Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yo Guys, i was doing a final check in my crafting data and seeing all stats that could be increased and by how much i realized that i have no idea how they work or if that increment is big or small. So i want to know if anyone can tell me how those stats are used.

I did a search around and the best i found was this:

Damage:
* Base Damage of Powers, for both Min and Max, are  

(100% - Archetype Damage Modifier) *     ( Power Damage + (Attack Power / 100) (Weapon Damage * Power Weap %) )

I would like to know not just about the famous stats like attack power, support power or crit but also some more obscure stats like mitigation, regen, damage bonus, etc.

Does picking a specific damage bonus over general attack power gives me better results? This is a basic question that i have no idea about.

It seems weird that with how hardcore this community is i couldnt find anything concrete about it. Are you guys perhaps keeping that info for yourselves?

If you know about the Shadowbane community - it was easier to steal from a bank in Texas compare to get access to an exact template formula in pvp back in the old days. And when we are actually closer to an active campaign in Crowfall - you will more likely see less and less information to the public about pvp templates. :)

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Great topic. 

Being brand new I would like to know what Attack Power actually means, what redemption means, what support power means etc.

is Attack Power better then weapon crit chance?

is attack power better then fire damage for a confessor ?

All these different ore and wood, hide combinations but no idea what the outcome means as far as increasing damage, healing better etc.

Keeping your builds, strategies and OP combos within the guild is one thing, but it's another when everyone has to do their own rigorous testing just to find out what the stats actually do... A fair few of the info and tooltips* are quite murky, and currently we need to do a lot of archaeology and crypto-linguistics to find out what's in the custard  - sometimes we just have to ask directly! It sucks, and I'm hoping it changes as soon as the "To-Do List" allows - I seem to recall Blair or someone else saying that much of the math is still under wraps because it's very subject to change, but that these things are going to be a little clearer in the future... So we've got that going for us, which is nice!

*Edit: ...in many cases it's because we don't know what half the terms refer to, or because some text is just missing, but most of them are just fine - I try not to complain too much about things being unpolished because of the stage we're in, but we do have a responsibility to make sure they get fixed at some point :P 

Edited by Xarrayne

:^)

I agree that everything is subject to change but i expected the community to crack the code after such long time the stats have being online.

All i could find is that really sketchy damage calculation in the OP.

I see that the community isnt really too concerned with mapping the game right now. I see a lot of new projects starting up but it will take some time before they start showing some results.

I expected more of a band of hardcore guys. Tsk Tsk Shame on you guys...

It's not easy especially when things keep changing and tooltips are not accurate to actual numbers/damage/healing. When a patch goes live there is usually MUCH MORE that was changed than is presented in the patch notes, when a new patch comes online I usually test a few things that may concern or interest me so as to get an idea of a baseline for myself over the coming weekend. Testing is a constant process however, and never ends. Some systems/stats work, others don't seem to do a thing.

I wouldn't be too concerned with the specifics of the game systems right now because I expect them to change and shift over time, much as balance will as well. It is a Pre-Alpha and I try and not take it too seriously due to understanding this. So long as changes are overall for the better and feedback is listened to more than ignored this is a good thing.

ScornofLife2.jpg