Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can my PC run the game?

Niaxa37

Hi guys,

Im new here and I'm so excited by this game but I don't really know if my PC can run it at 40-50 fps minimum with the lowest graphics settings and i won't buy the game if my PC can't run it correctly.

Actually, my PC runs Battlefield 1 at 50 FPS minimum with low settings (average of 57-60 FPS), Overwatch at 60 FPS constantly with highest settings, etc.

So, i give you my specs :

GPU : GTX660 2GB RAM

CPU : i5-4430 3.00 GHz

RAM : 8GB DDR3 1666MHz (i think? I don't really remember....)

and a 120GB SSD if necessary.

Thankfully,

Niaxa.

PS : Sorry for my bad english, I'm French hehe!

Edited by Niaxa37

I think on certain settings your setup could run the game at 40-50fps, but keep in mind this game is pre-alpha and not very optimized yet so comparing it to released games like overwatch isn't reasonable. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Thank you very much! Yes I know, I just gave these examples to show you "what is my PC capable of, atm?" I think I'll buy it in few days/weeks!

Have a nice day and hope to see you in-game! :)

11 hours ago, Niaxa37 said:

Hi guys,

Im new here and I'm so excited by this game but I don't really know if my PC can run it at 40-50 fps minimum with the lowest graphics settings and i won't buy the game if my PC can't run it correctly.

i run the game on:

• GTX 750 Ti
  • i5-4590T 2 GHz
  • 8 GB RAM

It is generally playable (medium settings, shadows on, at 1080p)

Early for optimisation though, so don't expect too consistent FPS at this point. I can dip below 30.

example video

Edited by Tinnis

Good luck with the GTX 660, myself and other community members have had problems getting CF to run with them. I bit the bullet and picked up a GTX 1060 and now CF runs OK except when there are more 5 or 6 players on screen then it becomes a slideshow.

3 hours ago, cencal said:

Good luck with the GTX 660, myself and other community members have had problems getting CF to run with them. I bit the bullet and picked up a GTX 1060 and now CF runs OK except when there are more 5 or 6 players on screen then it becomes a slideshow.

You got the 3gb version?

3 hours ago, cencal said:

I ran the game fine on a 570 which performs similarly to a 660, perhaps you had an unideal configuration for your settings.

I believe this to be the case if you are also struggling on a 1060, which should easily run the game.

Strange it dips down so low then.
Got i7 4770k + 780ti here.

The 1060 6gb should be faster.

Maybe something else is going on with your system?

Edited by Anvh

5 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

I ran the game fine on a 570 which performs similarly to a 660, perhaps you had an unideal configuration for your settings.

I believe this to be the case if you are also struggling on a 1060, which should easily run the game.

I have my settings on windowed mode, 1600x900 Medium, No V-sync, No shadows and yes I would think it would run CF fine, but up to this point I haven't had any luck.

Also, I have an i5-3570K CPU, 16 GB RAM Samsung 840 SSD and Windows 7-64.

Edited by cencal

I have a 3570k too (not overclocked right now) and 8gb ram.  I think the 1600x900 is going to hurt your performance on windowed mode especially as things usually run better fullscreen and at native resolution these days.  Other than that I don't know specifically why your game would struggle, do you have your nvidia settings configured for performance and have you disabled all of the things that might hurt performance?

As I'm considering getting the game I'd first like to know if i could even run it, I have a AMD FX-6350, AMD Radeon R7 370 (2gb DDR5) and 8gb RAM. Thanks :)

For anyone else wondering...  Do you have an ATI card?  If yes, then get ready for dips to the tune of 10 fps.

On 7/4/2017 at 4:00 PM, ganrod said:

As I'm considering getting the game I'd first like to know if i could even run it, I have a AMD FX-6350, AMD Radeon R7 370 (2gb DDR5) and 8gb RAM. Thanks :)

I am sorry, friend.  I feel your pain.

1 hour ago, mourne said:

For anyone else wondering...  Do you have an ATI card?  If yes, then get ready for dips to the tune of 10 fps.

I am sorry, friend.  I feel your pain.

Well it is never wise to go ATI anyway, stick to nvidia and intel for your gpu and cpu because most things are designed to be compatible with those brands first and foremost, and often times even more optimized for those brands.

15 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Well it is never wise to go ATI anyway, stick to nvidia and intel for your gpu and cpu because most things are designed to be compatible with those brands first and foremost, and often times even more optimized for those brands.

actually i dont think that is that true anymore.

Almost all the conoles are using AMD hardware now for the last 5 years and looking at the number of ports... you might even say more games are now optimized to run on AMD hardware if yo count console as well.

But even so looking at the 1060 and 580 with current modern games there is little between them besides one or two titles heavily favouring one or the other.
the only problem is finding these cards with the miners...
here are some benchmarks, as you can see it goes back and forward. Nvidia 1060 is not constantly better.
http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2973-amd-vega-frontier-edition-reviewed-too-soon-to-call/page-4

As for the CPU, hell i wonder how many will support the new intel x299 platform everyone is complaining what kind of a mess that one is.

And AMD has taken some shares from Intel now.

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3013097/amd-claws-back-market-share-from-intel-after-a-decade-of-decline-according-to-benchmark-figures

Edited by Anvh

7 minutes ago, Anvh said:

actually i dont think that is that true anymore.

Almost all the conoles are using AMD hardware now for the last 5 years and looking at the number of ports... you might even say more games are now optimized to run on AMD hardware if yo count console as well.

But even so looking at the 1060 and 580 with current modern games there is little between them besides one or two titles heavily favouring one or the other.
the only problem is finding these cards with the miners...

As for the CPU, hell i wonder how many will support the new intel x299 platform everyone is complaining what kind of a mess that one is.

And AMD has taken some shares from Intel now.

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3013097/amd-claws-back-market-share-from-intel-after-a-decade-of-decline-according-to-benchmark-figures

Nah, it's still true.  Games made for console or even for PC with intended console port aren't really at the forefront of game development performance wise.

Also the difference between 1060 and 580 is huge. 

2 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Nah, it's still true.  Games made for console or even for PC with intended console port aren't really at the forefront of game development performance wise.

Also the difference between 1060 and 580 is huge. 

Show me that difference

You mean like this one?
vega fe doom 4k

Edited by Anvh

7 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

That link doesnt show much... this list is made from 1 benchmark it seems. Not even a ingame benchmark

Look at actual reviews that test actual games like Gamersnexus or this one http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_radeon_rx_580_gaming_x_review,10.html

There simply isnt much between them.

Strangly enough with DX12 and Vulkan where game developer actually need to program more for specific cards the AMD 580 is often faster than the 1060. The 1060 often wins with dx11 titles, the Nvidia DX11 drivers are simply better there.
But this shows a different trend then you are saying.

Edited by Anvh