Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Rookery

Duffy

Rookery_EagleLake.png

What is the Rookery?

The Rookery is a free and publicly accessible utility website for Crowfall that we'll be expanding throughout the alpha and betas with the goal of providing useful out of game tools for players at launch.

What can it do right now? 

Crafting recipes, components, and resources can be searched and cross referenced with their various uses.

How often is it updated?

We'll be doing database refreshes as the game changes overtime, ideally as often as necessary. The import process has been ironed out and it's mainly an issue of updating the spreadsheets we use for import, basically some manual busy work. We'll be doing an update this week that brings all the recipes up to their current versions, adds missing/new ones, and fixes some transcription mistakes from the previous upload. Other types of data will find it's way into the searchable database as we add more tools. Expect skills, powers, and disciplines to appear in the near future. 

What features are planned?

The next major feature is a training planner and tray load-out preview, these tools combined will allow easy creation and sharing of character builds between players based on a skill plan, chosen class, and selection of Disciplines.

While the above is being prototyped we'll also be adding the crafting recipe outputs to the data model, this will allow us to create a crafting calculator to approximate crafting results. This can tie into the training planner, but will allow a free style format too.

The last currently planned feature is the Storefront. Utilizing the crafting calculator above and the skill planner it will allow players or guilds to create a storefront that can display items available for sale in game or allow players to place orders for items directly. (This is all for in-game, this is not any sort of RMT tool) 

Additionally we'll be adding and updating user and help guides explaining various aspects of Crowfall as they're completed.

General performance tweaks, layout adjustments, flashy bits, etc... will be added as we go. We started lite for maximum performance and accessibility while we experiment with more complex tools. The site should work fairly well in most browsers, including mobile, at the moment. If you spot any glaring issues you can send an email to the support email listed below.

Can I help?

If you're interested and you think you have a skill set that can help drop an email to support@crowfallrookery.com and we'll be in touch.

Edited by Duffy

xqqtx8P.png

Tonight's update fixed a few data whoopsies and added the Maximum Required Resource summary to all recipes. After some debate I think we're going to expand the Required Resources to be a bit more involved to cover the fact that you'll not only need that much of a particular resource type (or specific resource) but you'll need to break it up into chunks of particular sizes. But I wanted to get the quick version out there as it's still a useful high level view of what you'll need to gather.

Edited by Duffy

xqqtx8P.png

Awesome.

I would just like to make a few suggestions:

• Is it possible to give us more detailed info on the recipes? Not just the required resources. I would like to know how a basic helmet compares to a leather helmet. Things like durability, mitigations, etc.
  • Try to group the resources into required and optionals. It is easier to understand.

You got those images for the resources from the Press kit?

First thanks!

As for the recipe details we're working on cataloging all the recipe 'outputs' next which will provide the baseline for that sort of information and for the optional components it will provide the information for the next major feature. The goal is that you'll eventually be able to slot in all the optional components (plus quality and experimentation points) and see the final stats for an item before you even start gathering or shopping. Right now we're planning to cover base items (no optional components) ASAP to get that basic info in there. Look for things like Metal Bar, Metal Sheets, Stitched Leather outputs to appear over the next couple days and the base item stats to start appearing over the next week or so. Since the latter requires a bunch of in-game activity that will be at the whims of the servers being up and our schedules not conflicting with that, I'm not sure how long it will take.

For the resources that's a good point. Once I made the query and looked at the results I wasn't that happy with what it was conveying, but expanding it is non-trivial so I slapped the baseline in there for now. We're going to add a section to the recipe page that shows the resource breakdowns per component and shows you what the breakdown amounts are. So for example instead of  just saying 20 Ore summarized it will say you need 10 Ore per this type of component that you need two of, but each one takes that ore in two 5 Ore chunks. We ended up going over the layout of that page most of last night.

The recipe component icon layout may look a bit odd at the moment, but it's actually mimicking the crafting screen layout. We just have to put in the buffer space, but to do that we need to standardize the icon sizing a bit better. Goal is to look just like the game screen's layout so it's obvious and easy to reference.

Overall daily to weekly iterations will be fairly common.

The recipe related images were all created by cutting up screenshots from the game.

Edited by Duffy

xqqtx8P.png

The "Maximum Required Resources" information is really useful. Especially for weapons or anything that has a lot of sub components. I've definitely felt like a huge dummy realizing 3/4 of the way through crafting a weapon that I didn't have enough mats. 

Very true, the high level max summary will stay, we'll just expand on the idea to provide a little bit finer grained information without having to dig through all the component recipes. Due to the way the recursive query works we have all the data, we're just summarizing it right now so if we can come up with a nice clean way to display it we can hopefully clarify some of the numbers.

Edited by Duffy

xqqtx8P.png

Minor update: tweaked the menu to actually work so it's visible now. Nothing special accessible by it yet, but figured I'd add it while I'm setting up the next tool's page's layout. Also fixed a few more transcription errors and lack of cross references resolving properly for a few items due to naming oddities. The issue with harvesting tool Sigils and Runestones not finding related recipes has been reported and will take some data model changes to resolve, will fix it in the next few days.

xqqtx8P.png