Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
soulein

"They are stamina guys..." - T. Blair

also i find it concerning that the devs stated in the livestream that the far too powerful combination of a class with both healing AND block/parry - in the context of the templar, cleric, legio and druid - caused them to add another counter to block effects:

recon debuff (e.g. 30s duration, pretty easy to reapply) now removes the CC immunity from block/parry effects (its main utility at this stage)

so the knight suffers due to the other class combinations of heal/blocking effects?

another sweeping global change with bad side effects...

(recon counter attacks already had a higher skill cap anti block effect to knock a target down through their block and there are still anti block specific powers such as shield breaker which will also do that...)

also with regard armor and mitigation:

block grants 50% mitigation these days regardless of class

all mitigations are capped at 75%

and currently druids and legios can block far longer than a knight would dream of. have to see how it is on cleric.

will cleric block be the new mana shield with cc immunity and group heal? we will have to see!

they should add a similar effect to knight block but generates group barrier instead of a heal...

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

knight block is fairly pointless outside of elemental-only damage reflect and small bursts of cc immunity

even in 5.1 before the incoming 5.2 change of "Blocking and Parrying no longer prevent control effects when exposed."

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

So I'll throw my two cents into this discussions thats becoming a cesspool....  What a surprise....

I find the fact that knights use a singe resource for both combat and other actions to be an odd choice in design where all other classes have a separate resource for their combat actions.

I still believe that resources are regenerating in smaller ticks then they were before Disciplines were added. This could very well be intentional with the addition of disciplines that give resources such as Friar and Field Surgeon.  But I also believe it could be the result of all the numbers being divided by 10 and some rogue number in the back end is causing problems.

Although I still find these classes viable. Until fixes to certain abilities, such as chain pull or Myrm net pull. Both of these classes are suffering a bit, not to the point of being useless... just not meeting their full potential.

5 hours ago, Tinnis said:

also i find it concerning that the devs stated in the livestream that the far too powerful combination of a class with both healing AND block/parry - in the context of the templar, cleric, legio and druid - caused them to add another counter to block effects:

recon debuff (e.g. 30s duration, pretty easy to reapply) now removes the CC immunity from block/parry effects (its main utility at this stage)

so the knight suffers due to the other class combinations of heal/blocking effects?

another sweeping global change with bad side effects...

(recon counter attacks already had a higher skill cap anti block effect to knock a target down through their block and there are still anti block specific powers such as shield breaker which will also do that...)

also with regard armor and mitigation:

block grants 50% mitigation these days regardless of class

all mitigations are capped at 75%

and currently druids and legios can block far longer than a knight would dream of. have to see how it is on cleric.

will cleric block be the new mana shield with cc immunity and group heal? we will have to see!

they should add a similar effect to knight block but generates group barrier instead of a heal...

I really liked the "guard" mechanic in Dragon Age Inquisition. Shield users could generate a barrier from blocking incoming damage. It was a great way to give players sustain in a low healing environment.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

6 hours ago, Tinnis said:

preaching about cookie cutter choices from the person that literally wants to play every specalisation at once. okay!

Don’t pretend to know me or what I’m doing. 

Sadly I have not had a chance to jump into Crowfall yet and experience the massive disappointment it sounds like most have seen.  From what I gathered it seems the Knight has no dedicated way to restore their stamina at a decent rate when everything they do requires that resource.  It sounds like they either need to reduce the stamina required since we are Knights after all and have been trained for long endurance fights or they just need to grant us more stamina in general to help with stamina management.  I currently play Black Desert Online right now and the warrior's way to replenish WP (their resource for most abilities) is either blocking attacks, drinking a potion and dealing damage. There needs to be some sort of way for Knights to maintain their momentum in battle while being smart on their stamina consumption.  Obviously, if they start running around like a maniac they should spend their resources quickly and become winded (out of stamina) and be weak until it has been regenerated.