Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

02/05/15 - Day 4 - Assassin Vs Gryphon

Why would that matter?

Do you have any idea how many guys play female characters, and how many girls play male characters?  It happens a LOT.  I never assume that the character gender is the gender of the person playing...again, it's a game.

Here some quotes of an interesting article about this subject :

" The researchers found that the men were more than three times as likely as the women to gender-switch (23 percent vs. 7 percent). "

" These men used more emotional phrases and more exclamation points than the men who did not gender-switch. In other words, these men created female avatars that were stereotypically beautiful and emotional. "

In fact, it’s all about the butts. Because players see their avatars from a third-person perspective from behind, men are confronted with whether they want to stare at a guy’s butt or a girl’s butt for 20 hours a week. "

Edited by courant101

Here some quotes of an interesting article about this subject :

" The researchers found that the men were more than three times as likely as the women to gender-switch (23 percent vs. 7 percent). "

Guess I am from 76% left then.

" These men used more emotional phrases and more exclamation points than the men who did not gender-switch. In other words, these men created female avatars that were stereotypically beautiful and emotional. "

Posing as someone influence mind, even when it's that simple of a role. Most players does not notice it.

In fact, it’s all about the butts. Because players see their avatars from a third-person perspective from behind, men are confronted with whether they want to stare at a guy’s butt or a girl’s butt for 20 hours a week. "

This argument again. Yes, if I have to choose I'd say girl's. I do not stare at my avatar's butt, though. I look at world, data, positioning, cool shoulder pads, other characters, hideous monsters... etc. I have no idea why I should stare at my avatar's butt. I seriously doubt it's a good idea. Both hardcore games I know who choose constantly female avatars are very strange people. Actually, one of them downright unstable. The one who presented me with argument above for the first time. 

No, I do not think it is always the case.

I know a lot of players who do not care at all how their avatar look. In fact, majority of gamers I know. They are much more concerned what game mechanics this or that class allows and do not care about gender at all. So I'll side with Cheyenne and say all kinds of gender-bender in games happens for so many reason that character's ass is hardly major cause for that.

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

Question:  In regards to the tattoos visible on the Fae Assassin's leg - will those be selected at character creation? 

Or will it be possible to add "trophies" to our bodies over time to mark successes in campaigns?

This idea might work but its very risky. The whole concept design of the game is on the line here.

Interesting lore, if you're going to gender lock a race give a good reason for it, and they definitely did! 

Really interested in seeing more on the Fae lore, as well as their attitude towards the hunger, and towards working with males on the battlefield. 

Loving the diversity in back stories so far, can't wait for the next reveal :) 

6TfiDku.gif

Well its been over 1 week and 2 days from the previous release but still no a new announcment

If you are referring to the content updates, the last one was released on Thursday.  You might be a little lost in your calender there.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

yea i checked that now and you are right i just saw the nuber of the day and i might of had thought another number cause i was in a hurry kinda