Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Curious about other people's download speeds for patching

I'm downloading patch 5.1.1. right now and my download speeds are crazy. It says I have 6 downloads. The first was downloading at about 2.5 to 3 mB/s and was taking extremely long to download. Now the second is moving along at a whopping 355 kB/s (yes this is sarcasm). its taking about 20 minutes to download a 500 MB patch. I'm used to seeing speeds around 10 mB/s on steam and even better on Origin and battle.net. My phone usually downloads 500 MB in about 3 minutes. 

So while I'm waiting for the download I figured I would ask other people what kind of speeds they are getting when downloading the patches? it will give as all something to compare to.

I just wanted to add that I significantly sped up my download speeds on the second download by pausing the download for about 10 seconds and then resuming it. It went from the 355 kB/s download back to the 3 mB/s speed which changed the second download to a couple of minutes instead of the 20 minutes it originally was going to take. So if you are experiencing an unusually slow download try pausing and then resuming the download.