Pann

Pre-Alpha 5 Live! for July - Official discussion thread

7 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

The other Live! segment is more of an interactive Q+A around a specific topic or two. (Last month was racial disciplines)

Can I preemptively ask a question about the Physics Engine? I think you said it broke during Siege Perilous, but didn't have time to fix it cause you were working on Big World. Has the engine since been fixed, or is it still somewhere on the list of things to do?

1 hour ago, coolster50 said:

Can I preemptively ask a question about the Physics Engine? I think you said it broke during Siege Perilous, but didn't have time to fix it cause you were working on Big World. Has the engine since been fixed, or is it still somewhere on the list of things to do?

That there is a bloody good question, that warrants a response.

Some follow up questions if you have a chance...

1. Crafting:
    1. Has the PCM issues been addressed in 5.2?
    2. Has Jewelry been enabled so gems actually provide statistical enhancements now in 5.2?
    3. Will Vessels be equipable in 5.2?
    4. Has Leather Armor Layers been fixed to provide enhancements?
    5. With the reveal that Classes will have default armor types instead of all 3, will the Armors receive a balancing? The current system seems to heavily weigh against Plate.
  2. Cleric:
    1. Are we close to getting the Cleric added as a playable class?
    2. I presume that the Cleric won't have to carry around a 100 hammers to keep em chucking right? (poor Rangers)
    3. Do you anticipate releasing the Cleric before the skills wipe? If so, will any of the Legionnaire skill training transfer to Cleric?
    4. If the Cleric isn't ready for the first CW, will we still have the Legionnaire as an option or will the Druid be the only Support Class available?
    5. Can you give us more details about "aura healing" toggles anticipated for the Cleric?
  3. Assassin:
    1. Are we close to getting the Assassin added as a playable class?
  4. Campaign World:
    1. It appears that the first CW will be on the new Test Server. Does that mean that the "live" servers will not be launched until after the first CW is brought down?

Hey TBlair you shoulda have explained the class armor stuff properly. It seems classes will be locked to certain armors and we will need to use Discs to open others? If i am not wrong you named them armor mastery discs.

Will we see a new Disc slot for armor mastery? I would like that. You can either invest in your base class armor or change. Just like a Weapon mastery Disc.

PS: Thanks Zybak for the YouTube video.

Edited by BarriaKarl

42 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Hey TBlair you shoulda have explained the class armor stuff properly. It seems classes will be locked to certain armors and we will need to use Discs to open others? If i am not wrong you named them armor mastery discs.

Will we see a new Disc slot for armor mastery? I would like that. You can either invest in your base class armor or change. Just like a Weapon mastery Disc.

PS: Thanks Zybak for the YouTube video.

+1 for a new mastery slot.

With all of the competing major/minor runes, I would also like to see an armor mastery slot, and not have this be a major/minor rune.  It would be nice because then ACE could have different armor mastery discs for each type of armor (bring back cloth like in SB too!).  Which for all of the "mana starved" confessors, a mana % regen cloth armor could be a good way to go for a build; make them squishier but able to sustain damage longer.  Other things they could add to differing armor mastery slots are things like lowering PCM, or increased speed.  There are quite a few options I can think about that would make it possible to have 3 leather armor mastery discs, 3 chain/scale mastery discs and 3 plate discs.

At first the announcement of class armor types was a disappointment, but hopefully they can go a route that gives more to the builds than actually limits.

Here's an extra thought, I loved the cloth hoods in Shadowbane, not only were they functional, but they looked good too.  Bring back hoods with good regen stats, that would make it a really hard decision to go with full x armor or 3 pieces of armor + a cloth hood.

With Burrow being enabled as a racial ability, is there any chance we will see more race options opening up for the duelist with an alternative stealth option similar to the assassin's? 

I for one found the entirety of the live stream interesting. It's one thing to know a change occurred. These give us a chance to understand the logic behind it. At several points, they explained why the changes had been done, even if they occurred a month ago. I found those answers enlightening. 

Most of the questions I saw in the thread were balance concerns, which were rightfully ignored.

This video basically outright stated that skill tree balance is in the queue to be wiped clean and redone with an eye towards that balance. It's coming!

Either way, I hope they continue to do this. People are complaining about past patch notes being covered, but the insight behind changes is what's most interesting to me. Keep doing those!

i dont see the value in the armor restrictions. what happened to "armor for all"?

we need more detail on this. what starts with what? is it a new armor discipline slot to unlock further - or does it use a major/minor? how much crafting and resources are required and what really will be the benefits of bothering?

the expose change seems heavy handed (expose could already counterattack knock down through parry/block) and doesn't account for the differences between templar and the knight, another sweeping change that damages more than the initial target...(like healing weapon values or soulpower etc).

your logic seemed to be that cleric and templar's mix of healing and block was too strong...but what about knight there as a side casualty (with knight block being no where near as good or fun to use as templar parry)

guin knight will have no stamina after burrowing, another side effect of stamina knight...

p.s. please never again do a monthly segment on patch notes and read off patch notes that are 4-6 weeks ago...we are sick of this patch enough at this point...that first part of this stream was literally painful to sit through until you reached the new 5.2 patch teases and QAs

1 hour ago, PhatPingu said:

Where is the video??? :/

Edited by Tinnis

4 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

i dont see the value in the armor restrictions. what happened to "armor for all"?

we need more detail on this. what starts with what? is it a new armor discipline slot to unlock further - or does it use a major/minor? how much crafting and resources are required and what really will be the benefits of bothering?

the expose change seems heavy handed (expose could already counterattack knock down through parry/block) and doesn't account for the differences between templar and the knight, another sweeping change that damages more than the initial target...(like healing weapon values or soulpower etc).

your logic seemed to be that cleric and templar's mix of healing and block was too strong...but what about knight there as a side casualty (with knight block being no where near as good or fun to use as templar parry)

guin knight will have no stamina after burrowing, another side effect of stamina knight...

p.s. please never again do a monthly segment on patch notes and read off patch notes that are 4-6 weeks ago...we are sick of this patch enough at this point...that first part of this stream was literally painful to sit through until you reached the new 5.2 patch teases and QAs

The value is making people have to pick and choose how to customize their character.  Giving them significant choices to pick.  Eseentially making choices matter.

6 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

Thx dude!!!
How nice of you! :)

On ‎11‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 10:27 PM, zolaz said:

WTB more Lightning, less hammer.

Lightning for a healer? Are you kidding me? Healer is about sunrays and blue skies ... consider everything else nasty witchcraft and dark magic. And hammer with shield is classic (a good hammering, but not blood-spilling), but 2h-hammer is pagan!

Edited by Askari

More smite less healer.  Since CF doesn't like firehose healing, just go more long ranged AoE damage.  I will be more than happy to rain some nasty witchcraft and dark magic from outside of melee range.

On 7/11/2017 at 10:09 AM, Pann said:

The monthly stream returns with designers Thomas Blair and Mark Halash discussing 'big ticket' changes to the game

FULL STORY

At 36-minutes into the stream - at that timestamp into the Twitch archived recording at least - Mark was about to list the handful of ranged powers that will be impacted by the melee changed, but Blair interrupted him and he did not go back to it. Any chance we could get that list from him? He said it was short. Thank-you! :)

2 hours ago, Anthrage said:

At 36-minutes into the stream - at that timestamp into the Twitch archived recording at least - Mark was about to list the handful of ranged powers that will be impacted by the melee changed, but Blair interrupted him and he did not go back to it. Any chance we could get that list from him? He said it was short. Thank-you! :)

there werent any changes for druid power targeting (e.g. call storm, spark or gaeas wail) from what i understand [or any changes at all for druids in 5.2 beyond a tooltip labelling error i pointed out to them now that mitigation are capped at 75% so ironwood body's label of 90% was no longer accurate]

¬_¬

Edited by Tinnis