Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Q&A Live: Race and Class Changes - Official discussion thread

16 hours ago, QuasiDoc said:

Did some dash testing just now in light of today's stream which had us scratching ours heads a bit when Blair stated that confessor dash is 23-25 meters.

Here are the actual numbers: 

- Confessor: 21M

- Druid: 18M

- Templar: 20M

- Knight: 20M - But with a 30 sec CD

- Ranger: Forest Step - 18M Roll - 10M

All others were 10M (did not test Duelist Wall whatever move) 

I'm a bit confused how devs do not know the dash distance of their creations, but whatever. Hopefully as suggested there will be adjustments to these in the near future. 

Testing completed by Soulein, Srathor, an myself. 

Zealot Rush is 20m in root motion data, however if you jump at the very end of it your momentum carries you forward another 3-4ish meters. This measuring was done in our flat world with measuring squares every 1m.

The other numbers look correct, mainly since they are teleports which do not create momentum that you can use to carry into a jump. (except for the Knight who has that stun component on the end of it)

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

9 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Zealot Rush is 20m in root motion data, however if you jump at the very end of it your momentum carries you forward another 3-4ish meters. This measuring was done in our flat world with measuring squares every 1m.

The other numbers look correct, mainly since they are teleports which do not create momentum that you can use to carry into a jump. (except for the Knight who has that stun component on the end of it)

What will the target range be for the normalized RMB movement abilities like Dodge/Zealot Rush/Dissipate?

Edited by soulein

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

15 minutes ago, blazzen said:

They would've tested the Myrmidon Bull Rush distance but they ran out of fury. :P 

Ohhh snap... that burn.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

20 hours ago, QuasiDoc said:

Did some dash testing just now in light of today's stream which had us scratching ours heads a bit when Blair stated that confessor dash is 23-25 meters.

Here are the actual numbers: 

- Confessor: 21M

- Druid: 18M

- Templar: 20M

- Knight: 20M - But with a 30 sec CD

- Ranger: Forest Step - 18M Roll - 10M

All others were 10M (did not test Duelist Wall whatever move) 

I'm a bit confused how devs do not know the dash distance of their creations, but whatever. Hopefully as suggested there will be adjustments to these in the near future. 

Testing completed by Soulein, Srathor, an myself. 

I would love to see the duelist and champion movement abilities included in your test sir.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

28 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

I would love to see the duelist and champion movement abilities included in your test sir.

"All others were 10M"

Only thing i think we missed was the duelist dash while he is burrowed - i forget name of skill. 

Maybe I missed this somewhere but was it mentioned if the Race/Class split and Disc system has done away with the promotion classes (Sentinel was one I remember for Knight)?

12 minutes ago, Colest said:

Maybe I missed this somewhere but was it mentioned if the Race/Class split and Disc system has done away with the promotion classes (Sentinel was one I remember for Knight)?

I don't think Promotion classes have been mentioned in a while. So they may have been scrapped. We shall see.

On 6/21/2017 at 2:43 PM, thomasblair said:

That has not worked in quite a while. There is no momentum at the end of the scoot. Its just a normal jump now that any one could do its no faster.

23 hours ago, coolster50 said:

Promotions are up in the air at the moment, they said they'd revist them after Disciplines were done

At the risk of sounding rude, do you have a source for this?

On 6/21/2017 at 9:54 AM, BarriaKarl said:

It isnt about being a dps but you want to get increased healing while also getting weapon damage? I dont like the sound of that.

Not much of a point in changing it. Want increased healing go get support. I think support power also affects more stuff than just healing so it got his own complexity.

I believe just giving certain weapons more base support power would do the trick.

An interesting way to illustrate why it makes less sense to remove weapon damage from the healing equation at this stage:

Currently all basic staves are far superior to all advanced staves for healing as the damage value is irrelevant and the efficiency is better on basic weapons.

That makes little sense. Yes, the PCM needs to be "fixed," but I think we'd have a better game if there were more than one base variable contributing to healing.

48 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

An interesting way to illustrate why it makes less sense to remove weapon damage from the healing equation at this stage:

Currently all basic staves are far superior to all advanced staves for healing as the damage value is irrelevant and the efficiency is better on basic weapons.

That makes little sense. Yes, the PCM needs to be "fixed," but I think we'd have a better game if there were more than one base variable contributing to healing.

Must it be weapon damage? Cant staves (and the likes) have a stats that affect just healing? I would just give them some base support power 'cuz this game already have dozens of stats so just re-use that one. I think there must be a choice between damage or healing.

PCM needs some fixing ASAP it is impacting how people are testing the game. Seeing people running only with basic is pretty silly. This is totally something that will not (shouldnt) happen in game so we are basically testing the wrong stuff.

53 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Must it be weapon damage? Cant staves (and the likes) have a stats that affect just healing? I would just give them some base support power 'cuz this game already have dozens of stats so just re-use that one. I think there must be a choice between damage or healing.

PCM needs some fixing ASAP it is impacting how people are testing the game. Seeing people running only with basic is pretty silly. This is totally something that will not (shouldnt) happen in game so we are basically testing the wrong stuff.

I mean sure, but why? Just to recreate the wheel? Just because?

Healing worked fine (unlike now) for a year before they removed weapon damage from the healing calculation. 

Secondary consideration: this change makes healing values substantially weaker than damage values. Without powerful healing builds nearly every fight will be decided by numbers. I'd rather have a game where a clever small force has a real chance against superior numbers. That requires healing at least be on par with damage.

We're far from there currently.