Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Status

Could someone please tell me what the current status of the game is?  Are we in Pre Alpha, Alpha 1, 2, 3 or Beta?  Do we have any release date details?  I and some friends are thinking about pledging. 

Thank you,

Asgard

Welcome to the forums.

The current game status  is Pre-Alpha 5.1

More informations here and here.

You can participate in the current tests immediately if you are entitled for beta 2 or higher (game status and playtest access level are not the same thing). To get beta 2 access, you have to reach a sum total of 69$ in the shop or use a pledge package with this entitlement.

Soft launch (no more wipes) is scheduled for the end of 2017. Commercial launch will be later (not scheduled yet, but most likely somewhen in 2018).

Edited by Kraahk

Currently pre-alpha. If you see some footage you can see that truthfully we could say it is in alpha but the DEvs still call it pre-alpha. I believe that since we will see CW and 24/7 servers soon we will change to alpha officially.

About release dates it is planned to soft launch (base game ready but not exactly complete) in the end of the year.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Just adding for clarification: Pre-Alpha has been defined by ACE as the stage of development in which Crowfall tests will only contain parts of the future game. Alpha will be the first try to get it all together (and see what breaks). Beta will be fine tuning.

Edited by Kraahk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right now when I log in on the test weekends, I don't see very many people and the test doesn't look anything like the gameplay videos I have seen on youtube by random users.  Am I missing something? 

Asgard

13 minutes ago, AsgardFox said:

Right now when I log in on the test weekends, I don't see very many people and the test doesn't look anything like the gameplay videos I have seen on youtube by random users.  Am I missing something? 

Asgard

it varies by patch. some patches are fairly unstable, so after initial bug reporting some testers will want to wait for the next one (or simply just popping in to check out new things)

and obviously catching "prime time" amounts of people in is tricky or luck (or varies by your region or time)

people aren't going to be on 24/7 for the main 3-4 day test window. there are also a number of different servers.

i imagine most of the videos are from people in guilds that have a greater control over fielding in numbers or knowing when it is busy with others

[also the videos may have been older versions and maps?]

Edited by Tinnis

Thank you for the quick response!  Well another thing I see in the videos is a character selection menu and all sorts of GUI interface Enhancements that I'm not seeing when I get in...

If we have access now we have access right?  I mean there isn't any elevated access at this point for higher lvl pledges that are seeing stuff that I am not correct?

Thanks again,

Asgard

1 minute ago, AsgardFox said:

Thank you for the quick response!  Well another thing I see in the videos is a character selection menu and all sorts of GUI interface Enhancements that I'm not seeing when I get in...

If we have access now we have access right?  I mean there isn't any elevated access at this point for higher lvl pledges that are seeing stuff that I am not correct?

Thanks again,

Asgard

it just sounds like you are looking at some old version videos

everyone is currently in to the same version for tests

here is youtube search for crowfall ordered by most recent...

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=Crowfall&sp=CAI%3D

Yes maybe I'm doing something wrong....

Okay in the Crowfall Client Download Section they have the Live Environment and the Test Environment.  Which one am I supposed to be loading up and logging into?

Thanks again,

Asgard

6 minutes ago, AsgardFox said:

Yes maybe I'm doing something wrong....

Okay in the Crowfall Client Download Section they have the Live Environment and the Test Environment.  Which one am I supposed to be loading up and logging into?

Thanks again,

Asgard

currently only the 'test' one has campaign world servers up

[but would be worth downloading them both probably]

both versions will let you jump into an eternal kingdom [either your own or others] to practice things if no campaign world is up

51 minutes ago, AsgardFox said:

Asgard

Apply to any of the solid alpha guilds (or make your own) and you'll find more opportunities to participate in the larger (or what passes for larger currently) fights. Those are by far the most fun.