Master of Greatswords.

"Not enough power pips" -> 23sec CD.

Could I suggest an alternative for the Confessor skill called "Persecution"? It doesn't sound right when grouped with other skills like Tithe and Erudite or for the bonus it gives. Could something like "Correction" or comparable work better without having to use the word "Persecution"? It may fit better in one of the disciplines, but for my specific Confessor, I couldn't see him straight up persecuting people left and right. The concept to me doesn't really fit on the battlefield anyways.

Posted (edited)

Feedback: The camera for placing building in the eternal kingdom is really difficult to see what you are doing. Is a top down view a possibility? Or some way to move the camera away from your character so you can actually see what you are doing?

Also, is the mass production skill tree missing? The factory skill says it unlocks the mass production skill tree but it doesn't seem to exist.

Edited by SkyAlphaWolf
Adding more stuff

[Duelist bug]
Burrow's Tunnel can teleport the player above houses or somehow into lower level. 
In the screenshot below, possible explanation is that because of the chimney that don't have any obstacle that allow player to teleport to the roof, or to the floor again when the chimney align with the Tunnel's path.

MSBKE4M.jpg

On 7/6/2017 at 8:50 AM, CytheS said:

[Duelist bug]
Burrow's Tunnel can teleport the player above houses or somehow into lower level. 
In the screenshot below, possible explanation is that because of the chimney that don't have any obstacle that allow player to teleport to the roof, or to the floor again when the chimney align with the Tunnel's path.

I personally think this is a feature.  This is no different than the fessor or druid blinks.

Hi all. I'm going to close this thread and open a new one for this weekend.