Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Starts as a 4v9 aka No, You Can't Have Our Fort

Destrin

Looks fun.

I'm glad they have re addressed support class scaling*, with resulting effect of making the other non FS heal discs usable (woo Naiad).

(*despite not mentioning this in patch notes, and not doing the support power adjustment at the same time that they removed the weapon % from heals)

p.s. 5.2 really needs a spirit/inventory wipe IMO

Edited by Tinnis

I *think we "took your fort" about a dozen times. This was the broken claim we posted about yesterday (someone confirm plz). Claims went through over and over way after the timer was off. It was just bugged.

Fort claims are broken.  E and W fort cannot be claimed and are stuck order.  N fort is bugged Order.  Multiple tests and relogs.  Have video.

We were able to claim forts lastnight (Friday) and Sat. morning. 

Facerip and his buddy hit us in the back and got me down near the end. I think? Or am I thinking of later fights? The reason I ask is that I can see a timer on your screen I think, but the timer counted down on ours and we claimed over and over with no effect. Timer issue?

Fights were fun, if disorganized.

edit: Ya, this was it. We pushed you out and then went in to claim save a few to occupy you. No effect. You can see the timer tick down. Pretty important bug.

Edited by coolwaters

11 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

I *think we "took your fort" about a dozen times. This was the broken claim we posted about yesterday (someone confirm plz). Claims went through over and over way after the timer was off. It was just bugged.

Facerip and his buddy hit us in the back and got me down near the end. I think? Or am I thinking of later fights? The reason I ask is that I can see a timer on your screen I think, but the timer counted down on ours and we claimed over and over with no effect. Timer issue?

Fights were fun, if disorganized.

Chaos took the fort right after the fighting stopped, so maybe it is a desync issue on the timer? Not entirely sure.  There have been several times where the we know a counter has hit 0 and still unable to take a fort.

If you watch the video, Facerip enters at about 12:00 and helps Zybak and his basic book finish you off in the pond.

You guys did look rather unorganized.  Though it might have gone differently if ranged attacks didn't have issues landing.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

8 minutes ago, Destrin said:

Chaos took the fort right after the fighting stopped, so maybe it is a desync issue on the timer? Not entirely sure.  There have been several times where the we know a counter has hit 0 and still unable to take a fort.

If you watch the video, Facerip enters at about 12:00 and helps Zybak and his basic book finish you off in the pond.

You guys did look rather unorganized.  Though it might have gone differently if ranged attacks didn't have issues landing.

We were only focused on keeping you guys out of the fort until the timer was up. Did that easily, then tried to claim afterwards. Tried with 4 or 5 guys, over and over for maybe 5 minutes. The timer was clearly up, confirmed on your video.

Its a bug. Been reported multiple times in the feedback thread this weekend. It sucks to control the area and just not be able to claim because of a bug. Just nothing to do there. Time to hit another keep and wait for a fix I guess. No idea if server reset "fixes" it.

Edited by coolwaters

Yeah i think the term 'holding off' is misused in the situation where someone already holds your objective. 

Obviously we had no reason to push any advantage, we had the objective. Just due to a bug wasent able to capture it and move on. 

Unfortunately, due to the bug, time dragged on forever and eventually we were overrun once you rallied enough people. 

Heres hoping you can rely on like-same bugs for good video footage in the future, yes?

CfWBSig.png

2 minutes ago, Vectious said:

Yeah i think the term 'holding off' is misused in the situation where someone already holds your objective. 

Obviously we had no reason to push any advantage, we had the objective. Just due to a bug wasent able to capture it and move on. 

Unfortunately, due to the bug, time dragged on forever and eventually we were overrun once you rallied enough people. 

Heres hoping you can rely on like-same bugs for good video footage in the future, yes?

You're right... Should be pushed back.

You were overrun with 5 people vs the 7 or 8 inside the fort when we pushed in. Chaos only trickled in when you guys were already having trouble with us.  We did have trouble with executing low health targets as our fessor was a bard with no absolution and was running a basic book, and my damage was weak cause of the my basic staff, and ranger arrows just not connecting with the ranged targeting bugs.  I am sure you guys would have got more than one of us past 50% had your attacks been landing more consistently.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

15 minutes ago, Destrin said:

You're right... Should be pushed back.

You were overrun with 5 people vs the 7 or 8 inside the fort when we pushed in. Chaos only trickled in when you guys were already having trouble with us.  We did have trouble with executing low health targets as our fessor was a bard with no absolution and was running a basic book, and my damage was weak cause of the my basic staff, and ranger arrows just not connecting with the ranged targeting bugs.  I am sure you guys would have got more than one of us past 50% had your attacks been landing more consistently.

I think you misused the term 'pushed back' when we held the objective. Thats a defensive term when holding the line against aggressors. 

But yeah, i liked how the entire time the slider showed order winning when you were fighting over a already claimed objective.

It would of made more tactical sense to go claim a keep that was not already under your own factions control

If the system was working correctly you had lost the moment you chose to contest a already occupied objective. 

I guess in this game, due to the bug, two wrongs did end up making a right.

CfWBSig.png

6 minutes ago, Destrin said:

Got any excuses for having trouble killing 4 people, then 5 people who had 2 members with basic weapons? Or just going to stick with "The point was bugged"?

Dollarphotoclub_67132686_salt.jpg

You keep throwing little details in there like basic weapons, going against a head wind, uphill, sun in our eyes etc etc

You really seem desperate to look good right now. 

10 minutes ago, Destrin said:

Got any excuses for having trouble killing 4 people, then 5 people who had 2 members with basic weapons? Or just going to stick with "The point was bugged"?

I mean, we chased you guys half way across the map as the timer hit zero. Then we called retreat save a diversionary few and claimed. And claimed. And claimed.

We won the point of interest. It was broken. At that point we should have stopped messing with it and went after you guys, probably.

But that is candidly and exactly what happened.

I didn't think we played well and I certainly didn't think you guys played well either, frankly. Healing is simply ... high atm. (which I like)

Just now, Tark said:

You keep throwing little details in there like basic weapons, going against a head wind, uphill, sun in our eyes etc etc

You really seem desperate to look good right now. 

"Starts as" a 4 v 9 lol.

Starts with 4 guys afraid to enter their own fort, even after its vulnerable (save a bug) for like 10 minutes, while we were eating their ice cream.