Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Q&A Live: Race and Class Changes - Official discussion thread

Pann

Awesome!

I so want to know- With the race/ class split

Since Gunpowder is a Guniecian racial thing, Will Master of Pistols be equipable for Guniecian Knights and Clerics?

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

9 minutes ago, Pann said:

It isn't a surprise for people who read the weekly newsletter. ;)

@Pann

If you're taking suggestions for future Q&As, a sound design Q&A would be fun, me thinks

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

10 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

Awesome!

I so want to know- With the race/ class split

Since Gunpowder is a Guniecian racial thing, Will Master of Pistols be equipable for Guniecian Knights and Clerics?

Pistol Knight.... FML.... Sounds terrifying

Edited by Destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

The topic of Tuesday’s stream is “Race and Class Changes” and will be hosted by Creative Director J. Todd Coleman and Design Lead Thomas Blair.

Good!  Can't get enough of that Todd fellow.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Thanks for taking our questions (even though mine appeared to vex Blixtev).   It would have been really nice if they'd addressed the hot topic of resource starvation... but maybe it's better they didn't since a blithe response would have disgruntled us off even further.  Resource starvation doesn't even feel like it's PCM-related right now for knights.  It just feels broken.

Some follow up questions from the Livestream: 

1. Cartography/FogOfWar:
    1. Will resource nodes appear on the map?
    2. Will player made structures be visible on the map?
  2. Vessels:
    1. It appears that Vessels will now be all on the racial level.
      1. Will the class be assigned at the creation of the Vessel?
        1. Will that be done by the Necromancer?
        2. Will the class be a crafted runestone?
        3. Will that have varying degrees of quality?
    2. You've said that Discs won't be easy to hot swap (i.e. to customize your character to counter a given build), however, will vessels be easily swappable?
      1. In other the words, if I have been training up my Cleric training nodes, can I swap between a Centaur Cleric vessel to run with a roaming gank group, and then swap my crow to a Guinician Cleric to run with an all stealth group...and then swap to a Stoneborn Cleric to fight in a defensive siege?
      2. As I understand that slotting of Discs...the Centaur Cleric could have one set of discs while the Stoneborn Cleric could have a completely different set of discs. Is this how you intend the system to work?
      3. TB and JTC discussed the possibility of adding racial training trees. The addition of those trees would make the ease of that swapping less appealing (as your Centaur training wouldn't impact your Stoneborn Cleric vessel when your crow possesses it). Does that increase or decrease the likelihood of adding racial training trees?
    3. Since Vessels are "items" which can be kept in your inventory, will I need to go to my vault/guild vault to swap these vessels?
    4. When do we expect to get Vessels as equipable/swappable items?
Edited by Gradishar

19 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

Some follow up questions from the Livestream: 

1. Cartography/FogOfWar:
    1. Will player made structures be visible on the map?

If the EK map is of any indication (and I think Blair confirmed that it was) then yes you will be able to see player made structures on maps

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.