Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Guild strongholds - Official discussion thread

If capital city parcels are for 120 players then I have waaaaaay too much EK stuff :P 

Will I be able to sell excess EK stuff on Trusted Trader? Will I be able to trade it to other players in game for things like VIP subscription tokens? 

Edited by blazzen

honestly the number one comment i'm tired of defending to people looking at crowfall are the high store prices and their concerns

which from their perspective lacking full information or understanding of the systems and contexts makes sense.

e.g. the tl;dr on pre alpha resource site

todd with regards the design and expectation of some high store prices.

A few people will buy them, but not many.  A handful of guilds, maybe.

Mostly, they'll be crafted, which makes the numbers theoretical.  When an eve battle results in "$150,000 worth of ships destroyed!" that is technically true, but most of it is virtual money.  Do some people spend that kind of money?  yes, but it's exceedingly rare.

These are the biggest, most impressive strongholds in the game.  If we want it to take a long time to build one (even for a large guild) then the resource cost has to be extreme.  Multiply that out into theoretical dollars, and it's big numbers.

the ship has sailed with regards say backer rewards and the store,

i would of vastly preferred EK land and buildings to have only been built up by in game effort personally

"paying the iron price" ;p

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

7 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

i would of vastly preferred EK land and buildings to have only been built up by in game effort personally

"paying the iron price" ;p

Gotta pay them bills, dawg.

I for one I am glad this was released.  Though I think this type of information needs to be in size 120 font blasted all over the store.  I also think that some brief information on the top of the page on the strongholds section needs to say in big letters. "For Use In Eternal Kingdoms (Player Housing) Only.  These Can Not Be Used In The PvP Worlds."

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

25 minutes ago, Destrin said:

I for one I am glad this was released.  Though I think this type of information needs to be in size 120 font blasted all over the store.  I also think that some brief information on the top of the page on the strongholds section needs to say in big letters. "For Use In Eternal Kingdoms (Player Housing) Only.  These Can Not Be Used In The PvP Worlds."

Good suggestion.

I'm still waiting for the big aha moment with EKs. They still seem pretty disjointed from the rest of the game.

I might be missing something but it seems like everything will be taking place in the Campaign Worlds. I don't really understand how EKs can become these trading hubs if everything has to be exported with a penalty or only at certain times. 

I want to be wrong but they just seem so pointless. 

13 minutes ago, angelmar said:

Good suggestion.

11 minutes ago, Destrin said:

My suggestions are always top notch :D

i suggested this directly to gordon months ago....but still nothing there! [nor does it help vs people's reaction to a $10k palace bundle...]

e.g. a tl;dr of what i state:

*COSMETIC/HOUSING AREA ONLY WITH FREE ALTERNATIVES 

or full:

Any elements in the store are cosmetic only or can only be used in the Eternal Kingdom player housing worlds (separate from the game campaign worlds) Anything you can buy via the store you will also be able to build for free via in game resources.

Edited by Tinnis

Just now, Tinnis said:

i suggested this directly to gordon months ago....but still nothing there!

Any elements in the store are cosmetic only or can only be used in the Eternal Kingdom player housing worlds (separate from the game campaign worlds) Anything you can buy via the store you will also be able to build for free via in game resources.

Too many words IMO.... Dumb dumbs like me won't take the time to read that long of a sentence. :D

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

1 minute ago, Destrin said:

Too many words IMO.... Dumb dumbs like me won't take the time to read that long of a sentence. :D

yea i edited in the tl'dr i have next to my link to store...

9 minutes ago, Zybak said:

I'm still waiting for the big aha moment with EKs. They still seem pretty disjointed from the rest of the game.

I might be missing something but it seems like everything will be taking place in the Campaign Worlds. I don't really understand how EKs can become these trading hubs if everything has to be exported with a penalty or only at certain times. 

It's glorified housing. That's really all it is. It gives people a chance to show off. You aren't missing anything. They aren't going to tie the EK more closely to the campaigns because then you get into P2W territory. They have to keep the monetized part away from the competition of the campaigns.

6 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

i suggested this directly to gordon months ago....but still nothing there! [nor does it help vs people's reaction to a $10k palace bundle...]

or full:

Classic Tinnis--ever disgruntled that ACE doesn't follow his advice.

2 minutes ago, angelmar said:

Classic Tinnis--ever disgruntled that ACE doesn't follow his advice.

after the number of people i've seen put off over the store prices via twitch, youtube, twitter, reddit and discord.... YES

Edited by Tinnis

15 minutes ago, Zybak said:

I remember when it was theorized that we'd go into the campaign worlds to fight over static assets and bring back resources to our EK to build dynamic assets, so we can evade and siege each others EK worlds i.e. wildstar war front style. Instead we got bigger, more clunkier and slightly uglier wildstar vanity housing living in isolation and fairly pointless.

Edited by Helix

52 minutes ago, Destrin said:

I agree, POST THIS EVERYWHERE! Make it as impossible to miss as a billboard 

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

From one PvP guild's perspective, we want:

1) A central EK where we can build all the infrastructure buffs that will follow us into a CW.  Is guild size going to be regulated by EK infrastructure?  How many parcels will we need to slot the maximum number of buffs? There are lots of questions about this, and guildmates who want to contribute but have no idea what resources would be helpful to get and then contribute to a guild-wide effort.

2) A way to aggregate all of the stuff that we have over a hundred accounts.  We would rather have a small but dense and visual interesting EK.  If we can trade in all the random parcels and small castles for bigger capacity parcels, then life is good.  Right now the store disables redemption of parcels and strongholds, and maybe there is a clever way to allow this that is unlinked from massive VIP purchases.

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

If balanced right, the War Machine is exhorbidantly expensive, as it should be...  a siege event with a chance of success should cost 100s in real world currency equivalent, 100s of thousands of dust.   It is this cost that drives a successful guild to export from campaigns for the purpose of trade to accumulate the assets needed to siege... driving the EK economy.  

Trading within the CWs is risky and unlikely to reach a larger market beyond the single faction.   Expect this....  we would have to build up to siege cost that could be beyond the reach of even a large guild's single campaign income.   In reality, after soft launch the siege engine recipe unlock is possible a month or two out.  The first CWs could simply be economic races without sieges.   

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I have a couple of concerns about this:

1. It sounds like you're expecting guilds to trust their guild leader enough to send him/her real world money (almost as much as the cost of the game) to purchase group housing for the guild.  This doesn't sound likely, and it doesn't sound like it's going to generate much income for ACE as a result.  It seems far more likely that a guild will have a couple of big spenders who buy group housing and the guild leader allocates them space in the leader's EK (which becomes the guild EK by consensus) to plop it down.  And that group housing is very unlikely to be a mountain citadel.  Yes, all this can be made from in-game materials, but exporting the crap materials in quantities vast enough to build a mountain citadel seems even less likely.
  2. It still feels like EKs are divorced from the game proper.  You keep saying there's an inter-relation, but we're not seeing it.  It's glorified oversized instanced housing.  Which is fine in and of itself - lots of games do well with instanced housing and prettifying them via the cash shop.  But that's not what you're advertising.  You're saying the EKs are a vital part of the economy, and that doesn't seem to mesh at all with what you're saying about import and export rules on CWs.  If there are a lot of no-import CWs, then EKs and items produced there are effectively meaningless.  And if that stuff is meaningless, then exporting goods from CWs is also meaningless.  And given that increased exports are the rewards for winning a CW, we run into the case where winning only matters for bragging rights (again, that's probably good enough reason to try to win, but it doesn't match what you're advertising).    It feels like CWs are going to need to have fairly generous import rules if the EKs and production of goods in EKs, and exporting goods is to matter.

Edited by durenthal

19 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

after the number of people i've seen put off over the store prices via twitch, youtube, twitter, reddit and discord.... YES

People are paying several hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars for ships in Star Citizen - it this really that different? 

Edited by blazzen