Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eeliigaa

Ban from EK = return items to Spirit Bank

2 minutes ago, goose said:

I should clarify. I don't think the possibility that maybe someone might go through all the trouble of using this system to grief noobs when there is no material benefit for them is a justification to spend an ounce of developer resources - even thought, let alone code - resolving the "problem." You know what's worse for testing? People being trolls. But the devs aren't trying to code for that - they're just expecting us not to be trolls because the only people who suffer if we turn the testing modules into a free for all troll-a-palooza is...uh, us. So compared to the very existence of people like OP, I disagree fundamentally that this is "bad for testing."

As for "stop posting in it..." MAKE ME, LIVING INCARNATION OF ALL HUMAN SUFFERING.

Alternatively, "NO U."

Edit: also, if you are offended by any part of this, my bad. I legitimately thought this thread was a joke, and I'm still not sure it isn't.

I am not offended. And I am in no way a fan of the OP.

But i try and be consistent in my feedback and I see this observation - under the current mechanics and ruleset - as clearly valid.

Doesn't mean it should be a priority nor even addressed by the devs. It does mean shouting it down is unproductive.

Just now, coolwaters said:

I am not offended. And I am in no way a fan of the OP.

Fair enough. Just wanted to make sure, because your response put me slightly off-balance.

1 minute ago, coolwaters said:

But i try and be consistent in my feedback and I see this observation - under the current mechanics and ruleset - as clearly valid.

Doesn't mean it should be a priority nor even addressed by the devs. It does mean shouting it down is unproductive.

This part I got. I just disagree, hence my clarification in the second post. My first post was more aimed at the future ramifications, while in the next post I tried to focus more on why I don't think it's a problem right now. So..that's fine and fair and I disagree with the parts in bold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

16 minutes ago, goose said:

I disagree that this is worth the thread.

I also disagree that it would be easy, or even possible, to use the current EK ban mechanics to grief others.

First off, no spirit bank at live.

Second off, if the only materials you can harvest in an EK are gray basics, there is absolutely nothing you can get from an EK that you can't get from your own private EK from which you can never be banned, except for

Third off, things you bought from a merchant NPC set up in someone else's EK, and as far as I'm concerned, if you logged into someone else's world to use their merchant NPCs and got banned before you could get from there to the bank, that gear should be returned to the vendor, not to you. I don't care how unfair it seems - you disgruntled off the owner of the world that NPC is in badly enough for them to ban you. Their world, their rules. Don't like it? I...don't care.

Seriously, though, this seems like such a ridiculous non-issue that I don't understand why anyone feels this is a discussion worth having. I feel dirty for spending nearly two minutes formulating and typing this thought. Shame on you for making me do that. I blame you, @coolwaters. You and only you.

The complaint, probably not worth the thread. The sub issues it raised of using EK access and management control to grief and defraud players, yea that's a conversation worth having.

That's exactly why I would like to be able to see who I'm inviting into my EK, as in who else has banned them, before letting them in.  Also a watch list that players could assign to EK's that let people know who has self banned from an EK they had problems with would be nice.

If I could /ekavoid "player_name", and then /ekshowavoid | /ekshowbanned "player_name" to see who avoids an EK, I could avoid getting trapped or ripped off by some fraudster who punts players as soon as they dropped goods in a trade chest or whatever.

When everyone has their own EK, and there are literally 10's of thousands of players, being able to identify the problem players/worlds is going to be important.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I'm going to do many of you and myself a favor and close this thread. It didn't start off well to begin with, derailed several times and enticed some actionable comments. You don't have to agree with each other, but you do have to be civil on these forums and follow the rules. 

In parting, I'll also remind everyone that the Spirit Banks you know now will not always be this way. More on those changes will be revealed in future updates. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

The complaint, probably not worth the thread. The sub issues it raised of using EK access and management control to grief and defraud players, yea that's a conversation worth having.

That's exactly why I would like to be able to see who I'm inviting into my EK, as in who else has banned them, before letting them in.  Also a watch list that players could assign to EK's that let people know who has self banned from an EK they had problems with would be nice.

If I could /ekavoid "player_name", and then /ekshowavoid "player_name" to see who avoids an EK, I could avoid getting trapped or ripped off by some fraudster who punts players as soon as they dropped goods in a trade chest or whatever.

When everyone has their own EK, and there are literally 10's of thousands of players, being able to identify the problem players/worlds is going to be important.

Hrm. Maybe. But honestly, to me this smacks a bit too strongly of a manufactured problem. Trying to solve a hypothetical issue that can and should be avoided by moderate application of common sense. And in the Suggestion Box, I personally prefer to see suggestions that will somehow improve the game, rather than potentially resolve hypothetical future problems some of the time. Maybe that's just my biases shining through.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.