Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Crow Circle - Official discussion thread

Pann

Are you guys planning on offering some of the Crow Circle perks to video creators as well. I was planning on forgoing streaming to focus on making Crowfall videos instead. (I'll probably still stream some).

I'd still really like to have access to these perks because I think they could greatly help in making better videos and collaborating with other people:

• Access to an exclusive forum section and Discord channel
  • Bi-weekly live chats in Discord with the Community and Production team

Ummmm

• Channel must have a minimum of 250 followers/ subscribers

This will disqualify a good majority of the streaming community to my knowledge.  Most active crowfall streamers avg between 25-100 followers/subs.

That said Will non-stream creators get any perks? Cause... at the risk of ruffling some feathers...  It is more involved then streaming.And I imagine it gets a few more hits.

Even though this has been a quiet month for my channel. I've gotten 5,260 views on my crowfall content and have a total watch time of 8,725 minutes. Again both of those are very much below avg as my content has been a bit quiet due to class bugs.   And Im a very small channel to my knowledge.  only 34 subs i think. 

Edited by SirGeorge

7 minutes ago, Duffy said:

The icon assets will be a big help (cutting up screenshots gets rather tedious).

I don't suppose you guys would be interested in releasing most of the game's icons for fair use tools?

Also if you could. Include a few mug shots of the ACE crew it would help.  Especially if you did some poses.

By the way im actually not joking.  I do create the occasional meme content, and whenever I need to blair pic I gotta screen shot + edit it from a live stream event. 

8 minutes ago, Duffy said:

The icon assets will be a big help (cutting up screenshots gets rather tedious).

I don't suppose you guys would be interested in releasing most of the game's icons for fair use tools?

PLEASE!

You guys have no idea how awesome it would be if you just released transparent PNG images of all the icons, models, or whatever you have. If you guys have to put in a ton of work to get that done then don't worry about it. However if you just have the files laying around....<_<

They added power and discipline icons to this media kit, last night my team working on Malekai Project verified they are in there. The only downside is they aren't exactly named in a way you'd like (the names don't match powers). I assume a good number of things will be missing, but its a great start.

I'd also like to second the community content creators (non-streaming) getting access to this Discord channel/server as soon as possible. Tons of things we see/find/discover that might be easier to communicate one way or the other with this type of communication made available. I realize the intent of this is to coordinate streams but as you mentioned there are other angles of communicating.

I like the concept behind this, but I fail to see lots of current streamers meeting these requirements. I understand this is to prevent people from starting a Crowfall stream tonight to "meet" easier reqs, just to gain perks. I'll be curious to see what kind of traction you can get with this though.

3 minutes ago, scree said:

They added power and discipline icons to this media kit, last night my team working on Malekai Project verified they are in there. The only downside is they aren't exactly named in a way you'd like (the names don't match powers). I assume a good number of things will be missing, but its a great start.

I'd also like to second the community content creators (non-streaming) getting access to this Discord channel/server as soon as possible. Tons of things we see/find/discover that might be easier to communicate one way or the other with this type of communication made available. I realize the intent of this is to coordinate streams but as you mentioned there are other angles of communicating.

I like the concept behind this, but I fail to see lots of current streamers meeting these requirements. I understand this is to prevent people from starting a Crowfall stream tonight to "meet" easier reqs, just to gain perks. I'll be curious to see what kind of traction you can get with this though.

Think duffy is refering to the other in game icons.

At least That's what I want.  Skill training node Icons / Chicken meter  that kind of stuff. 

Currently I spend more time cutting up screenshots and transcribing data than I do coding, so whatever they are willing to provide from races, classes, powers, skill training, recipes, resources, gear, etc... I'm sure we'll find uses for. (Within reason of course, I know they're very busy)

xqqtx8P.png

The Crow Circle as described is merely the first step. a sort of "velvet rope" approach. The reason for restricting it like this for now is to keep things small and manageable until we find our groove. And by "we", I mean me mostly and it's important that I make good on my promises, so I want to be careful not to promise things I can't deliver. Your comments in this thread will help me drill down to the things that matter the most to you, then I can start plotting a chart to get us there. This includes adding non-streamer video makers and lowering the audience size requirements (e.g. if there are only three people who meet the current requirements, I'll adjust them fairly quickly). 

Regarding icons, I'll tell you straight-up that whatever icons are in the press kit now are thanks to Scree's tenacity. He has contacted me at regular intervals to ask for them. (Kind of reminded me of Andy asking for library stuff in "Shawshank". :lol:) It finally worked out that Billy was able to take the time to gather up some of them and get them into a transferable state for us. Jackal, our latest addition to the team, named the files in a more user-friendly way, but being new may not have understood what he was seeing as well as you guys know that material. If any of you want to take the time and effort to send a list of what the names are and what they should be, I'll ask Jack to make those changes. Meanwhile, I'll see what I can do about getting transparent versions. (It all comes down to Billy's and Lars' workloads.) 

Our future plan ("our" in this case includes our EU publishing partner Travian) is to put together a fan/web kit that is specifically geared toward providing the assets that our community members need and want, which are generally very different from what a member of the press would want. As we get closer to the point where we are actively working on it, I'll definitely seek out your input for what you'd like to see included in it. 

This is a good time to point out that when we say we value your feedback, we mean it. The Crow Circle is a direct result of seeing that we need to do more to help everyone who's working so hard to create content for the community (but to do it in a non-invasive way).

The same can be said of the new "Crowfall Q&A Live!" series that we started this week. Reading the comments during and after the "Pre-Alpha 5 Live!" stream showed that we need to make some adjustments in future episodes of that series. Here's the plan I came up with: 

• ACE Q&A monthly videos: The purpose of these is to take the most prominent questions from the ACE Development Partners forum and present those in the video. There are no restrictions on topics; members of that forum can ask about anything they choose and we answer what we can. Since the monthly Q&A was a pledge reward, we will continue to participate in that forum and make these videos because we must honor our promises. 
  • Pre-Alpha 5 Live!: These will be streamed on the second Tuesday of every month. We know now that it's better to hit the "big ticket" items in the patch notes rather than trying to cover everything from top to bottom. The purpose of this series is to explain the "what's" and "why's" of changes to the game. That means that any Q&A segment of those streams will be limited to topics directly related to the items mentioned in the patch notes. 
  • Crowfall Q&A Live!: These are a little less structured, but we feel like limiting it to one to three topics really helped to keep the stream from going all over the place. From the comments I've seen so far, it looks like the majority of participants felt like it was worthwhile. You can help me make sure that future episodes continue to be valuable to you by letting me know what topics you'd like us to cover. (Based on a conversation with Srathor yesterday, I've already asked that we cover "Gathering and Crafting" in July or August; can't promise anything yet, but I'm hopeful.) 

This post is longer than I intended it to be, so I'm going to stop here. I'll check in later to see if there's more stuff I need to address. 

A set of pre-key footages of character movements/actions, maybe even some seperate pre-key effects might be nice for video makers.

@Pann

Thanks for the info, that sounds wonderful and I look forward to it.

Not sure if it helps reduce the effort for you guys or if it would be a problem for whatever reasons I'm unaware of, but from my point of view (and I'm sure some others) a literal dump of vectors as is would cover most fan uses at the moment. I'm perfectly fine with some layer assembly and resizing; those are things we'd have to do anyways. While naming and sorting is nice it's probably time consuming and nit picky work. It's ultimately not that big a deal as we'll have to edit/resize items anyways and can take the few seconds to rename things as needed.

Again, if it was more convenient, totally get how low a priority this sort of thing is for you guys.

Edited by Duffy

xqqtx8P.png

46 minutes ago, Pann said:

I'll see what I can do about getting transparent versions. (It all comes down to Billy's and Lars' workloads.) 

The icons in the press kit already have transparent backgrounds. All is good!

2 hours ago, Pann said:

Regarding icons, I'll tell you straight-up that whatever icons are in the press kit now are thanks to Scree's tenacity. He has contacted me at regular intervals to ask for them. (Kind of reminded me of Andy asking for library stuff in "Shawshank". :lol:) It finally worked out that Billy was able to take the time to gather up some of them and get them into a transferable state for us. Jackal, our latest addition to the team, named the files in a more user-friendly way, but being new may not have understood what he was seeing as well as you guys know that material. If any of you want to take the time and effort to send a list of what the names are and what they should be, I'll ask Jack to make those changes. Meanwhile, I'll see what I can do about getting transparent versions. (It all comes down to Billy's and Lars' workloads.) 

We'll have these off-named images corrected sometime either today or tomorrow, I wouldn't have anyone bother (internally) with that task at this point. We'll re-release it on GitHub for people to grab the renamed/structured images so save yourself some work there.

Most of these were transparent already, should be fine as I see it. Nothing a little Photoshop can't handle. I think Vectors are overkill for the community, to be honest, pngs should be fine like you guys provided.

I was assuming they were already laying around in vector format for their uses. If so allowing us to deal with resizing and converting to other types would save them some effort and give us superior output for minimal effort. If their default in some other format I'm uselessly rambling; but I'll take whatever I can get, whatever is the most convenient for them that gives us value would be awesome.

Edited by Duffy

xqqtx8P.png

Well I mean...if the vectors are just laying around then absolutely! :D

The transparent PNGs are pretty good and I don't want them to have to jump through too many time consuming hoops.