Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Meet the Cleric

Out of the way druid and legio!

CkpGInf.gif

Let the support race wars begin! (cleric 5, druid 3 and 4 races with neither)

maMWxX5.png

Class sounds good (naturally)...

What are your thoughts on the state of the Druid? And how the two should inter-relate and compare?

When will you be improving the support power elements and other issues facing support classes after the removal of weapon % damage on heals

(And the templar as a sort of third support - don't forget about them esp. with regards say support power etc too)

Clerics by race alone are going to be far more common....

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

I really like the design on the cleric - it's a solid healer with no gimmicks - exactly what we needed.  Very pleased with this one!   I won't be playing one (I fail at support classes) but my wife will play this as her main.   Thanks!

Edited by durenthal

5 minutes ago, durenthal said:

I really like the design on the cleric - it's a solid healer with no silly gimmicks - exactly what we needed.  Very pleased with this one!   I won't be playing one (I fail at support classes) but my wife will play this as her main.   Thanks!

That block group healing and retaliate self-barrier....i'm so sorry mr knight....

Speaking of: when will you fix druid and now cleric 'resource restoring effects' to properly restore stamina to allied knights?

(and just generally how inconsistent this effect also is with say energy, pips or essence too)

Edited by Tinnis

I love playing as healers and tanks in MMO's and this sounds perfect for me. Obviously I would go the healing route but really excited for this class. Maybe my favorite one so far that has been revealed.

tenor.gif

Edited by xoharbinger1992

Range for the Cleric LMB - this is setting up to be like the Prelate from SB days.  I'm glad they are making the change from Legio to Cleric; and for those people that love Centaurs, you can still be a cleric.

lUvvzPy.png

This class seems to have one of the strongest base kits to date. It'd be hard to try and run a group or raid without at least a few of these in the mix. Sad news for Elven loreplayers. Sun Elf Cleric would probably be a great addition.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Just what daddy wanted...

Christmas has come early.

I wonder what mana management will be like on the cleric, I guess illuminate takes eternal rages position as the battery skill. Seems like you'll end up spamming it on cool down almost.

When designing the powers one of the goals was to give the Cleric some offensive options to a kit full of healing and buffing powers. With all the tech work we did for disciplines we can now grant classes more powers than they can loadout into their power tray by default.

Perhaps I'm just blind, but I didn't see any additional info on the extra powers NOT slotted on the cleric. I thought the cleric was going to be the first class with more abilities than they can slot.

Edited by Helix

3 minutes ago, soulein said:

This class seems to have one of the strongest base kits to date. It'd be hard to try and run a group or raid without at least a few of these in the mix. Sad news for Elven loreplayers. Sun Elf Cleric would probably be a great addition.

Plus the combined stronger and more focused nature of the base kit and it appearing on 5 different races, compared to only 3 for the druid (and the more complicated style)........going to be seeing plenty more clerics than druids I think...(and a greater diversity of racial build options on clerics)

still 4 races with neither support option tho so far....

[support race chart]

Edited by Tinnis

Maybe its just my dirty old mind but... That icon for Hand of Gods looks a bit.. risqué?

But yeah otherwise sounds like a great class and base kit, can't wait to try it out and see what it can do.

5 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

Plus the combined stronger and more focused nature of the base kit and it appearing on 5 different races, compared to only 3 for the druid (and the more complicated style)........going to be seeing plenty more clerics than druids I think...(and a greater diversity of racial build options on clerics)

still 4 races with neither support option tho so far....

[support race chart]

From a Loreplay perspective, High Elves, Wood Elves and Minotaur all fit together. Likewise Nethari can outsource their support needs to the "lesser humans". A pure Elken group would be out of luck in the support department.

Perhaps these other races can make due by specially tuning other classes for a support role...though this would be more expensive and probably subpar compared to a dedicated Cleric healer.

Edited by soulein

It was interesting to see that y'all still consider classes to be defaulted into Tank, DPS and Support considering that disciplines can immediately change those roles and none of the new class pages designate a role to a class. ?

This design is... phew. This thing sounds disgustingly fun and annoying on paper, LOL. The "easy to play" note is interesting too. I wonder which Tank class ACE considers its easiest. I think we can all agree Confessor is the DPS meant for noobs. :P

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

1 minute ago, moneda said:

It was interesting to see that y'all still consider classes to be defaulted into Tank, DPS and Support considering that disciplines can immediately change those roles and none of the new class pages designate a role to a class. ?

This design is... phew. This thing sounds disgustingly fun and annoying on paper, LOL. The "easy to play" note is interesting too. I wonder which Tank class ACE considers its easiest. I think we can all agree Confessor is the DPS meant for noobs. :P

I think converting a Templar (for example) into a support character is totally doable, it will just cost you a lot more to create a subpar healer compared to a fully disciplined/geared cleric or druid.

I really wanted to play Elken and I was really happy when the knight became available to it. But, now I really want to play this... Now I'm not sure what to play, will the Elken part keep me playing a knight, or will I switch to one of the other races to play the Cleric.

Or you could surprise us and add Elken Cleric? :)

Edited by BDr

17 minutes ago, Helix said:

Perhaps I'm just blind, but I didn't see any additional info on the extra powers NOT slotted on the cleric. I thought the cleric was going to be the first class with more abilities than they can slot.

The auras (Holy/Vengeful) share a button in the mock-up and you can only use 1 at a time, same for Miracle and Divine Order. You have to pick one or the other in both cases, hence "more than they can slot."

2 minutes ago, soulein said:

I think converting a Templar (for example) into a support character is totally doable, it will just cost you a lot more to create a subpar healer compared to a fully disciplined/geared cleric or druid.

Heh, before today I'd totally been planning on making my Temp more of a tanky healer than Tank. That plan's very much "in the air" now.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png