Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

The First Campaign - Official discussion thread

Couple practical questions about the Win Conditions for balance.

Assume that the final point tally’s are

• Order:  49
  • Chaos: 49
  • Balance: 2

Neither Order nor Chaos has achieved victory.  Does Balance win?

Next consider

• Order: 9
  • Chaos: 40
  • Balance: 51

Chaos seems to have crushed Order, but Balance is the strongest faction.  Who wins?

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

Huge concern :

• Rangers - Arrows - Campaign - Removal of Spirit Bank.

The current system of arrows is -not- going to work in Campaign. 

• Simply put - It is a lootable ressource which will mean that on -every- single death the ranger will have to stop to craft arrows... oh wait!  Will have to get RESSOURCES to craft arrows cause you can be damn sure everyone (and their mother) will loot them.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

You claim a fort simply by locating its dragon statue and using F to interact to claim it on behalf of your faction.

I hope taking damage interrupts this process. :lol:

We also expect high-quality resource spawners to be highly valuable because we have imposed…

POIs will spawn high-quality resources? Will there still be nodes scattered about the map? Will their output be better in quality? :o

BALANCE wins by ensuring there is no clear winner between ORDER and CHAOS.

Will BALANCE need to ensure the other two own only the same amount of strongholds, or can BALANCE simply own the majority and still win? :wacko:

By this point you guys know the drill: please consider this more test than playtest...

As a reminder, it will probably be buggy and unbalanced – so if that really bothers you, you might want to wait until the dust has settled before jumping in to give it a try.

I have zero faith in this happening. :lol:

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

4 minutes ago, Helix said:

I think instead of having to hold F to capture a dragon statue it a capture point that you have to sit in for x amount of seconds. If the opposition is in the capture point with you it should stall the timer. Having some dude run in and push F seems really silly to me.

Holding a key to cap is very common in competitive settings and provides a wide array of tactical dynamics to attackers and defenders.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

2 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

Huge concern :

• Rangers - Arrows - Campaign - Removal of Spirit Bank.

The current system of arrows is -not- going to work in Campaign. 

• Simply put - It is a lootable ressource which will mean that on -every- single death the ranger will have to stop to craft arrows... oh wait!  Will have to get RESSOURCES to craft arrows cause you can be damn sure everyone (and their mother) will loot them.

To my knowledge there is going to be a Faction bank system as well.  This can be accesed via an Faction chest located at any faction base. This will container you can put all your extra arrows without worrying about it being looted. Or if im wrong then ya.  rangers are gonna have it a bit rough :P 

6 minutes ago, narsille said:

Next consider

Chaos seems to have crushed Order, but Balance is the strongest faction.  Who wins?

Chaos wins because balance was not achieved.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

That said.  A few questions if @thomasblair if you are answering them.

First.  How will faction chests work.

Second. How long will it take to capture a base.

Third. What from preventing stealthed classes or people logging out inside bases from camping in bases to capture them over and over again. 

4 minutes ago, narsille said:

Next consider

If its still the same as the FAQ suggests then balance wins the first one and chaos wins the second. Since there are 100 points total chaos has to have 30%(30 points in this case) more than order. Now if order had 11 chaos had 40 and balance had 49 then balance would win. This is going off a possibly outdated FAQ though.

Just now, SirGeorge said:

To my knowledge there is going to be a Faction bank system as well.  This can be accesed via an Faction chest located at any faction base. This will container you can put all your extra arrows without worrying about it being looted. Or if im wrong then ya.  rangers are gonna have it a bit rough :P 

Even IF there is a container I will have to pull out enough arrows for the FULL fight we face. 

I die as the first person get full looted.. This is simply put meaning that I will spend arrows even faster, have to stock up even more ...

I wont be shooting more arrows, I will have to carry more arrows so I don't have to run back to the chest all the time.

The system and the implementation of it -is- not ready for campaign.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Nice, finally ! I'm intrigued to see how the server will perform with all that stuff, it's gonna be harsh, because, even if you put it on the news, people will take it as a "released kindof" <_<

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

23 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Holding a key to cap is very common in competitive settings and provides a wide array of tactical dynamics to attackers and defenders.

BF, CoD and Halo have all used "hold the point" king of the hill capture point functionality at one time or another and are considered fairly competitive.

Edited by Helix

7 minutes ago, Sypo said:

If its still the same as the FAQ suggests then balance wins the first one and chaos wins the second. Since there are 100 points total chaos has to have 30%(30 points in this case) more than order. Now if order had 11 chaos had 40 and balance had 49 then balance would win. This is going off a possibly outdated FAQ though.

I agree with what you are saying.

I hope that the developers do as well.

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

12 minutes ago, narsille said:

Next consider

Reading it, I don't think balance has an individual score, but rather their score plus the lower score, is the score.

So for the examples

• Order (49+0)
  • Chaos (49+0) 
  • Result (Tie/ Balance wins)

• Order (9+51=60)
  • Chaos (40+0=40)
  • Result (Balance wins because difference is less than 33%)

Cheers

Day & night, this can either be great or an annoyance, I'm hoping for great.  Personal storage vs faction storage, another step in the right direction.  Crafted maps and fog of war, another exciting mechanic.  Does this mean we could see additional skills in the exploration tree under tracking.  I'm assuming a crafted map is done by a crafter, but scrawling on the map will be a mechanic of the tracking skill line, along with FoW.  Mini sieges, like mine fights in SB, over the forts another great thing to keep people busy.  Sieges on actual keeps, that's why I'm here.

lUvvzPy.png

No one is asking the right question...

If you win... What is the prize? What is the reward?  WHERE ARE THE PHAT LEWTS???

Inquiring minds want to know..

and what will the mechanic be to balance the teams?  Will we do it sandbox style with a player made poll? Or will there be some sort of population limit?

What if EVERYONE Logged in and chose Chaos?

What if everyone figured out that Balance was the easiset win condition and chose Balance?

Short campaign....

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

3 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

If you win... What is the prize? What is the reward?  WHERE ARE THE PHAT LEWTS???

You get the privilege of testing the BRAND NEW ACTIVE Crowfall campaign! Yay!

2 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

The satisfaction of knowing you won :P

and what will the mechanic be to balance the teams?  Will we do it sandbox style with a player made poll? Or will there be some sort of population limit?

Same way teams are balanced now..? So not all...

What if EVERYONE Logged in and chose Chaos?

Then Balance and Order would probably be allied for the duration of the campaign

What if everyone figured out that Balance was the easiset win condition and chose Balance?

The wording doesn't make it clear, but I don't think Balance can outright win by holding the most keeps and forts.

Short campaign....

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.