Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VIKINGNAIL

Don't give people multiple general trains but give each account 3 crows.

Question: When you leave your current vessel to inhabit a new one, does the previous vessel get destroyed or is it like suit that you can put on and take off whenever you want?

2 hours ago, Covfefe said:

Question: When you leave your current vessel to inhabit a new one, does the previous vessel get destroyed or is it like suit that you can put on and take off whenever you want?

I believe it depends on how one leaves the vessel, through the temple peacefully it degrades just a little bit ((like weapon/armor durability, vessels are just an item after all)) while violent means take a heavier toll on it. 

You are correct in theory, they should be acting as edger suits able to swap between them and keep some in your bank.

I'm pretty firmly against this idea. But the reason's I'm hearing in favor of it seem totally covered by the vessel system people are railing against.

You like trying lots of different things out - cool you can totally do that. Not only that, you can do it in one session. Switch vessels. Don't like the new thing, switch again, or switch back. Don't like the generic half rotted corpse you get at the temple? Befriend a talented necromancer, have them build what you want to try next.

The new direction skill have gone also blows the skill training issues out of the water. Each skill line starts with generics anyways. When you find the build you like, advance it all the way. It's practically custom built for people that want to try a little of everything. That said, I still hear the complaint that you'll be limited to either 1 or 2 lines in each category. Ok, yeah this is a thing, but it's a trade off for the amazing flexibility of being able to change class whenever you want.

And that came off grumpier than it needed to be... At any rate, my opinion is that the Dev's have gone above and beyond to give us flexibility, while still making specific roles valuable. I personally really hope they don't make it more broad.