Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

The First Campaign - Official discussion thread

7 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

No one is asking the right question...

If you win... What is the prize? What is the reward?  WHERE ARE THE PHAT LEWTS???

Inquiring minds want to know..

and what will the mechanic be to balance the teams?  Will we do it sandbox style with a player made poll? Or will there be some sort of population limit?

What if EVERYONE Logged in and chose Chaos?

What if everyone figured out that Balance was the easiset win condition and chose Balance?

Short campaign....

There should be no real rewards until the game is launched. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

whats stopping "someone" parking their alt accounts next to a fort claim statue to log in and ninja loot it for their faction, then logging out

(or an alt account "spirit bank" mule parked somewhere)

can balance raid their temporary ally faction chests

whats stopping an alt account mule logging on to enemy faction and stealing all their shared faction chest resources?

[or as said below: invuln scout and global faction chat spy]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Just now, VIKINGNAIL said:

There should be no real rewards until the game is launched. 

We don't get anything we can keep anyway..it will all be wiped )

But it would be nice to get something even if its a  FIRST Campaign Trophy!

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

When BALANCE wins or loses, the slider can move in either direction, depending on which faction captured it.

^Need more info on that. I assume that since Balance is allied to the losing side the points go to the currrently losing team. If they lose the siege it goes to the faction with more points.

i think the balance-faction could be a bit boring to play, because you are in fact a 24/7 sell-sword and you win baisically by not having any castles or forts in the end of a campaign, that wouldn't excite me for playing the balancefaction.

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

17 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

The big exploit you should be worried about is what if a guild puts bodies in all three factions to monitor faction chat, be an invulnerable scout and spread disinformation..

I believe the campaign faction should be account locked so the only way to do that is with alts. The only one i know that actually run alts IN PRE-ALPHA is Tark.

EDIT:

You could sacrifice someone in the guild to be a spy but that sems a little overkill for pre-alpha. Like, just go have fun with your guildies man.

Edited by BarriaKarl

1 minute ago, Kreigon said:

i think the balance-faction could be a bit boring to play, because you are in fact a 24/7 sell-sword and you win baisically by not having any castles or forts in the end of a campaign, that wouldn't excite me for playing the balancefaction.

I think it is the most interesting one to play because it is trying to manipulate both enemy factions at once inherently. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

30 minutes ago, narsille said:

Couple practical questions about the Win Conditions for balance.

Assume that the final point tally’s are

• Order:  49
  • Chaos: 49
  • Balance: 2

Neither Order nor Chaos has achieved victory.  Does Balance win?

Next consider

• Order: 9
  • Chaos: 40
  • Balance: 51

Chaos seems to have crushed Order, but Balance is the strongest faction.  Who wins?

First case scenario, Balance wins, I think.

Second case scenario, Balance wins? Seems weird, but I think that's how it works out, since every point they gain works against whoever's leading, thus if Balance has the majority it will force the score into an equilibrium.

The picture of the tug of war track made it, I thought, pretty clear.  There's a chunk of about 20 or 30 points in the middle that belongs to balance.  When balance succeeds, it moves the track away from the current winner between order and chaos (and therefore, deeper into balance territory).  When the other two win, it pulls it toward their side.  The winner is the faction who's currently under the big white dot at the end of the campaign.  In your example, that is probably balance both times, because balance > (winner - loser)

7 minutes ago, Kreigon said:

Depends. You can play more passively and sell your services to whichever side is taking a beating, or you can be more active and actually start beating up the winning side. It's all about maintaining balance, and that could actually mean that you end up with the most amount of forts, as long as you ensure that the rest is spread more or less evenly across the other two factions. It's also more likely perhaps that you get picked on by the other two sides.

Balance could perhaps be the most interesting one to play as you're the piggy in the middle, and that can lead to some really intriguing political shenanigans. Balance has to most potential for manipulation I think, so if you're a bit Machiavellian then this could be a great side.

Edited by Nirnaeth

11 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

whats stopping an alt account mule logging on to enemy faction and stealing all their shared faction chest resources?

What's stopping you from raiding your own faction chest and hoarding the resources?

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

22 minutes ago, canvox said:

The picture of the tug of war track made it, I thought, pretty clear.  There's a chunk of about 20 or 30 points in the middle that belongs to balance.  When balance succeeds, it moves the track away from the current winner between order and chaos (and therefore, deeper into balance territory).  When the other two win, it pulls it toward their side.  The winner is the faction who's currently under the big white dot at the end of the campaign.  In your example, that is probably balance both times, because balance > (winner - loser)

I think balance wont have points. I think it will just help the other factions gain points. I like of think of balance as the faction that makes sure no ones wins and that for me also include balance itself. A result where balance wins by collecting most points doesnt seems balanced to me.

Edited by BarriaKarl