Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Q&A Live: Race & Class demos - Official discussion thread

Pann

Maybe someone that does grave digging can answer this for me: do Elken body parts currently come from Elven/Sylvan graves?  In the future will grave digging and the "race training" align with each other?

lUvvzPy.png

30 minutes ago, Teufel said:

Maybe someone that does grave digging can answer this for me: do Elken body parts currently come from Elven/Sylvan graves?  In the future will grave digging and the "race training" align with each other?

'monster'

https://www.crowfall.com/en/news/grave-digging-slightly-more-advanced-harvesting/

• Human graves – Produce Human desiccated body parts.
  • Elven graves – Produce Elven desiccated body parts.
  • Stoneborn graves - Produce Stoneborn desiccated body parts.
  • Guinecean graves – Produce Guinecean desiccated body parts.
  • Monster graves – Produce Monster race (Centaur, Elkin, and Minotaur) desiccated body parts, as well as Human desiccated body parts.

Edited by Tinnis

2 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

I Maxed that. Listening to the Podcast Tinnis posted is the same. Honestly since my original headphone is broken and i am using one i found around my house it can be in my end, but since i can listen to music loud enough to mute my surrounding it seems they have room for upgrade too. It is easier to try to increase the volume in their end and to us to play it down than risk the sound being low to some users.

I mean it is nothing major i just thought it was a good feedback.

is the volume slider on your browser lower than say your music playback program? <shrug>

AOO7UdN.png

The night/day cycle was the best part imo.  There is so much potential to do interesting things with light.  For instance, I feel like caravans should come with mandatory lanterns that illuminate a wide circle around them.  Most spells should emit light.  Heck, even weapons could spark when they hit.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

11 minutes ago, Nazdar said:

The night/day cycle was the best part imo.  There is so much potential to do interesting things with light.  For instance, I feel like caravans should come with mandatory lanterns that illuminate a wide circle around them.  Most spells should emit light.  Heck, even weapons could spark when they hit.

i wonder if the nights will get longer as we go into winter....

dark is dark!

e114e3d9acef341142240014fbfba7ec.png

p.s. centuars get to wear x2 sets of boots, pimp. [guin get an extra ring slot too...on the tail i hope]

firefox_2017-07-18_17-21-37.png

new stat windows

character_sheet.jpg
firefox_2017-07-18_17-27-19.png

mino

NVIDIA_Share_2017-07-18_17-49-08.png

different races may have different inventory sizes (bag slots)

NVIDIA_Share_2017-07-18_18-04-18.png

wood-elf ranger with camouflage

tEwtHaO.png

race trees (there were further sub trees)

4V7xdpx.png

Edited by Tinnis

42 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

is the volume slider on your browser lower than say your music playback program? <shrug>

AOO7UdN.png

Nope. Not that.

I downloaded the audio using the link you provided in the previous page and after amplifying it using a program (Audacity) i can hear them perfectly. Thanks for that.

Still waiting for the YT link video though.

Just heard that camouflage doesnt hide the health bar or name tag while moving (Predator mode). That is kinda of pointless.

If it is possible you guys could only make those visible when in combat. Could also give us a option of hiding them from our vision (even if said person is in combat) since we have other ways to read them: The party UI for friends and the Icon that appears on Top for enemies.

I just think that all those name tags and whatnot are super ugly. Pls give me a option to hide them.

17 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Just heard that camouflage doesnt hide the health bar or name tag while moving (Predator mode). That is kinda of pointless.

If it is possible you guys could only make those visible when in combat. Could also give us a option of hiding them from our vision (even if said person is in combat) since we have other ways to read them: The party UI for friends and the Icon that appears on Top for enemies.

I just think that all those name tags and whatnot are super ugly. Pls give me a option to hide them.

That could be an interesting campaign level setting. Name tags on/off.

On the TBlair image below it reads as class > race > gender, which I find odd. 

1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

character_sheet.jpg

Ticky, but I feel it would be more user friendly and rational to list as race > gender > class, no? Or do vessels set this all on its metaphorical head?

How are yall going to rework arrows for the post spirit bank era, as it sits currently if you die with all your stacks on currently you would lose every arrow you have severely gimping the ranger, I'm just curious because I don't know if y'all see it as an issue yet.

3UkxDyg.png

Serious note: that was a great video. Especially when it's been so long since a major patch, it's good to see the in-progress stuff we have to look forward to.

42 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

On the TBlair image below it reads as class > race > gender, which I find odd. 

Ticky, but I feel it would be more user friendly and rational to list as race > gender > class, no? Or do vessels set this all on its metaphorical head?

I think [Race] - [Class] only would be good. I dont see the point of the gender. It has no impact gameplay-wise and IMO no one will ever go " Wait, what gender am i again?".

59 minutes ago, Avloren said:

3UkxDyg.png

Serious note: that was a great video. Especially when it's been so long since a major patch, it's good to see the in-progress stuff we have to look forward to.

i dont think they properly grasped or answered the arrow question (literally just goes bla bla bla when reading out near end of the question) but ive already talked through that at length on the forum both recently and for months

35m 45s for arrow question

http://ia801506.us.archive.org/32/items/18thJuly2017QALiveRaceClassDemosV160079751/18th july 2017 QA Live Race Class demos v160079751.mp3

my tldr maths is just using arrows is the resource equilviant of a confessor having to craft an advanced book after 10 mins of fighting and spend 20 minites harvesting and crafting again. that excludes your arrows being looted.

Edited by Tinnis

For the record I didn't intend that pic to be necessarily critical or approving.

Blair seems to think the arrow system will feel better when we're doing a real, bigger campaign with less dying, banking and vessel changes, etc. I'm willing to wait and see how that works out.

Edited by Avloren

8 minutes ago, Avloren said:

For the record I didn't intend that pic to be necessarily critical or approving.

Blair seems to think the arrow system will feel better when we're doing a real, bigger campaign with less dying, banking and vessel changes, etc. I'm willing to wait and see how that works out.

and im saying even outside of the context of dying and inventory looting: arrows are a huge issue already.

they are trying to be both a short term combat resource and a long term gear and campaign resource managment and it doesnt work to do this conflicting goals without trivialising or breaking the other

need quivers with durability and a fps style magazine combat resource system with active reloading imo

Edited by Tinnis

The whole arrow issue can be addressed with tuning. They could just make it to where the quivers are bigger and you craft 4x as many arrows per craft.

That is if it actually does end up being too overbearing when we're playing the game loop with factories.

Most changes are great. I don't say positive things enough, so great work.

As much as a I like the darkness, could you please brighten it up. I say this because if you leave it this dark, it will lead players to exploit giving them an advantage over those who don't exploit. Played Rust?

Knight needs a third stat pool. I feel like you just don't want to go back on the "Stam Warrior" change.