Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClockworkOrange

Upcoming Campaign Faction Choice

This is just a suggestion, but players who are familiar and have "tested" Crowfall a decent amount should choose Chaos and Order. Large guilds should also choose Chaos and Order. We should leave balance for mostly new players or less experienced players as this will be the easiest faction to play in as often it will be 2 v 1.

If this is done it will also make Balance the smallest faction so that the 2 v 1 advantage isn't that great.

Feel free to post what you plan to go.

This isn't a good idea because this is a test. By purposely deciding where people go and making balance the smallest it would ruin the results of the test, people should go where they want to and normally would go.

13 minutes ago, Sypo said:

This isn't a good idea because this is a test. By purposely deciding where people go and making balance the smallest it would ruin the results of the test, people should go where they want to and normally would go.

I know I am gonna get poorly made socks for this, but here we go. If ACE wants me to test, they can pay me for their time. If they charge me to "test", I get to play how I want.

Now we can get into statistics and say your sample size isn't large enough for an adequate testing of where people would normally go anyway.

9 minutes ago, ClockworkOrange said:

I know I am gonna get poorly made socks for this, but here we go. If ACE wants me to test, they can pay me for their time. If they charge me to "test", I get to play how I want.

Now we can get into statistics and say your sample size isn't large enough for an adequate testing of where people would normally go anyway.

If you want to play, and don't want to test, wait till it's a game and not a test. ACE doesn't want YOU to test, they want those interested in testing to test. They repeatedly say "this stage isn't for everybody".

You're not obligated to test, but you did choose to test, do it in the spirit of how ACE describes where they are, or don't let the door....

1 hour ago, ClockworkOrange said:

We should leave balance for mostly new players or less experienced players as this will be the easiest faction to play in as often it will be 2 v 1.

If this is done it will also make Balance the smallest faction so that the 2 v 1 advantage isn't that great.

I'm not sure about both of these assumptions.

I would guess that it might be easier for new players to clearly know that they have to fight order or chaos instead of having to change this (which would be the case for a balance player). You will get reinforcements some times and sometimes they will change sides, but your clear goal will still be to take this damned castle (and not suddenly to defend it midfight).

And i could imagine that the less experienced players outnumber the really experienced ones.

But that's just guesses. For who knows? But i guess we'll see.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

6 minutes ago, APE said:

It's not HARDCORE enough for me so I won't be involved. I'll wait for the 1 hit permadeath test stage.

I get the jab. Didn't realize we were in a forum war. You win, I don't care.

3 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

If you want to play, and don't want to test, wait till it's a game and not a test. ACE doesn't want YOU to test, they want those interested in testing to test. They repeatedly say "this stage isn't for everybody".

You're not obligated to test, but you did choose to test, do it in the spirit of how ACE describes where they are, or don't let the door....

Wonder why these forums are currently deserted. You guys have become a salty bunch.

Krakken why should I honestly care what ACE wants? If they need testing they can pay people to do it and do it internally. You know that they allow us to stream all "test" footage and post it to YouTube as well. They aren't doing this because they care about us, they do it because it is free marketing for them.

That being said, Gordon is a hell of a guy. I do like him and wish him success wherever he goes.

Why should we care how you want to set up the first campaign? Other people on the forums care about the game and want it  to test legitimately so we can find flaws and the game can come out better.

37 minutes ago, ClockworkOrange said:

Wonder why these forums are currently deserted. You guys have become a salty bunch.

Krakken why should I honestly care what ACE wants? If they need testing they can pay people to do it and do it internally. You know that they allow us to stream all "test" footage and post it to YouTube as well. They aren't doing this because they care about us, they do it because it is free marketing for them.

That being said, Gordon is a hell of a guy. I do like him and wish him success wherever he goes.

Sorry, just find the label of hardcore to be funny.

While I actually believe your idea isn't bad, will be interesting to see if any side will be stacked with more experience or simply more players. Should give ACE some idea of what they'll need to do with faction and similar rulesets to limit lopsided sides from the get go. While the win condition eventually stops Uncle Bob, if every match is a snowball from the start, will be just as boring.

Hopefully guilds/players see what others are planning (such as PaleOne's thread) and naturally balance it out. If not, oh well. It is just a test and if one side is stacked, clearly a challenge isn't something all these "serious" PVPers are looking for. So far haven't seen it to be an issue, not that I heavily test myself.

Will have to see how many actually plan to participate. Doubtful we'll see massive surge in concurrent players, but never know.

19 minutes ago, APE said:

Sorry, just find the label of hardcore to be funny.

While I actually believe your idea isn't bad, will be interesting to see if any side will be stacked with more experience or simply more players. Should give ACE some idea of what they'll need to do with faction and similar rulesets to limit lopsided sides from the get go. While the win condition eventually stops Uncle Bob, if every match is a snowball from the start, will be just as boring.

Hopefully guilds/players see what others are planning (such as PaleOne's thread) and naturally balance it out. If not, oh well. It is just a test and if one side is stacked, clearly a challenge isn't something all these "serious" PVPers are looking for. So far haven't seen it to be an issue, not that I heavily test myself.

Will have to see how many actually plan to participate. Doubtful we'll see massive surge in concurrent players, but never know.

It is fine, I don't take it personal. I say harsh things, I should expect to receive them.

As I have said before I don't think I am a top caliber gamer. The problem is I started gaming with Ultima Online and the ability to kill, steal and fully loot anyone at almost anytime is something I desire in a video game. Getting less than this just feels watered down. I watched Trammel take away a game I loved and Trammel is what the masses ask for. It happens to every game and I built up what I wanted Crowfall to be in my own head. I thought these guys get it considering their background of UO and Shadowbane.

I am still excited and hope I love whatever final product gets delivered. Might disagree with the direction from time to time. Then again, I don't speak for the masses.

Forums are always salty Dawg. Don't worry bout it.

As for your OP, It might be best to just let leave it up to chance. Odds are that once the game goes live, one faction will be over populated(or overpowered in some way). From my experience that always seems to happen in mmos, so working out some "catch up" mechanics now would probably be the best coarse of action. The best way to work out and test these mechanics would be to have an unbalanced game. So if the first Campaign  goes all wacky then we still get some very important info.

41 minutes ago, ClockworkOrange said:

It is fine, I don't take it personal. I say harsh things, I should expect to receive them.

As I have said before I don't think I am a top caliber gamer. The problem is I started gaming with Ultima Online and the ability to kill, steal and fully loot anyone at almost anytime is something I desire in a video game. Getting less than this just feels watered down. I watched Trammel take away a game I loved and Trammel is what the masses ask for. It happens to every game and I built up what I wanted Crowfall to be in my own head. I thought these guys get it considering their background of UO and Shadowbane.

I am still excited and hope I love whatever final product gets delivered. Might disagree with the direction from time to time. Then again, I don't speak for the masses.

With one ACE founder being behind Trammel (I believe?) and the other Wiz101, really isn't that surprising to me. However, like I said in the other thread, no reason we can't have the best of not just two, but multiple ways to play.

What you desire on the basic level should still be there come launch, just not meeting hyped up expectations as no game will. CF is not my perfect game, but if they get enough things right, I'll give it a chance. Given up on expecting too much from devs, but I wouldn't mind being surprised.

Have you checked out Albion Online? Finally launching next month. Seems like UO from what I remember and has a decent number of past UO players as well. They too have walked back their "hardcore" game hype, but overall seems to have made a better product. Can't spawn camp fresh players and non-combat people actually have a chance to run away so some are mad, but I find it silly that people that call themselves PVPers want that. Been playing a bit as the final beta runs down and likely will play at launch. Again, not my perfect game (point and click is yucky) but scratches the itch for now.

It is fine, I don't take it personal. I say harsh things, I should expect to receive them...

...I am still excited and hope I love whatever final product gets delivered. Might disagree with the direction from time to time. Then again, I don't speak for the masses.

I can respect that.

:^)

13 hours ago, ClockworkOrange said:

Well, I honestly don't care what you care about, but since you don't care what ACE want's, why should they and us not just ignore you completely?

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who admits they don't care what ACE want's, and also admits they only plan on playing the game a couple of months, is completely wasting both their time and ours by posting on the forum. There are enough dedicated players and posters with the same views on FF, hardcore, etc, that do care about the game, that can represent those views.

The only reason to respond to you is to keep pointing out to other posters the enigma that is a pre-alpha poster who is apathetic towards the success of the game.

12 hours ago, ClockworkOrange said:

I think a lot of us old gamers were there for the fall of UO and its continued watered down. With Crow fall they are trying to reach the different tiers of gamers by allowing harsher environments through the dregs factions ect. I believe that is what pulled a lot of us in. WE all look back to those games that got our blood pumping and look for that same adrenaline fix of yesteryear . Let us hope crowfall does cater to the masses and let it include our play style in said masses.

13 hours ago, APE said:

With one ACE founder being behind Trammel (I believe?) and the other Wiz101, really isn't that surprising to me. However, like I said in the other thread, no reason we can't have the best of not just two, but multiple ways to play.

What you desire on the basic level should still be there come launch, just not meeting hyped up expectations as no game will. CF is not my perfect game, but if they get enough things right, I'll give it a chance. Given up on expecting too much from devs, but I wouldn't mind being surprised.

Have you checked out Albion Online? Finally launching next month. Seems like UO from what I remember and has a decent number of past UO players as well. They too have walked back their "hardcore" game hype, but overall seems to have made a better product. Can't spawn camp fresh players and non-combat people actually have a chance to run away so some are mad, but I find it silly that people that call themselves PVPers want that. Been playing a bit as the final beta runs down and likely will play at launch. Again, not my perfect game (point and click is yucky) but scratches the itch for now.

Gordon created Trammel? I honestly wouldn't have backed if I had known this. This is hard for me because I think Gordon is an amazing person, but Trammel is the worst thing that happened to me in gaming.

I did buy into Albion Online, but haven't tried it for at least 6 months or so. Has it gotten better? Last time I checked the PVP was lacking, but had some potential there.