Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
88Chaz88

Feminism Brought To It's Logical Conclusion?

Or just a spin on the whole Amazon society trope?

I'm going with the latter, but I'm still grabbing my popcorn and waiting for the MRAs and Tumblr SJWs to clash over this one. :P

I'm not sure this is feminism? This is more like misandry brought to its (note the spelling - it's is a contraction for it is, its is the possessive.  You only have to learn it once.) - well I guess starting conclusion.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Correct! Feminism is about equality of the sexes (initially by empowering women, but in no way limited to that since about the second wave) not man-hating :P

I'm not sure this is feminism? This is more like misandry brought to its (note the spelling - it's is a contraction for it is, its is the possessive.  You only have to learn it once.) - well I guess starting conclusion.

I'd say misandry is involved, sure, but if a practice like this comes from anywhere then it's just an intense matriarchal culture and tradition taken kinda to the extreme. I mean to say that misandry is what this is, but it sounds like it's the sort of behaviour/tradition that's a societal thing. Misandry as a product of a matriarchal society, like misogyny is a product of our patriarchal one.  

I have a hard time understanding what exactly you mean. Anyway, I am really excited over this Fae Assassin and plan to play her as of right now. Unless something else seems to top this for me.

Dang, you already changed your avatar and everythang! lol  :lol:

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

What does the topic mean? Feminism brought to its logical conclusion? 

Do you insinuate that the goal of feminism is to gender lock all classes in games to females?

I mean, if we have issues with not being able to play a male assassin cant we just discuss this without bringing political topics to the forums?

oh..first post btw! *waves hi*

I am really interested in the "Tyrants" bit of the Archetype narrative.

"For generations, this has been our practice. For generations, we have known peace.

Men do not belong in the Riverlands…. not even the breeders. They are captured, they serve their purpose, and they are killed. Many treat their enemies less kindly, I think.

Think of the worst tyrant in history. How many lives could have been saved – how many wars averted – by a sharp blade, at the moment of his birth?

Why did I say HIS birth?

You know why. When I asked you to think of a tyrant, no woman crossed your mind. One life, for many. Quite the bargain, yes?

I say to you: the Hunger is not your enemy. Your enemy walks among you, charming and handsome, with a tongue full of lies. "

"...for generations we have known peace."

My guess is that male Fae are really rowdy, with extra violence.  This line implies that this Matriarchal society might have been a Patriarchal one not too long ago.  I think this might have taken place very recently.

"Men do not belong in the Riverlands…They are captured, they serve their purpose, and they are killed. Many treat their enemies less kindly, I think."

These female Fae claim that they are nicer to men than those men were to their enemies.  They most likely learned most of their violent methods from their predecessors.

"Why did I say HIS birth?"

Oh boy.

"You know why. When I asked you to think of a tyrant, no woman crossed your mind. One life, for many. Quite the bargain, yes?

I say to you: the Hunger is not your enemy. Your enemy walks among you, charming and handsome, with a tongue full of lies. "

The Hunger is not your enemy.  Your enemy is...charming, handsome, with a tongue full of lies.  I find this snippet the most fun to read.  The Fae assassin is an archetype designed to undermine player factions, in other words, they are aligned to the right of the cryptic tree, they are chaos.  Looks like some players will be capable of inciting chaos and fueling The Hunger threat.

"And finally, "Some mothers cry. Some plead for assistance. My mother did neither."

Not sure what race the killer of her mother was, but I bet it was a male soldier.  Sad background...nooooo!

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Gender locked is OK.  Appropriate for the lore.

Am I the only one that didn't expect to see the Fae have wings?  How will this shape the gameplay?

Also, I like the spider banners hanging on the keep.  Goes with the whole Black Widow vibe in the narrative:

"Men do not belong in the Riverlands…. not even the breeders. They are captured, they serve their purpose, and they are killed"

Gender locked is OK.  Appropriate for the lore.

Am I the only one that didn't expect to see the Fae have wings?  How will this shape the gameplay?

Also, I like the spider banners hanging on the keep.  Goes with the whole Black Widow vibe in the narrative:

"Men do not belong in the Riverlands…. not even the breeders. They are captured, they serve their purpose, and they are killed"

Hoping you can pack the wings away.

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

Now that is some grade A bait.  Nicely played.  +1 to what Oridi said.

Edited by seventhbeacon

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

All Fae like to seduce men and kill them with their kisses...wasn't their a TV show a few years back? She was even into girls in that show...sigh what was the name of it... 

I get a strong "witch elf" vibe from this archetype. If you played warhammer, this was a class restricted to dark elf females ie Brides of Khaine. Although ,their motivation was more to impress Khaine and do battle in his name, more religious reasons. Still, it was probably my favorite class because I felt they have a purpose much like the Fae Assassins seem have a very strong purpose for existing.