Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Look: New EK Assets

22 minutes ago, SirGeorge said:

When your a PvP guy and see that so many people are stoked on an EK update. 

giphy.gif

don't worry Sir George I will be hunting down everyone's secret inner-sanctum, and violating it. 

I mean, these will be in the CWs too.

Those hollow walls should allow some nice ranged play during sieges. Also fun, creative guard placement.

If you're not excited about that kind of thing then you're only scratching the surface of that the game aims to be.

I just had to come by to say that my Inner Child is screaming with joy again!  I'm waiting for the day when I can finally place a castle and keep and explore/build around it.

I'm loving the potential for diversity these additional lego pieces will have on Campaign World generation.

EDIT: Also will we have these pieces auto-injected into our spirit banks, or do we need to wait on a reset in order to re-consume the stronghold pieces packs?

Edited by Wabice
Because why not?

<BOT> Wabice, a.k.a. Florida Man, a.k.a. JOHN CENA, a.k.a. Heid D'Salaami, a.k.a. ...

Florida Man Wins Hunger Dome Match.  Performs Victory Fire Dance.  Dies.

interesting improvements for tactics and gameplay options from the new pieces

you people in the thread need to chill, assets like this are built primarily around the CW in mind not the EKs.

Who needs walls and defenses in the EK (banish your enemies into the parcel void between worlds instead or kick them to lock out their inventory or in progress crafting...!)

given power ranges and mechanics we had issues say in siege perilous for ranged and combat around say walls

i hope you will fix powers that dont need line of sight tho eg hellfire blast or parkour tornados

can people teleport inside or through or to the top of such walls? (or fix space jump climbing)

i hope the camera and ground target aimed powers will be able to deal with these....

(or new wall CC: centaur booty blind)

i really bope you fix the targetting of ground powers on structures for the test cw or druid going to have serious issues - currently impossible to reliably use powers in such areas

ranger suppress shot too 

Edited by Tinnis

This stuff is cool, but when you cant conquer EK assets or destroy them, the cool new options don't really matter.

Will these same assets be available as choices to build in the campaign worlds? Or will the campaign world always be rebuilding whatever the developers placed in the world?

I really have high hopes that this game could be the successor to SB and DF as the ultimate sandbox siege game but prebuilt castles to repair seems more like a theme park and not like a sandbox.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

56 minutes ago, Brightdance said:

Hey Bikininail, PvP guy here, what are tactical elements? and can I throw them at people?

Actually yes. A tactical element would be choosing to throw fireballs or arrows. Tactics is literally choosing how to fight a battle.

This is a good update that: 1) changes the way the game is played 2) gives players more choices on how to play it 3) diversifies the world's appearance.

Edited by Holyvigil

21 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

i hope you will fix powers that dont need line of sight tho eg hellfire blast or parkour tornados

can people teleport inside or through or to the top of such walls? (or fix space jump climbing)

i hope the camera and ground target aimed powers will be able to deal with these....

(or new wall CC: centaur booty blind)

I'm hoping for a passwall type skill like the assassins had in SB (Shadowbane not spirit bank); which would fit really nicely with the original concept of burrow.  However we need to limit the vertical movement of blinks/burrows etc, without infringing on the added game play it gives away from castles.  The answer I believe can be found in another SB mechanic, and those are the towers.  Place towers in your city that will NOT allow any type of teleporting/blinking/burrowing.  SB had flight, and they had a no-flight tower, in CF that could be a no-glide tower, depending on how powerful glide is on Fae's.  Limit each city to 2 or 3 of these towers (for large cities) and forts would be allowed 1.  Then we continue the play, counter-play the game is giving us.

I share your concerns on the list I quoted; and I do believe that this update is just as valid for CWs as it is for EKs.

lUvvzPy.png

Good stuff.  More building blocks makes for emergent design.  I fully expect we'll see new gameplay aspects from these seemingly simple additions.

On another note, it's been a while since I've seen this many whiny babies show up in the same thread.  To them, I say:  Grow up.  This is how the sausage gets made.  You will get your game in spite of your less-than-helpful bellyaching.  I dare anyone who feels like whining to start a project (any creative project!) of your own.  You will quickly remember how much time and effort creation takes.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

1 hour ago, PaleOne said:

This stuff is cool, but when you cant conquer EK assets or destroy them, the cool new options don't really matter.

Will these same assets be available as choices to build in the campaign worlds? Or will the campaign world always be rebuilding whatever the developers placed in the world?

I really have high hopes that this game could be the successor to SB and DF as the ultimate sandbox siege game but prebuilt castles to repair seems more like a theme park and not like a sandbox.

I think the latest from ACE was: they plan to do custom built castles in the Dregs just like the EK currently has, only the faction rulesets will have prebuilt castles that you repair.

I like the new EK blocks, I look forward to messing around with them.  As a PvP guy I look forward to seeing a Mountain Citadel in flames as I contemplate all the time, resources and prestige being consumed.

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, Nazdar said:

On another note, it's been a while since I've seen this many whiny babies show up in the same thread.  To them, I say:  Grow up.  This is how the sausage gets made.  You will get your game in spite of your less-than-helpful bellyaching.  I dare anyone who feels like whining to start a project (any creative project!) of your own.  You will quickly remember how much time and effort creation takes.

Looking at the profile of the people wanting more than EK fluff, yeah for sure they are whinning babies and are less-than-helpful bellyaching and don't have understand how a game is made <_<

You like this news? fine. Don't except everyone to be on your side and show some respect.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile