Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Duelist: Other Races

Baron2009

30 minutes ago, ChosenofCastle said:

Knight and Cleric simply don't fit for Guinecean. Champion, assasin, confessor would sound all bettor for me. I can't imagine how so small pig can resist a mighty blow for half giant. Are these races already in game?

Assassin, yes.  Confessor, maybe leaning towards no.  Champion, hilarious.  Nothing is better than a raging midget.

Give me my Guinecean Champion.

1 hour ago, Mr.Kurtz said:

Assassin, yes.  Confessor, maybe leaning towards no.  Champion, hilarious.  Nothing is better than a raging midget.

In the world with magic, all races usually learn some sort of. That's why I say confessor. Champion, well - he does not have to be big and powerful. Small, fast and cunning may also beat his foe.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

53 minutes ago, ChosenofCastle said:

In the world with magic, all races usually learn some sort of. That's why I say confessor. Champion, well - he does not have to be big and powerful. Small, fast and cunning may also beat his foe.

Cunning Hamster Champion.  Is his name Gir Billings?

57 minutes ago, ChosenofCastle said:

In the world with magic, all races usually learn some sort of. 

I would love to argue that point saying Divine grace is not the same as arcane magick, and thus human does not learn any magick but that would derail the thread ;P

If you want any further proof that Guinecean is an obscure race, consider this: What other classes could this guinea pig be? Very few, if any. For most, its a laughable concept. So not only does the Guinecean lock a popular playstyle, but it also doesn't really fit inside the game with the other classes.

Its like somebody in charge in early development lost a very dear pet hamster, and instead of mourning it and moving on like a regular person, insisted that hamsters be implemented in their game and playable.

PS: Only guinea pigs have access to gunpowder because lore is the dumbest thing I have heard in months. 

Edited by Baron2009

12 hours ago, Mr.Kurtz said:

Under FAQ's "What Genres game is Crowfall. 

Answer: MMORPG

That is all window dressing to keep carebears around so that the player killing crowd can kill them.  Somebody wants to play pretend as an elf and someone else just wants to make an elf skin cloak from him.  Would you like some nice glowing balls to dance around your elf to increase your immersion?

9 hours ago, zolaz said:

That is all window dressing to keep carebears around so that the player killing crowd can kill them.  Somebody wants to play pretend as an elf and someone else just wants to make an elf skin cloak from him.  Would you like some nice glowing balls to dance around your elf to increase your immersion?

and leave you with a bare chin?

23 hours ago, Baron2009 said:

If you want any further proof that Guinecean is an obscure race, consider this: What other classes could this guinea pig be? Very few, if any. For most, its a laughable concept. So not only does the Guinecean lock a popular playstyle, but it also doesn't really fit inside the game with the other classes.

Its like somebody in charge in early development lost a very dear pet hamster, and instead of mourning it and moving on like a regular person, insisted that hamsters be implemented in their game and playable.

PS: Only guinea pigs have access to gunpowder because lore is the dumbest thing I have heard in months. 

People like that hackey sack character. Personally I find it amusing to see them heavily armored. There is also the assassin class that you can play, not to mention you have  the option to acquire runestones to further customize your character to further assist in kitting yourself out in whatever play-style you prefer.

• 1 year later...
On 7/25/2017 at 1:37 AM, Baron2009 said:

I'm very interested in Crowfall and the Duelist looks like everything I've wanted to see in a class, but I simply have no interest in playing a hamster. I'd love to see the Duelist class set extended to Humans and Half Elves. 

Until this happens though I don't see myself buying the game. I'm very interested to know why this classic playstyle is locked to only one obscure race. Quite frankly, it makes me wonder about other strange and ultimately poor design decisions that I haven't yet noticed or might be implemented in the future. MMOs are living things, and their success is tied directly to its ability to grow and evolve with an engaging story so the last thing I want to do is invest my time in one with bad direction.

+

I also see no point in acquiring a game without access to this class. It’s just a terrible decision to limit this class to race 1 (yes, it’s a common thing when a combination of race - class doesn’t match the player’s wishes, BUT is another case. For an unlimited religion or racial class, it is available only to ONE race. + This is a fanrace ("joke race "), not to the classic serious race

ps. and yes, except for this class, well, I personally have no one to play there. The druid is curious, but he is not quite as I expect, he will get bored in a month. A ranger (sword + bow) is not a bad alternative, but knowing that there is a blade + gun in the game, it will make me sad every time and envy that this class is not available to me, despite the fact that it is present in the game. it will be torture

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 8:37 PM, Baron2009 said:

[...]

In the lore of the game, Firearms are linked to the Guinecean race.

Guineceans are the only ones with access to pistols and burrowing. The Duelist class was born from this style of combat.

Duelist is not accessible to other classes, because it was specially tailored for Guineceans. You would have better luck to request firearm access on other classes with a major discipline than having the Duelist class completely reworked without stealth/burrowing/tunnelling/pistol.

On 8/2/2017 at 12:57 PM, Mr.Kurtz said:

Guinecean Ranger! With the unique ability to use a rifle (purely a cosmetic/flavor thing)

Give me a tiny Guinecean dressed like Robin Hood!

Incredible! I found a unique screenshot of two Guinecean Ranger:

hqdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, Gaulwa said:

two Guinecean Ranger:

I am afraid you are mistaken. What you see here is a rare photograph of a guinecean family sniper team. One is holding a rifle in one hand and a baby in the other. Notice the papuse looking thing on the right leg? One could argue the baby was also sighting the rifle.