Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yumx

The Caldera Colosseum Video Thread!

So we did the Caldera colosseum, was a lot of 20-25+ vs 20-25+ group fights against eachother and it was a lot of fun!
If you have any footage from the event please post them in here, thank you!

This is my contribution:
The entire event: VoD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154165696
Youtube link: 

Initial turnout on discord:
yQFTSoz.png?width=507&height=669

The wall of death in the end:
https://clips.twitch.tv/SuspiciousWimpyLarkYouDontSay

Thanks to all participating it was a blast!

Edited by Yumx

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

I was pretty bad about recording all of it, I still forget quite a lot. I managed to get three of the zerg fights and then most of one of the fights where channels were broken up.

Here's the first split channel fight from my POV iirc.
Also 0:29 in the distance, Horse and Champ...that's what I call a knock up!

In the first fight my group got split from the main force and I ate damage and death. Root is REALLY powerful
Other PoVs such as YumX's cover  what happened after I died.
I would still like to think my death had purpose.
The second fight I was more careful and made adjustments.

The third zerg fight is here! The same Plant Templar PoV. Totally covering and saving our shot callers ass!

Other are uploading and will be there in time

Edited by Scorn

ScornofLife2.jpg

First i want to say congrats on a successful event. I did not show today, but think things like this are good for the EU community and game in general... However,

I do think its a bit of misrepresentation of the game and i wouldn't want people coming in to the game thinking what they saw was how things are done. 

- First, CF is not some sort of "lets get organized for 5v5. 10v10 ect. " At any given time you may see a 5v5 and have the third faction come in and wipe both of them. You may see 2 factions working together to wipe another - This is not esports. This is a open-world pvp game where your life and loot belong to another if they are deserving of it! 

I felt the above needed to be stated because i cannot count the number of players who come in game and are freaked out as to why they got killed - "why did you kill me, i was just farming?" Those new players need to do a better job at researching games, but it's also our job to properly educate them! 

Lastly, and i know this will have opposing views from the superior team, but teams put together were VERY one-sided. Caldera's team had all well known players - Most of them are players that are well geared and well skilled as they have been working in their groups for a very long time. We took a look at the Chaos team and Caldera team before mentioning it (Watch the vid, you'll see Ginko come in and look) and found that only about 5 players from the Chaos team had any sort of past experience "known players" that were capable of handling the situation - A VERY one-sided event! That one-sided faction however is also very possible, so take it all with a grain of salt. 

What you guys did do well was showcase large scale pvp and the mostly fair-play of our community. I hope to see more of these events, but expressed in a way (even if verbally) that is more accurate to how our day to day combat is played out.  

24 minutes ago, elvo said:

i hope ACE devs payed close attention and took notes for future tuning as well as some bugs (notably spirit bank not working for alot of people), thanks for opening a server for the event, was super helpful!

Agreed - But then spirit banks wont be a thing in the future, so that would be a none issue. I also think its predicted that once we get closer to launch, we will all have better servers to play on - The current servers are just cheap servers for testing purposes was the impression i had. 

Just now, QuasiDoc said:

Lastly, and i know this will have opposing views from the superior team, but teams put together were VERY one-sided. Caldera's team had all well known players - Most of them are players that are well geared and well skilled as they have been working in their groups for a very long time. We took a look at the Chaos team and Caldera team before mentioning it (Watch the vid, you'll see Ginko come in and look) and found that only about 5 players from the Chaos team had any sort of past experience "known players" that were capable of handling the situation - A VERY one-sided event! That one-sided faction however is also very possible, so take it all with a grain of salt. 

Let me just point out that the team assignments were handled in a very fair way.

They marched down a list of players in alphabetical order and assigned

• one to order
  • one to chaos
  • one to order
  • one to chaos

If this produced unfair teams then the blame goes to player name choice.

It did feel like Chaos lost a few more players after the first couple fights, however, new recruits got steered towards Chaos and this evened things back out...

Given the informal nature of the event, I think that the organizers made good choice...

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

5 minutes ago, narsille said:

Let me just point out that the team assignments were handled in a very fair way.

They marched down a list of players in alphabetical order and assigned

• one to order
  • one to chaos
  • one to order
  • one to chaos

If this produced unfair teams then the blame goes to player name choice.

It did feel like Chaos lost a few more players after the first couple fights, however, new recruits got steered towards Chaos and this evened things back out...

Given the informal nature of the event, I think that the organizers made good choice...

And that's all good, but again, you guys did have like 15 very organized players - I guess you should all go play the lotto tonight with those odds. :)

It is not my intent to take away from the success of the event - It was great to watch and i hope to see more. Perhaps more thought could go in to making it more even next time.  

Edited by QuasiDoc

16 minutes ago, QuasiDoc said:

And that's all good, but again, you guys did have like 15 very organized players - I guess you should all go play the lotto tonight with those odds. :)

I was playing on Chaos

On occasion you get unlucky with a random draw.  I'm not too worked up about it.

From my perspective, the change that I would have liked to see would be to use a pair of large guilds to be the nucleus of the two teams, then use the host (Caldera) to even out the sides...

Edited by narsille

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

40 minutes ago, QuasiDoc said:

Agreed - But then spirit banks wont be a thing in the future, so that would be a none issue. I also think its predicted that once we get closer to launch, we will all have better servers to play on - The current servers are just cheap servers for testing purposes was the impression i had. 

fair enough but this might affect other things as well, so its worth looking into it imo

6XZoThV.jpg

1 hour ago, elvo said:

i hope ACE devs payed close attention and took notes for future tuning as well as some bugs (notably spirit bank not working for alot of people), thanks for opening a server for the event, was super helpful!

actually this is... or at least was a known bug.

What happens is that each server gets its own little slice of the server to handle the spirit bank.

That said it is very easy to overload that little slice of the server when people in mass do tons of deposits or withdrawl.  Im not 100% sure on the exact number. But I believe 70-80 items is when the server slice starts to struggle.   Where there was 50+ peopl all withdrawing weapons / armors / ore / food/ etc all at once. I could  easily see the server slice being overloaded.

That said when they swap over to the 24/7 servers (or the good ones :P ) The server slice should be able to handle a limit of 150-200 items before it starts to struggle. 

As far as the teams go, numbers wise I believe they started out balanced, but that changed. I believe Chaos won 2 of the 6 that were had? Once the imbalance was noted, Chaos received an influx of players which helped. The random team generation though did leave a few more veteran names on one side than the other it seemed to me, which is/was unfortunate. However I would like to think everyone involved had a good time and the server held up admirably. Performance was stable for me throughout the evening, albeit with some FPS drops.

It was a good event, good to get people together and show some larger fights than the current active guild groups manage to get together. It also allowed for many unaffiliated people to get into group combat and see a whole new side of the game.

I look forward to seeing how the game keeps growing and wouldn't mind more of these events, if people are interest could certainly get more!

Also, watching various footage there's a clear divide between those who understand more aspects of the game and class mechanics than others. Perhaps a training camp would be in order.

#Combat 101

Edited by Scorn

ScornofLife2.jpg

10 minutes ago, Scorn said:

However I would like to think everyone involved had a good time and the server held up admirably. Performance was stable for me throughout the evening, albeit with some FPS drops.

I'm jealous of your performance! For me it was literally unplayable for a good 3/4 of it. FPS drops to 10 were not uncommon and msg spikes to 500. It surprised me too, because usually my fps sits at a comfortable 35-40 min during those GvGs we have on NA with 20-30 players on screen. 

With that said, I really appreciated CAL putting together this event! Thanks a lot guys! I can't wait to see more videos of it from different POVs ^^