Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ZYBAK

[Commentary] 25 vs. 25 Large Scale PvP! Confessor Bard Gameplay ft. Sugoi, Caldera, and Winterblades

The Caldera event was pretty fun and played a lot better than I was expecting. In this video I'm playing a full Bard Confessor with a Focus Orb. The main thing I was focusing on was keeping my song buffs up and looking for big Novas and knockdowns.

If you see me standing still doing nothing that is due to a cast bar bug with the Bard where it disappears. If it looks like I'm doing nothing I'm likely channeling a song and the cast bar disappeared.

I think it is a bit of an incorrect analysis to downplay the knight C.  It has its place, and also to casually downplay the Iframe is a bit silly, Iframes will be a pretty significant thing when better groups start playing the game, since they are the same type of players that could have instantly punished you for dashing in in the first place.  People can look to gladiator wow arena or high mmr moba play to see the pros and cons of tanky pbaoe cc vs dashing in as a more squishy class .  It's also a bit inaccurate to call it a class defining ability.  We are given the ability to swap out abilities and they will include more C abilities to be swapped out later on.  I don't know any good knights that build their entire tactic around C.  It's just another tool in their toolbox that is great when used in the proper situation.

Oh well this video is what it is, commentary about group combat in pre-alpha team deathmatch

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

nice video, sadly the frame rate is on 15-25 fps in this fights with only 50 people and some rubberbanding issues are there too. I am a little concerned about the performence of the game in medium and larger fights or sieges with castle walls and siege engines, i really have some doubts that they can handle this like they imagined ( yes, i know it's pre-alpha but i don't see enough progress in terms of fps/rubberbanding optimisation ). I hope they can tune the performence a lot or this game will have a problematic future.... 

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

18 minutes ago, Kreigon said:

nice video, sadly the frame rate is on 15-25 fps in this fights with only 50 people and some rubberbanding issues are there too. I am a little concerned about the performence of the game in medium and larger fights or sieges with castle walls and siege engines, i really have some doubts that they can handle this like they imagined ( yes, i know it's pre-alpha but i don't see enough progress in terms of fps/rubberbanding optimisation ). I hope they can tune the performence a lot or this game will have a problematic future.... 

I don't think they are trying to make progress on any optimization right now... it is more about adding the race/class combo and getting CW1 going. Also this was on a EU server while the guy is in NA so that certainly didnt help. I do agree it is very rubberbandy for the time being so that certainly needs to get fixed before a big chunk of people start playing.

8 hours ago, supportdaddy said:

I don't think they are trying to make progress on any optimization right now... it is more about adding the race/class combo and getting CW1 going. Also this was on a EU server while the guy is in NA so that certainly didnt help. I do agree it is very rubberbandy for the time being so that certainly needs to get fixed before a big chunk of people start playing.

yes the rubberbanding is a serious issue here

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

Great video. Commentary was interesting to give context to the big event.  Working my way through a backlog of all these videos!

Not sure I agree with you that pvp is going to mostly be 5v5.  I hope Crowfall delivers on the larger scale... but still learning how it all works.

Edited by ViperMDF

2 hours ago, ViperMDF said:

Great video. Commentary was interesting to give context to the big event.  Working my way through a backlog of all these videos!

Not sure I agree with you that pvp is going to mostly be 5v5.  I hope Crowfall delivers on the larger scale... but still learning how it all works.

1 hour ago, Mr.Kurtz said:

@ViperMDF Group size will most likely cap out at 5.  Dev's have stated that they believe if they increase beyond 5 the importance and weight of discipline selection will decline.

That is why 5 is referenced.

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

On 7/20/2017 at 4:22 AM, Mr.Kurtz said:

@ViperMDF Group size will most likely cap out at 5.  Dev's have stated that they believe if they increase beyond 5 the importance and weight of discipline selection will decline.

That is why 5 is referenced.

I was referencing Zybak's comments around 6:45 that the majority of the pvp will be 5v5 rather than larger guild vs guild scale stuff.