Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elvo

wipe before the campaign?

https://crowfall.com/en/news/first-campaign-ready-set-crow/

In this world, the Spirit Bank will no longer allow you to move infinite resources in and out. You can only import and export a set number of items (or item stacks) in this world.

For this campaign, we’ve set the import and export counters to 10/10. Once you’ve used up your allotment, you’re done. So, pick your imports wisely if you want to…

If they want to test imports, they probably won't be wiping spirit banks. 

They aren't going to wipe skills unless they have to. I know there are quotes to that effect around, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to find them. Don't expect them to wipe skills for the campaign. More than likely, a skill wipe won't happen until soft launch, but it will 100% absolutely happen at that time.

I'd really like to see the skill tree revamped to reflect the race and discipline systems. So I could wait for that if they'll do it soon.

Since there's a weapon mastery rune now, class skills should be less weapon-specific, even though weapon choices should still be limited by class and probably height.

Stoneborn and Guineaceans should not be able to use longbows, but crossbows and firearms, respectively. Nor should either be allowed 2-handed swords. 

And if certain races get powers that need skills to be effective, the skill trees of the classes that they can be should support that.

I don't think a racial skill tree would be a great idea, because it would be too big a change and lock a crow into one race, but it's an option.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

20 hours ago, Frykka said:

Last Sunday night, when Gordon gave the 20 min warning to server down, he directly said yes, SB wipe inc...  I didn't screen cap it but I know what I saw.

He said yes to wipe incoming, but he didn't say if it was going to be for the new campaign update.

5 minutes ago, Unfolded said:

He said yes to wipe incoming, but he didn't say if it was going to be for the new campaign update.

This is true but the devs also know that many of us hold legacy weapons with PCM values that are a clear advantage... To begin the CW without a wipe is to allow some players the strong advantage of low resource use due to these weapons being out there from pre-PCM tweaks.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

26 minutes ago, Frykka said:

This is true but the devs also know that many of us hold legacy weapons with PCM values that are a clear advantage... To begin the CW without a wipe is to allow some players the strong advantage of low resource use due to these weapons being out there from pre-PCM tweaks.

This is where the reasonable discussion should be.

The way I see it, there would be a small short term effect by import. However, most of our weapons now are absolute crap re PCM due to crafting bugs. My weapons will mostly be tossed as soon as we craft slag weapons, assuming the crafting bugs are fixed.

My .02.

46 minutes ago, Frykka said:

I agree and hope for a wipe (even skills), but I think they should wipe SBs only when the SB changes get implemented.