Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Q&A Live: Race & Class demos - Official discussion thread

Pann

4 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

for those that just want to listen to the QA and dev speak

(e.g. listening on your phone doing other stuff etc)

the following podcast rss feed for the mp3 audio only will suit you

or a brower direct mp3 file link if you want to stream or download manually

Now this deserves a like or 3. I am traveling today and now I know how I'll entertain myself for a bit.

7 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

Now this deserves a like or 3. I am traveling today and now I know how I'll entertain myself for a bit.

only recently learned the method. going to do the same for 12h :)

[i rip live music from twitch to a private rss feed for my commutes and my other podcast addictions hah]

p.s. heres a wood-elf ranger with camouflage and teleport...

Edited by Tinnis

28 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Watched just a bit in the end. The volume was too low. I thought it was in my end but now that i am listening to some music it seems the problem was in the stream.

Waiting for zybak to upload the YT video now.

There is a volume setting in the twitch window, on the bottom left. That may have been too low.

12 minutes ago, Arkade said:

There is a volume setting in the twitch window, on the bottom left. That may have been too low.

I Maxed that. Listening to the Podcast Tinnis posted is the same. Honestly since my original headphone is broken and i am using one i found around my house it can be in my end, but since i can listen to music loud enough to mute my surrounding it seems they have room for upgrade too. It is easier to try to increase the volume in their end and to us to play it down than risk the sound being low to some users.

I mean it is nothing major i just thought it was a good feedback.

Nice Q&A showing changes planned for 5.3 :)

I realise with the complete overall of the various trees that there will indeed be need for a wipe, however is there any chance for pip points allocation based on a pre wipe snapshot which can then be reallocated by testers for 5.3?  Some weightings may be required to account for the longer research periods.

Personally, I only have a few weeks invested so far so it's not a major issue either way for me; just something that might assist in providing quicker feedback to the game changes made from backers that already have a lot longer experience.

Further along, this could be useful in the event you consider allowing respec'ing (at a cost eg store purchase) to allow players a more dynamic way to find the race/class/build that best suits their playstyle or just fancy a change.

I missed it and I'm watching it now, but it doesn't start of well tbh.

I'm not a fan of crafting bonuses on race skill trees. It feels as if they gave combat users a lot more diversity with the race/class split, but they took that away from the crafters.

I'm hoping the rest of the video makes me a bit happier.

So far I don't like these changes at all..

Tying race choice to crafting is confining. If you want to be the best at something you need to choose a specific race.

Limiting choices is bad. Freedom is good.

Also it looks like the skill trees still require you to complete every skill to get to the end of the tree.

What if Im a guniciean who doesn't want to craft? or i want to craft something different. Am I forced to spend time training things i don't want ot need to get to things i do?

Specialization is good but let us make choices to specialize and be individuals.

It would be so much better to not have trees at all, just a table of skills and you accumulate skill points over time you can allocate as you like.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

I just realized something, they moved the "Stealth" tree to under race; so does that mean we can't train stealth on just any character, but it will be limited to only a specific few races?  That's really disheartening.  I was really looking forward to a few stealth skills that would be like the SB stealth at a reduced rate for no stealth classes.

Edit* NVM I'm an idiot and need to keep watching before posting. :D

Edited by Teufel

lUvvzPy.png