Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Character creation overhaul - Official discussion thread

Pann

4 minutes ago, NchDu said:

glad to read about "advantages and disadvantages" again

=P

Me too!

Will A/D be restricted by race, class [or a combination of the two] as well?

Just now, canvox said:

Sorry to sound ungrateful, but are we gonna get more info on the siege system before the weekend?

Don't expect the first CW test to be this weekend would be my tip...

Edited by Tinnis

All these customization options tied to the vessel are a double edged sword imo.  But it's still exciting to see the game taking steps forward.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I see Assassin and Frostweaver listed as "coming soon" on the Human. That looks like an expansion of the options for Humans.

IhhQKY6.gif

3 minutes ago, Jah said:

I see Assassin and Frostweaver listed as "coming soon" on the Human. That looks like an expansion of the options for Humans.

I think that is false.

Coming soon is on all unreleased races and classes [e.g. also cleric] and is still greyed out via human ;p

(cleric also greyed out despite being a confirmed human class tho...)

Edited by Tinnis

1 minute ago, Tinnis said:

I think that is false.

Coming soon is on all unreleased races and classes [e.g. also cleric] and is still greyed out via human ;p

Yea, I suppose you are right. I think I got the wrong impression because the "coming soon" was also listed for Cleric, which they will get.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

First, Yay! Races and classes and advantages, etc.!  Very cool.

And now... 

14 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

All these customization options tied to the vessel are a double edged sword imo.  But it's still exciting to see the game taking steps forward.

I don't think anyone hates the Vessel system more than I do, but it seems logical that regardless of Vessel quality (starter or legendary *puke*) you'd be able to make these choices upon first equipping it *puke*puke* (excluding race/class of course).  

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

5 minutes ago, Regulus said:

First, Yay! Races and classes and advantages, etc.!  Very cool.

And now... 

I don't think anyone hates the Vessel system more than I do, but it seems logical that regardless of Vessel quality (starter or legendary *puke*) you'd be able to make these choices upon first equipping it *puke*puke* (excluding race/class of course).  

Well I mean things like advantages, disadvantages, vessel quality, disciplines, etc the whole lot. 

It makes the only really permanent choices we have in the passive skill-training, which has been explained to be more a passive stat gain system.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

You're getting me all randy now.

GJ ACE. My fears of generic character building are floating away on a breeze of solid updates and lots of elbow grease.

edit: LOVE the advantages and disadvantages, specifically. Go crazy there please. Give us tons of options to make our builds unique.

Edited by coolwaters

Boy... Nethari is pretty much a "Confessor or Bust" pick. :lol:

Interesting to see Advan & Disadvan again. Makes it seem vessel swapping will be much more infrequent than many people had been imagining. 

Every race and class combination will yield a pool of Creation Points that can be spent on Advantages to provide stat benefits in various categories. 

I read this as a statement that different combinations can yield differing amounts of Creation Points. Is that the case? :o

Hi, I'm moneda.

Nice to read Adv/Dis still a thing too :) I was hoping for an update about the siege system but will wait until next week i suppose ;) 

Still grateful for the update Team.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

10 minutes ago, moneda said:

Interesting to see Advan & Disadvan again. Makes it seem vessel swapping will be much more infrequent than many people had been imagining. 

How exactly does it do that?  Disciplines, advantages, class kits, all of this is just allocation and to a min/maxer the desirability of swapping will simply be a measured equation of what gets the job done best. 

Advantages and disadvantages are just more stats to evaluate, but nothing about them inherently makes you want to swap less.

An argument can be made that it actually does the reverse of what you think, because the more precise you can calibrate a tool to do a certain job, the more likely someone can craft the right tool for the job, when their current one isn't absolutely the min/max best possible tool for the job.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

42 minutes ago, Jah said:

dont think so. Missing classes will be shown for all races alike.

Edited by Askari

28 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

You're getting me all randy now.

GJ ACE. My fears of generic character building are floating away on a breeze of solid updates and lots of elbow grease.

edit: LOVE the advantages and disadvantages, specifically. Go crazy there please. Give us tons of options to make our builds unique.

I shall stack all my disadvantages, get no advantages and call my character @Remlap 

CfWBSig.png

• Pann locked this topic