Recommended Posts

You may recognize me in this video where 3 experienced players ganked me and a person who was trying to help me understand the game, just because.

 

It's pronounced "Elijah".

I like long walks on the edge of the world map, and levelling entire forests. I hate PvP mostly, but will gladly help equip people for it. Kinda bummed I come in this late, and Forgemaster, one of the earliest classes, still isn't implemented.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey Welcome.

Glad to see you are still planning to stay in the game even after getting to know that the playerbase is a little merciless. Those guys have no shame ganging up on newbies.

The game is a little hard on crafters right now with no safe(r) zones and the fact that everyone has to gather their own stuff but stick to it 'cuz the crafting system has potential. Even i am starting to get interested in it.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2017 at 10:09 AM, eeliigaa said:

You may recognize me in this video where 3 experienced players ganked me and a person who was trying to help me understand the game, just because.

 

It's pronounced "Elijah".

I like long walks on the edge of the world map, and levelling entire forests. I hate PvP mostly, but will gladly help equip people for it. Kinda bummed I come in this late, and Forgemaster, one of the earliest classes, still isn't implemented.

 

 

2 hours ago, DrKrang said:

Probably going to be rough for you in Crowfall, good luck

To be fair, ACE is trying to make a home for dedicated crafters.  It's not about PvP as much as it is Group vs Group, and groups need support players.

Welcome to the fray.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2017 at 0:09 PM, eeliigaa said:

You may recognize me in this video where 3 experienced players ganked me and a person who was trying to help me understand the game, just because.

 

It's pronounced "Elijah".

I like long walks on the edge of the world map, and levelling entire forests. I hate PvP mostly, but will gladly help equip people for it. Kinda bummed I come in this late, and Forgemaster, one of the earliest classes, still isn't implemented.

So..not gonna get into the argument of whether or not you're in the right place. Just gonna address your comments on the Forgemaster.

The Forgemaster was not one of the earliest classes - way back in the Kickstarter, they were basically promised as the only archetype that wouldn't be done at launch, and backers were promised early access to them as a reward. Not sure what part of that ever suggested that they were at the front of the line for development, and now that the archetype system has been replaced entirely, I'm double unsure what use their progress is as a benchmark for closeness to launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

To expand a little on what @goose said: archetypes are gone, replaced by separate races and classes. Forgemaster used to be a dwarven archetype with maybe some crafting bonuses. The forgemaster archetype doesn't exist anymore, like all archetypes. Instead we're going to get the dwarven race, which can be several different classes, and crafting disciplines which can give a crafting bonus to any race/class. Dwarves may get some natural bonus to crafting/harvesting, or access to unique crafting/harvesting disciplines, we don't know yet.

Neither of these things - race/class split or crafting disciplines - are in the pre-alpha yet, but they should be soon. As a placeholder everyone gets access to the advanced crafting recipes, and we also get cheap potions that give crafting bonuses to substitute for training and/or crafting disciplines.

Edited by Avloren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Has anyone managed to craft a siege machine in-game yet? I cannot gather beeswax yet, so I'm hoarding dust while I wait until I can get the mats. Only because I want to try out the controls, of course.

Edited by eeliigaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time we had siege weapons was during Siege Perilous - which was a focused small-scale test of sieging and building destruction without any crafting. The siege weapons just spawned for us for free. That was all taken out when we started the "big world" test with crafting, so no one has crafted a siege weapon yet. Presumably they'll get added back in with recipes at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎16‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 6:50 PM, BarriaKarl said:

Hey Welcome.

Glad to see you are still planning to stay in the game even after getting to know that the playerbase is a little merciless. Those guys have no shame ganging up on newbies.

The game is a little hard on crafters right now with no safe(r) zones and the fact that everyone has to gather their own stuff but stick to it 'cuz the crafting system has potential. Even i am starting to get interested in it.

"a Little hard on crafters" ? Are you kidding me? Nothing easier than putting stuff to SB (b) and nothing can happen to you. SB is  t h e  safe Zone!  .. .and I hope this is going to change soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spirit Bank is a 'for now' feature, it will eventually become restricted via the import/export rules when the real campaign tests start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Duffy said:

Spirit Bank is a 'for now' feature, it will eventually become restricted via the import/export rules when the real campaign tests start.

Yes, Duffy, so it is. Given this, crafters and everybody else are spoiled right now, as I mentioned above, not the opposite (a Little hard on crafters). 

Edited by Askari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.