Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mesavitae

Crafting Prototype Project

Hello fellow Crafters,

I've been working on a website that will give crafter's the ability to prototype items and receive a list of total resources required as well as a list of components and statistics for items. Right now the website is still fairly early on in development, and I only have a few weapons functioning. However, I wanted to open it up to the community for input on its progression.

The ability to go through and select ingredients and receive a list of stats and resources is in place. The only stats currently available are from things such as metal bars, stitched leather, and a small number of sub components. I will be working to get more items added and implement more features as time goes on. Still to do: clean up the UI, 1 touch crafting on non-basic items for resources and stats without any added bonuses, re-crafting components, and calculate total build time

Link : Crafting Prototypes

Happy Crafting

1 minute ago, mesavitae said:

Hello fellow Crafters,

I've been working on a website that will give crafter's the ability to prototype items and receive a list of total resources required as well as a list of components and statistics for items. Right now the website is still fairly early on in development, and I only have a few weapons functioning. However, I wanted to open it up to the community for input on its progression.

The ability to go through and select ingredients and receive a list of stats and resources is in place. The only stats currently available are from things such as metal bars, stitched leather, and a small number of sub components. I will be working to get more items added and implement more features as time goes on. Still to do: clean up the UI, 1 touch crafting on non-basic items for resources and stats without any added bonuses, re-crafting components, and calculate total build time

Link : Crafting Prototypes

Happy Crafting

Looks cool, shall add to resource site of links :)

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

mesavitae,

I started on a similar project this weekend, although yours is much more user-friendly.

I did notice you are hard-coding all the items; I have a rudimentary input system set up to read from and write to an XML(ish) style file if you'd like to try and incorporate that into your project.  The idea was to have the community add and update items, rather than one person doing it all.

The project is hosted at https://crowfalldb.000webhostapp.com/ if you'd like to take a look.  Apologies for the messy code; I kinda threw it together as a proof-of-concept over a day or two.  I have not implemented adding the final stat values up yet.  The database recursively iterates a linked-list, so all it needs is to shuttle an array through the recursive calls.  I can throw that in if you're interested in using the code; otherwise, I probably won't work on it anymore.

Edited by Auras

Thanks Auras,

Having a place to update and revise recipes is definitely something that needs to happen. My focus was more on the front-end of it and it looks like you have more of the backend built. I will have a look at your project in more depth later and maybe shoot you a message, might be able to work together on it.

1 hour ago, mesavitae said:

Thanks Auras,

Having a place to update and revise recipes is definitely something that needs to happen. My focus was more on the front-end of it and it looks like you have more of the backend built. I will have a look at your project in more depth later and maybe shoot you a message, might be able to work together on it.

Sounds good.  If you're interested in collaborating, let me know.

We have released the newest version with a major UI overhaul; thanks to Auras for pulling this together. More stats and recipes will be added over time. 

Any feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated

It's pretty nice, but my suggestion is to show those [Statistic, Component, and Resources] on bottom instead.
Maybe those three can be showed all at once on the bottom of the crafted item. This also allow [Options] to be static on right side.

Then the redirect when a component is clicked might be a bit too confusing at this stage.
This is even more because the recipe's name is at the bottom.

5tcNR0w.png
                                     "A single attack to destroy anything"

5 hours ago, CytheS said:

It's pretty nice, but my suggestion is to show those [Statistic, Component, and Resources] on bottom instead.
Maybe those three can be showed all at once on the bottom of the crafted item. This also allow [Options] to be static on right side.

Then the redirect when a component is clicked might be a bit too confusing at this stage.
This is even more because the recipe's name is at the bottom.

Thanks for the feedback CytheS.

The sliding sidebars were originally implemented in an attempt to accommodate as many display resolutions as possible; that being said, we will definitely explore other display options.

Regarding your second point, are you referring to the redirect once a component is crafted?  There is a hierarchy displayed at the top of the screen (next to the CrowCraft logo), but there is probably a way to make the movement through the recipe hierarchy more apparent.  We are absolutely open to specific design suggestions.

*** CrowCraft v1.1 UPDATE ***

-- Lots of new recipes (thanks to mesavitae).

-- Component icons now display a quantity in the upper right-hand corner.

-- Fixed a bug with final totals not being displayed correctly.

As always, feedback is welcomed.

Hey guys, I had hoped someone would dive into a project like this!

I have been working on extracting and collating the crafting recipes [1] from spreadsheets, starting with CytheS [2]. It's currently exported as JSON, but as I add more spreadsheets I'll do some more logic on the data to merge it effectively and intend to add subjective information about leverage points in crafts [3]. 

If you're not using JSON, let me know what format you would prefer and I'll export in that. I'm also planning to adopt the schema changes the Malekai team suggested, which is on github currently. Eventually, we'll be providing this via API, if that would be easier. 

[1] https://github.com/OrleansCF/crowfallData/tree/master/data/recipes
[2] https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/17061-public-crafting-information/
[3] https://medium.com/@orleans/crafting-questions-armor-and-additives-1ed07949f977

Free Ginko.

Hey Orleans, 
Originally, our recipes were stored using json format, but we've moved to a database and I'm finishing a dashboard for it. The schema look similar to ours, with some exceptions; there doesn't appear to be any references to link 'components" to their item/resource. I can see this being very useful when its completed, and having an API will really help the community, but at the moment I don't think its something we could leverage.

Where did you pull the recipes from? Do you have 100% coverage? Are you going to make it open source or usable by the community?  

Components and variants are here:

https://github.com/OrleansCF/crowfallData/blob/master/data/recipes/blacksmith/weapon_grip.json#L7-L11

I have pulled all of the information in CytheS spreadsheet and we've organized it as best we could theorize (though there are a few changes remaining as alluded to). Happy to adopt to your schema, just let me know what to change or provide some examples. 

Free Ginko.

http://sitesareus.net/crowfall/schema.txt
That is my database design and a possible json example if it helps you out any. I don't know if that is the best design for everyone, but it works for our implementation. The only thing we don't have integrated yet is necromancy, but i don't foresee an issue. Don't change your design for us, do what is best for the community.

I hadn't considered releasing the information to be honest, as my goal was just to get the crafting project going and that is our main focus. 

Is here still someone active? 

I began to setup a backend (C# .NET-Core with IdentityServer for auth) for creating some kind of crafting calculator. The main purpose should be to see which ressources are needed for which item. All of that will be hosted on MS Azure.

The basic idea ist to let the community insert receipes (registration will be a must in this case). Without registration it should only be possible to view exsting receipes.

I'm not the fronend guy so if anywone is interessted in helping, you're welcome. I expect to have a full working backend during the next four weeks.