Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building Placement Fail

Hey guys,

I've decided to spend some time on fixing my EK when I noticed I got the Throne room building. However each time i try and place it ( which seems impossible on itself)  I get the message "Building placement Fail" Slope at the desired placement location was too steep for the building.  I've tried raising / lowering the building, rotating. different parcels and locations but cannot seem to find a single ( let alone easy / accessible)  place to place the throne room. Can anyone explain why this is so difficult. what i should watch for why there's no easy(er) way of placing the buildings ? The one ( and only ) time i managed to place it was within the forest. After placing it i could not get rid of any of the threes clipping through the throne room and decided to remove it, chop the threes and replace it ( resulting in the same issue again)

54 minutes ago, digipyro said:

Can anyone explain why this is so difficult. what i should watch for why there's no easy(er) way of placing the buildings ?

Partially because buildig placement isn't fully developed yet. There are some cells that can't hold buildings currently. If you find such a place which should allow placement but don't, i would suggest to make a screenshot and post it in the according bug report thread.

Since it seems to affect only cells and not always a whole parcel, you can try to place your building on another cell of this parcel. Sometimes it's also just a matter of adjusting the parcel height and position.

Anyways, good luck.

Edited by Kraahk

Thanks for your reply ! I guess I will hold off for a bit with the lodge then, the other building ( cottage) is a lot easier to place :). I could take a lot of screenshots of possible blue spots that show me this error but i guess since you guys are still working on it, it would be better to wait till you guys are in further progress. 

Anyone else having problems getting pieces to join together?  I was making a square with my stone wall segments and for some reason I couldnt complete the bailey.  On each of the sides the walls wouldnt continue and I would have a space about the size of a doorway.

Since we have your attention i though I'd report the gate as broken too :P. You cannot enter the red part but the blue part seems to be fine. 

gate_zpsgkmwiapk.jpg

And here is the placement fail. regardless of which parcel / where it seems to always fail. I managed to place it backwards now but there's a 99 % chance of failure when trying to place it anywhere like this. 

building%20mode_zpsoljtlasz.jpg

10 hours ago, zolaz said:

Anyone else having problems getting pieces to join together?  I was making a square with my stone wall segments and for some reason I couldnt complete the bailey.  On each of the sides the walls wouldnt continue and I would have a space about the size of a doorway.

Yeah, I had a few places that it just refused to connect when logically it should. I also wanted to put three corner units together to make a tower type corner (the proper name escapes me at the moment) and you cannot connect a corner piece to a wall piece at angles, only straight.

Nothing is impossible, but some things are very expensive.

6 hours ago, digipyro said:

Since we have your attention

Thanks for the compliment, but i am simply a player, just like you. So my attention won't help a lot. The "ACE Development Partner" stamp only refers to the access to a special Q&A forum that comes with a ruby package. While i am happy to help with any questions and know a lot about the game, please report bugs always in the bug report area to increase the visibility for the devs.

13 hours ago, zolaz said:

Anyone else having problems getting pieces to join together?

3 hours ago, penlowe said:

Yeah, I had a few places that it just refused to connect when logically it should. I also wanted to put three corner units together to make a tower type corner (the proper name escapes me at the moment) and you cannot connect a corner piece to a wall piece at angles, only straight.

This can have several reasons. The most common is that we did something wrong. And with 'we' i mean 'us players'. It could be a bug, though. But most times it is not.

The above problems could for example base on the wrong usage of diagonal wall parts, mistakes during placement, just be impossible due to regular building rules or indeed be a known or unknown bug. Based on the descriptions i can't really tell you. It simply depends on the details.

Those are best shown by a screenshot while in building mode.

Edited by Kraahk

I wasn't sure it was a bug, only an unexpected limitation on a pieces flexibility. 

And I second the desire for being able to mirror or reverse pieces (especially corners), maybe I want my wall to have all curved intersections instead of hard corners.

Nothing is impossible, but some things are very expensive.

Sometimes restarting your EK can solve some placement issues. I've seen situations where an item was showing Blue as though it could be placed but it wasn't working, and then I let my EK close and restarted it and then it worked fine.

IhhQKY6.gif

• 6 months later...

Building and plot placement as a whole is a bit hit and miss at the moment. Sometimes a building will highlight red multiple times and then suddenly go blue to allow placement. You even have to sometimes micro adjust a position in an area that should quite easily fit the piece you are trying to place

Edited by Badwolfe
spelling error
uGlR0Ph.png