Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kuvajokeri

Plans for cross-platform support

Here's a simple question: what (if any) are the plans for cross-platform support when it comes to the game? Personally I am most interested in a possible Linux client, but I realize what a small niche I am part of.

Also, if there are no plans for supporting PC platforms beyond Windows, what are the developers' views on software such as Wine?

It would be great if for once an MMO comes out on Windows / Linux / OSX at the same time.

ma-sig.png
Merketh: "If you are looking for a loot grind that's equivalent to PvE raid experiences of other MMO's, where you max your ilevel, wait for the next content patch, rinse repeat then this is absolutely not the game for you."

Yeah I hope there will be a linux client or at least that it'll work fine in Wine. I don't have any Windows OS on my machine. Shadowbane is working nicely on wine

Make an OS X client.

Come'on there's tons of people who have macs nowadays it would be such a waste for them to be unable to play the game  :( Like me.

Most major MMOrpgs support mac anyway look at: WoW, EVE, Wakfu, Second life, Guild Wars 2 and FFXiV (in march) just to name a few.

Make an OS X client.

Come'on there's tons of people who have macs nowadays it would be such a waste for them to be unable to play the game  :( Like me.

Most major MMOrpgs support mac anyway look at: WoW, EVE, Wakfu, Second life, Guild Wars 2 and FFXiV (in march) just to name a few.

Also, not everyone who is running OSX is running a Mac with just Intel graphics. There are a lot of us with higher end Macs that have Nvidia graphics and hackintoshs.

Aftermath

Welcome to The Bastion

What if you can play the game on a Chromebook? That'd be legendary. I kind of doubt it will though.

Would be a horrible experience. You will need a good CPU and/or GPU for this game.

Chromebooks are all about battery life and low powered tasks.

Aftermath

Welcome to The Bastion

Would be a horrible experience. You will need a good CPU and/or GPU for this game.

Chromebooks are all about battery life and low powered tasks.

Yeah I hear a lot about how bad Chromebook is with MMO Gaming...which sucks. They're super cheap though sooooo yeah.....

ϟhαdσwßłαdə

Make an OS X client.

Don't forget Wiz :P Although it was released much after, they do have it available on Mac. So because of that, that might be a sign he will make it compatible in this game??? Who knows

Don't forget Wiz :P Although it was released much after, they do have it available on Mac. So because of that, that might be a sign he will make it compatible in this game??? Who knows

The "Mac Version" of Wizard101 is nothing more than a shined up package of W101 for Windows bundled together with Wine, and consequently, performance is barely acceptable on any Mac more than 2-3 years old. We have yet to see KI actually create a real Mac port of either W101 or P101.

On the other hand, ArtCraft is a new totally different company. Hopefully we'll see them follow the examples of other majorly successful game devs such as Blizzard and Riot, by investing in a dedicated team of Unix developers.

Pm4QhLs.png

I hope the only cross platforms they think of doing are computer based. Please don't  port to consoles etc. 

I hope that they mainly focus on computers too but FFXiV was really well made on consoles ;)

I do not think clash of clans or angry birds is what they are going for. Please just keep it on the PC/MAC

I didn't come to think of the fact the topic might seem like a call for a mobile port. While making it, I was mainly thinking about other computer operating systems, obviously mainly Linux and OSX.