Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Meet the Cleric

12 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

That would be better, but its still just so redundant to a core thing that should distinguish the support classes.

yes naturally

well yea compare their non healing base utility...

druid offers nothing of value

druid 5% group damage buff...200 hp barrier (like 2% a dps max hp)...10 hp thorns damage...you wont even notice these besides power RNG

a static capped channel 40% single damage boost buff..

a single target resource restore

base death utility and cooldowns? hahahahah

wooo

meh

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Two questions:

1. I know you said in the Q&A the other day that knights won't be changing from stamina, but I just don't understand that decision, especially in light of this reveal. The cleric has powers and block using mana, and can use stamina for sprinting. The knight still has to use stamina for all 3. Knights simply can't afford to sprint in combat, which hurts given their lack of mobility. I don't understand why the knight is forced to use 1 resource pool for everything.
  2. I've mentioned this in the feedback threads in the past with regards to abilities that increase max HP. I'm assuming that Holy Aura will work the same way. Any ability that increases max HP also increases actual HP by a percentage. If I'm at 3000 out of 6000 HP, Toughness (Juggernaut) will increase both numbers by 20%, putting me at 3600 out of 7200 HP. However, when the effect wears off, both max HP and actual HP get reduced by that percentage. So If I'm at 6000 out of 7200 HP when the effect wears off, I'll drop to 4800 out of 7200 HP. Is that intended? I would think that actual HP would only drop if it's above the new maximum.

35 minutes ago, ClockworkOrange said:

Sounds like a low skill ceiling healer that is better than the higher skill ceiling druid. For that alone, I don't like it. Also, sounds like too much auto targeting.

Sounds like some of you don't seem to understand that the current classes are not representative of how they are going to be like after the class/race changes. Comparisons between the new Cleric and the older ATs are a waste of time.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I just imagine a situation when all hope seems to be lost for Team A and Team B already feels like the sure winner - but only up to the point when suddenly a Team A-hamster-cleric breaks out of his tunnel ....

I'm worried bout it, but I do like the design of buffing allies and controlling enemies, and hope that the healing will take a backseat.

I was originally going to be a Guinecean Duelist, but might end up running an Offensive Cleric.

27 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

That would be better, but its still just so redundant to a core thing that should distinguish the support classes.

Druid = roots/snares, cleric = stuns; make it happen. 

At some point I feel like you want to be able to have a Druid that can do massive damage and still be able to heal themselves.  Isn't that just trading the confessor with the druid meta?  I do agree that the cleric's root should be changed, and I don't think it should be another stun (we can get that through discs) so I would suggest adding something to the cleric, like an attribute debuff.

Another suggestion I would like to make is that any heals that the cleric can acquire through discs, be added as HoTs and not as direct heals.  Give the druid and cleric a fundamental difference in how their heals are applied.

lUvvzPy.png

16 minutes ago, Caenth said:

Sounds like some of you don't seem to understand that the current classes are not representative of how they are going to be like after the class/race changes. Comparisons between the new Cleric and the older ATs are a waste of time.

Changing races/classes isnt going to change the combat and how everything is a massive unmissable aoe and a Click button heal group type spell. All these Aura/Chant type spells arnt adding anything skill wise to the game their just forcing Fotm Meta groups to form. People are gonna only wanna roll around with 2clerics 2bards type thing for max buffs and every little competitive edge they can get. I foresee bard/cleric bots aswell. super easy to make a script to change auros and throw down a giant heal aoe at yourn feet for your group with no FF in game.

Edited by wor

16 minutes ago, Caenth said:

Well if we don't complain, ACE might miss something we assumed they would see. Don't disregard preemptive opinions as bad feedback.

Edited by Dondagora

Just now, Dondagora said:

Well if we don't complain, ACE might miss something we assumed they would see. Don't disregard preemptive opinions as bad feedback.

Preemptive opinions that fail to contextualize what is to come are inefficient and objectively bad feedback. 

It's like commenting on the future balance of a future stat that isn't in the game yet based on a current stat in pre-alpha that is guaranteed to change in some way shape or form.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

1 hour ago, coolwaters said:

The AoE root I think should be replaced with something else :/

Way too similar to the one really nice thing Druid brings to the table.

To be fair pretty soon everyone and their dog will have that same AoE root once Arcane Archer is implemented. 

EDIT: I still think buffing aurora emitter is the way to go. Give druid the unique role of stack buster, would fix both staff as well as scim druid. Give them unique utility and a reason to be picked. 

Edited by Rikutatis

1 minute ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Preemptive opinions that fail to contextualize what is to come are inefficient and objectively bad feedback. 

It's like commenting on the future balance of a future stat that isn't in the game yet based on a current stat in pre-alpha that is guaranteed to change in some way shape or form.

Alright, there is such bad feedback, but I wasn't sure which the comment was referring. Some people have given some concerns regarding the Cleric's overlaps with Druid, and made mention of it. It is preemptive in that we haven't had Cleric officially in-game yet, but it isn't as if it isn't a valid concern. By mentioning it, you ensure that the devs might see the comment and keep it in mind with the rework as a potential issue.