Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Simple questions...complex answers

24 minutes ago, Thergood said:

How will a player focused on PvP and not interested in crafting - using all of their skill points for combat skills, etc. - be able to obtain/buy/trade/barter for the best gear and disciplines, etc?

Protection money. Run down a caravan that isn't protected and offer your services, or else.

44 minutes ago, Thergood said:

How will a player focused on PvP and not interested in crafting - using all of their skill points for combat skills, etc. - be able to obtain/buy/trade/barter for the best gear and disciplines, etc?

RG0BS1U.gif

Via harvesting, robbing, and campaign rewards?

Also, most will have at least 2 accounts. 

Edited by QuasiDoc

Just now, QuasiDoc said:

Via harvesting, robbing, and campaign rewards?

It looks like harvesting, on any kind of meaningful level, is going to require skill point and/or disc investments, not too mention high level crafted harvesting tools. So I don't know if that's the best option.

Killing/looting and protection money are definitely fun options. Although I don't know how reliable/feasible it would be. Depends a lot on campaign rule set, length, objectives, etc. But a good option for sure.

I'm sure this was addressed somewhere, but will their be campaign rewards above and beyond just what you were able to collect and export throughout the campaign?

One other thought on campaign rewards is that if your playing the dregs campaigns, or campaigns with no/limited import then rewards given at the end of that campaign might not be too helpful.

Lf6MJUL.png

Thergood - Prospect

2 minutes ago, Thergood said:

It looks like harvesting, on any kind of meaningful level, is going to require skill point and/or disc investments, not too mention high level crafted harvesting tools. So I don't know if that's the best option.

Killing/looting and protection money are definitely fun options. Although I don't know how reliable/feasible it would be. Depends a lot on campaign rule set, length, objectives, etc. But a good option for sure.

I'm sure this was addressed somewhere, but will their be campaign rewards above and beyond just what you were able to collect and export throughout the campaign?

One other thought on campaign rewards is that if your playing the dregs campaigns, or campaigns with no/limited import then rewards given at the end of that campaign might not be too helpful.

As a campaign progresses closer the abyss there will be more and more monsters to kill. Basically we need a jungler type profession that focuses on keeping these monsters down. The Environment will become more and more of a threat. It would make sense that these monsters would also drop valuables. Prehaps a money system is on the horizon.

23 minutes ago, QuasiDoc said:

Also, most will have at least 2 accounts. 

I think that is kind of the underlying thing in this conversation. Are there any better options then rolling a second account to use as a crafter/harvestor? If not, I think that kind of sucks. It's one thing to roll another character (in games where that's a thing,) but rolling a second account to support gameplay? Doesn't seem to be the greatest design choice.

The notion that to PvP and have the best potential in PvP you have to roll a second account to play the economy just doesn't make a lot of sense. Especially in a PvP focused game. I don't know. Maybe it'll work out differently or won't be such a big deal.

Edited by Thergood
Spelling

Lf6MJUL.png

Thergood - Prospect

4 minutes ago, Impossum said:

As a campaign progresses closer the abyss there will be more and more monsters to kill. Basically we need a jungler type profession that focuses on keeping these monsters down. The Environment will become more and more of a threat. It would make sense that these monsters would also drop valuables. Prehaps a money system is on the horizon.

Interesting. Yea, I'm definitely curious about the currency system.

Lf6MJUL.png

Thergood - Prospect

Hey Thergood! And welcome to the forums!

As some other posters have pointed out, there's a few options. One would be to roll an additional account to take care of any personal crafting needs, another would be to pillage caravans, hunt harvesters, or control a POI. Harvesters and caravans will likely be guarded and needing defenders, so there's an option there as well, to perhaps be paid in materials. 

We'll see this dynamic soon in playtesting (hopefully)!

And nice to play with you last night. 

Of the Hawk People

1 minute ago, Thergood said:

I think that is kind of the underlying thing in this conversation. Are there any better options then rolling a second account to use as a crafter/harvestor? If not, I think that kind of sucks. It's one thing to roll another character (in games where that's a thing,) but rolling a second account to support gameplay? Doesn't seem to be the greatest design choice.

The notion that to PvP and have the best potential in PvP you have to roll a second account to play the economy just doesn't make a lot of sense. Especially is a PvP focused game. I don't know. Maybe it'll work out differently or won't be such a big deal.

This is more of a suggestion. Artcraft has basically said there is really nothing they can do prevent players from utilizing more than one account. Artcraft just needs to incentivize single accounts in way that would make it more difficult for a multi account user. Basically making it so crafters have to go into the world for one reason or another would probably solve this issue. Certain items could be bind on pick, dust to fuel thralls or perhaps thralls themselves could be bind on pick up. Requiring your services yet again, for you and your merry band of harvesters crafters to collect the souls of dead to start a war machine.

2 minutes ago, Nivhawk said:

Hey Thergood! And welcome to the forums!

As some other posters have pointed out, there's a few options. One would be to roll an additional account to take care of any personal crafting needs, another would be to pillage caravans, hunt harvesters, or control a POI. Harvesters and caravans will likely be guarded and needing defenders, so there's an option there as well, to perhaps be paid in materials. 

We'll see this dynamic soon in playtesting (hopefully)!

And nice to play with you last night. 

Thanks for the welcome. Good times last night. I can't wait to see how all this plays out in game.

Lf6MJUL.png

Thergood - Prospect

2 minutes ago, Impossum said:

This is more of a suggestion. Artcraft has basically said there is really nothing they can do prevent players from utilizing more than one account. Artcraft just needs to incentivize single accounts in way that would make it more difficult for a multi account user. Basically making it so crafters have to go into the world for one reason or another would probably solve this issue. Certain items could be bind on pick, dust to fuel thralls or perhaps thralls themselves could be bind on pick up. Requiring your services yet again, for you and your merry band of harvesters crafters to collect the souls of dead to start a war machine.

It would definitely be nice to see some kind of incentive there. Although, I don't really have much problem with people rolling multiple accounts. If people want to try different skill setups or whatever. That's all fine with me. The part I'm not so hot on is when it is the best option available to be competitive. Just hoping it doesn't work out that way.

Lf6MJUL.png

Thergood - Prospect

Just now, Thergood said:

It would definitely be nice to see some kind of incentive there. Although, I don't really have much problem with people rolling multiple accounts. If people want to try different skill setups or whatever. That's all fine with me. The part I'm not so hot on is when it is the best option available to be competitive. Just hoping it doesn't work out that way.

I feel the same. If someone wants to run an eternal kingdom with just their accounts, hey more power to them. Just don't drag me into that!

Being in a organized, cooperative guild with some kind of contribution based merit system would be a way to get gear as well. Meaning you participate in guild events, back up and protect your harvesters and crafters and in turn you'll be supplied gear.

1 minute ago, pang said:

Being in a organized, cooperative guild with some kind of contribution based merit system would be a way to get gear as well. Meaning you participate in guild events, back up and protect your harvesters and crafters and in turn you'll be supplied gear.

Would love to be a part of a guild like this for sure.

Lf6MJUL.png

Thergood - Prospect

2 hours ago, blazzen said:

Kill harvesters for materials and give the materials to crafters to get stuff made. 

That's adorable. And very short-sighted. I'm here to tell you that you're wrong. PvPers will get money from sharing the profit that a harvester gets when they protect that harvester from idiots like you.

1 hour ago, Impossum said:

BIND ON PICK UP?!?!?! NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.