Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

The First Campaign - Official discussion thread

On 30/6/2017 at 3:51 AM, BarriaKarl said:

I think the key point is that balance shouldnt control keeps. The Devs should give them one un-segiable keep to serve as base and leave it at that.

In your example the scenario of balance winning would be chaos and order with 5 keeps each (or 6-4). To win one side need to control 7 of the ten. This way balance would only ally with the loser side if it control 3 or less castles. Most of the time it would be a 1v1v1 and balance also cant help one side until they have the same score just when they are losing real bad.

It really depends on how many keeps are in a campaign. If there are an even number of keeps (6 or 8) then its disadvantageous for Balance to hold a keep as that itself unbalances the world unless they hold a second. If they cant then they become more a bandit force than anything, just nipping at the heels of siege-ing forces but also having no homestead or base (as a un-siegeable keep flies more in the face of this games design than the alternative).

If its an uneven number (say 7 keeps), then Balance definitely need to be able to hold keeps as its the main way they will win (3 v 1 v 3), this makes them more deniers than conquerors (slightly more in keeping with their ideology than petty banditry). You can argue it means they have an easier time as they can turtle down in their keep vs the mad rush to capture another keep while defending 2 or 3 others Order/Chaos will face but thats Balances job: being the monkey in the wrench, the fly in the ointment! Biggest problem is how holding territory for long periods of time benefits a faction: if Balance can hold a keep for ages they will probably be on top for the longest, and defending one keep vs 3 or 4 is much easier, and in turn leads to a higher recruitment as its seen as "easy mode" (run out, cap a keep and hold till campaign ends....profit!!) Possibly have whatever bonus "winning" during a campaign grants be lesser for Balance than for Order/Chaos or have it take more time to accrue up.

But this only works if the auto-teaming is dropped, its a bad idea! Any alliances between Balance + Order/Chaos should be a marriage of convenience rather than a set rule. If Chaos has 6 keeps and Order 4, Balance wants Order to grab another keep to make it 5 vs 5 but thats all! This is a game fueled by greed, not rules. Once Order caps it would become a free for all anyways as the enforced teamups vanish.....or even better if Balance starts assassinating key Order and Chaos players just as the keep is won to blunt any advances or counter-pushes straight afterwards.

I think Balance's win conditions should be scaled proportionally to the amount of active members it has relative to the other factions. The more members the more precise equality is required for Balance to win, the less members the higher margin of error for equality permissible. It makes it less of an attractive faction for assuring a win, and it might not be a bad idea to cap the amount of people that can join Balance relative to the others. I mean.. there shouldn't be 3x the amount of Balance to Chaos and Order put together. It's too unfair?

Also, while Balance is an equalizer, even if Chaos had something dramatic like 80% dominion compared to Order and Balance would make sure to take care of 30% of Chaos's Dominion, Order won't somehow beat BOTH Chaos and Balance in the attempt to unbalance unless it somehow requires Balance people to be very attentive to have perfect/near perfect Balance or it relies on chance to a degree.

Has there been any news on whether this is occurring tomorrow? 

Will there be a spirit bank wipe in either environment (testing, stable)?

Have the location of new servers been announced? West seems to be most viable for most people, as it is playable for Aus/SE Asia/EU/US-E and US-W. East is unplayable for Aus/SE Asia, which means we can't play with friends. 

Edited by Orleans

Free Ginko.

This was very exciting news on June 27th. The Hype Machine was in overdrive! The weekend following this news...came and went. The 2nd weekend following this news...is about to come and go. Now...I understand unanticipated delays...that's not the issue. However, some additional guidance in this would regard would be greatly appreciated. Of particular interest is the reference to "For this campaign, we’ve set the import and export counters to 10/10. Once you’ve used up your allotment, you’re done. So, pick your imports wisely..." 

This appears to indicate that we will be able to import 10 items (or 10 stacks of items) into the first Campaign World. This also presumes that there will not be a Spirit Bank wipe. If this first CW is on the new Test Server, does that mean we will have our Spirit Banks mirrored to the Test Servers to start with? The bottom line being...is there a reason to farm this weekend in anticipation of the first CW import rules?

On a related note... will this 10/10 import counter be an "all at once" situation? Or could I import 2 items...then 6 items...then 2 more? Presumably, these items will appear in my inventory in the CW...ie...immediately lootable upon death right? Will there be the ability when these imports appear in my inventory to make sure they are safe for storage in a personal vault or faction vault? 

4 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

and will it be 10 objects....or 10 squares eg a weapon being 2 squares and a stack of ore 1 etc

Here's the whole post:

Import/Export Restrictions

In this world, the Spirit Bank will no longer allow you to move infinite resources in and out. You can only import and export a set number of items (or item stacks) in this world.

For this campaign, we’ve set the import and export counters to 10/10. Once you’ve used up your allotment, you’re done. So, pick your imports wisely if you want to…

I think its clear that we get 10 items regardless of "size." The fact that there is the disclaimer of "or item stacks" I think makes that clear.